SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Classic Vespa's Cafe 2009

machine k

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there...

The folks over on vespaclub.sg are organising a little shindig... care to join?

Anyone care to la kopi / teh before the CNY?

Date: Friday, 23 Jan 2009

Time: 19:30~

Venue: KTM (Old Train Station at Tanjong Pagar)

01) Sharpey

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

Hey Kenny.... well, it would have been, except for the fact that I've since had to buy a car to ferry my kid around in... drive him to childcare (also at poly) every day... So the scooter is now for "recreation only".... well actually... it's in bits at the painters at the moment... finally doing my overhaul...

Hey swans... hope you're doing good also...

You guys free tomorrow for a quick kopi at KTM??

yep.. sent for dismantling (I helped to cut costs :) at Tong Aik), then gave all the bits a wash and transported to Mechem Engineering (Benoi area near tuas) for sand blasting and phosphate dip (antil rust)... they've got this huge tank of phosphate... they dunked the whole frame in after blasting all the old paint and rust of... came out looking brand new :) then sent the fork, levers, stand etc for powdercoating at Spectra in AMK Industrial Park 2... Not cheap... but again, all parts look brand new now.

The other bits got sent in my car (thank god I bought one with a big boot) (the frame managed to fit in my back seat!) to Alan the painter at the VW import centre in Tuas... they do all the dealer prep, and dealer re-spray on VW cars... v.professional. Alan has a reputation for very high quality painting (the whole scoot including my new metal custom top box is costing $750 to paint) Will be black with 3 coats of clear ontop for extra lustre... All seams sealed with an elastic antirust sealant... underbody sprayed with durable paint etc...

Not exactly the cheap way to do things... but I really don't want to have the scooter rusting out from the inside (frames made post 96 are made with inferior metal and rot easily)... Wish I had an older frame... they are much better made...

So yeah... it's a labour of love... Have been saving my makan money for nearly 2 years to pay for this (wife won't allow me to spend salary!)

Hope to see you later... if not, another time...

Cheers,

James.

Got 2nd Vespa lor.... The blue beast :) My Father-in-law and Mother-in-law ride it to work every day... but it's registered in my name... It's nice having a *mostly* stock bike... gotta low that low-end torque with the sito+ :D

• 2 weeks later...