SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Classic Vespa's Cafe 2009

machine k

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmm...heloz...juz wondering, where is da comp. held ah???

Ride safe dudes n dudettes.

Burnz the rubber, not ur soulz.

past ride -

FR4**U Nsr SP sept 06 - june 07

FV8*9* Spec II vtech may 08 - apr 09

Current ride -

FBB67**M june 07 - current

currently looking fer drz, anyone?

Is it possible to "upgrade" the turn signal switch on a PX200? Mine is starting to seize up and wanna check before I get a replacement. Prefer the push to cancel type found on motorcycles.

The position of the current signal switch seems too far for me too. The horn switch too. Any ready solutions out there?

thnx...hope 2 c sum actions l8r...new 2 diz stuffs tho...

Ride safe dudes n dudettes.

Burnz the rubber, not ur soulz.

past ride -

FR4**U Nsr SP sept 06 - june 07

FV8*9* Spec II vtech may 08 - apr 09

Current ride -

FBB67**M june 07 - current

currently looking fer drz, anyone?

Pics of the derrière

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/sharpey79/P1020840.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/sharpey79/P1020841.jpg

neat box.. wonder how many full face can you squeeze in there?.. haha.. and make sure you dun wheelie ya! haha.. :cheeky:

1983 Vespa PX150 FA5**4A

2001 NSR 150 SP FT 7*4G

1983 Vespa PX150 FA5**4A

2012 Triumph Street Triple R FBF4**8G

One full face and a jacket :) Just nice...

The wheelies are a problem though :D

Legan,

Check out Tong Aik and Ban Hoe Leong (see wiki for addresses)... they have a couple you can try... probably nothing much you can do about the ergonomics though...

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

excel..?? hmm.. big headlite... tts fugly... but it got frnt disc brake.. ups for tat.. but still big headlite..!! i once had tat headlite.. but change to px round healite.. cuter tho.. :D

.:vEspA on tHe dArK siDE:.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:MrSCzsv_o8nZTM:http://www.metalshop.cz/images/836.jpg

jOkeR iN tHe paCK

it has a giganto speedo tts for sure..haha..but lyk machine k said, its a matter of personal preferance..no one bike can satisfy all riders..haha..just get one tt ure happy with..cheers

1983 Vespa PX150 FA5**4A

2001 NSR 150 SP FT 7*4G

1983 Vespa PX150 FA5**4A

2012 Triumph Street Triple R FBF4**8G

ouh ic..thnx for all the opinions.. btw abt the huge speedo n big headlite as wat bassist said can change to Px one so shldnt be a prob i guess.. coz im planning to cut here n there n change here n there also..

but wat im more interested in is the internal parts that are unique frm others like wheter the parts are easier to find than PX? n how is the price like compared to PX.. smting like that.. kinda noob in vespa so trying to ask around first..

i did some reading n they mentioned T5 as a gd vespa in performance..

-death is a promise from god at birth-

-everyone dies, but only some lived-

bro parts in general for excel are easy to find. some parts are shared with px. One thing good abt the excel engine is it has a 200cc clutch basket. so u need not splurge if u want to upgrade the clutch. rear axel also differ from the normal 150. if im not wrong it uses the 200cc axel. cos the gear cross is the same as the 200. gear stack same as 150. i guess the rest are the same as 150. only the rear axl bit is different. out look wise you can chop all u want, change anything u dont like and ppl wont have any idea its an excel. unless u keep the boxy ass of the excel.

I doubt we can find any T5 here in singapore. it is powerful cos it is 5 port engine stock. which explains its power. and also because of the gearing particularly between 3 and 4. slap in a new kit, a performance pipe, tune the carb n i think it will be a bad a** machine.

cheers on your project bike.

Edited by maz

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12430/Signature%20copy.jpg

NTU Vespa Club

bro parts in general for excel are easy to find. some parts are shared with px. One thing good abt the excel engine is it has a 200cc clutch basket. so u need not splurge if u want to upgrade the clutch. rear axel also differ from the normal 150. if im not wrong it uses the 200cc axel. cos the gear cross is the same as the 200. gear stack same as 150. i guess the rest are the same as 150. only the rear axl bit is different. out look wise you can chop all u want, change anything u dont like and ppl wont have any idea its an excel. unless u keep the boxy ass of the excel.

I doubt we can find any T5 here in singapore. it is powerful cos it is 5 port engine stock. which explains its power. and also because of the gearing particularly between 3 and 4. slap in a new kit, a performance pipe, tune the carb n i think it will be a bad a** machine.

cheers on your project bike.

thanks for all the info.. now i have a much better insight. btw i saq one guy selling his black t5 .. check out his sales ..

-death is a promise from god at birth-

-everyone dies, but only some lived-

can you elaborate more on the clutch basket? can't seem to find any info on google..

How do i put it. Its basically where your clutch plate sits in. when assembled it is the clutch assembly. Generally 200 uses different clutch plate size from 150. so the basket radius is slightly bigger. It uses 7 spring as compared to the 5 in 150. Oh and there is the cosa 200clutch upgrade. Sharpey can explain on cosa clutch. but i personally dont like the spongy feel of the cosa clutch. Well its the natural thing to upgrade to harness the torque of the bike. Bewarned once you start modding u cant stop. its addictive.

hors3m3n: i think it should be a TS instead of a T5.

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12430/Signature%20copy.jpg

NTU Vespa Club

Hi everyone,

do you ride in the rain? I've read that the vespa's tires lock up quite easily on wet roads. I've a disc model so it's a concern that I might lock up my front end since the front is so light. Actually more worried about hard braking during emergencies.

yesh i do ride in the rain but i try to avoid. mainly bcos it's wet and cold and water creeps into the bike and will cause rust. haha, but if i can't wait out the rain, then raincoat on and just go.

With vespa, it's quite easy to lock your tyres if you don't brake properly, don't depress suddenly and hard. Anticipating the traffic is your best way out, try not to go too fast or tailgate, it usually doesn't end with happy endings.

Oh yah, using soft compound tyres help grip better and change the tyre when the threads are worn.

The front disk is pretty hard to lock up... I wouldn't be overly worried... as mentioned... ride slow and maintain an increased distance from other vehicles...

Anything not rated tubeless...

Other than that.... just avoid anything too cheap...

Am running a DURO on my front and a Cheng SHin at the rear... no issues so far..