SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Classic Vespa's Cafe 2009

machine k

BrO's...i HaVe a DiStUrBiNg pObLeM...WeN i RiDe n ChAnGe to Da 2nd GeAr oR Da 3rd GeAr, it SuDDenLy JuMpS GeAr... n i HvE 2 cLuTcH-in n FiNd Da GeAr AgAin...n it JuMpS So FrEQuEntLy LaTeLy... iSSiT Da 'CrAnKshAfT'? 'cLuTcH-pLaTe'? 'GeAr-CrOss'? Or SuMTiNk Dat i Nv NoE??? :cry:

Ride safe dudes n dudettes.

Burnz the rubber, not ur soulz.

past ride -

FR4**U Nsr SP sept 06 - june 07

FV8*9* Spec II vtech may 08 - apr 09

Current ride -

FBB67**M june 07 - current

currently looking fer drz, anyone?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BrO's...i HaVe a DiStUrBiNg pObLeM...WeN i RiDe n ChAnGe to Da 2nd GeAr oR Da 3rd GeAr, it SuDDenLy JuMpS GeAr... n i HvE 2 cLuTcH-in n FiNd Da GeAr AgAin...n it JuMpS So FrEQuEntLy LaTeLy... iSSiT Da 'CrAnKshAfT'? 'cLuTcH-pLaTe'? 'GeAr-CrOss'? Or SuMTiNk Dat i Nv NoE??? :cry:

HEY I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!

PROBLEM 1

mine is from gear 1 to gear 2, it will go to 2 and a half so have to bring down abit..

sometimes it happens when from 2 to 3 oso, but not so often as 1 to 2..

i changed the housings n cables recently so it has to come somewer else..

PROBLEM 2

i just changed my meter, the round ones that only shows the speed..

my speed seems like it cant go further, but i can feel that it can go.. like the rpm stagnant after awhile..

isit the meter spoil OR CDI?

gear 1 - max 30km/h

gear 2 - max 50km/h

gear 3 - max 70km/h

gear 4 - max 90km/h

especially gear 4, like no power.. standard wld be 80km/h.. have to full throttle to get 90..

for the cross gear, i heard u can play with the ratio.. does that mean u can change each gears( 1,2,3 and 4) separately to obtain the desired speed for each gear?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :thumb:

-death is a promise from god at birth-

-everyone dies, but only some lived-

canabis, your issue is a worn shifting cross... time for an engine overhaul.

hors3m3n yours is more likely the old "false neutral" with Vespa gearboxes... you could try getting your gear cables adjusted... might help, if not, it's a matter of learning the right technique.

Not sure about your second problem.... is the scoot more smokey that normal?

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

overhaul??? waaaah! nt even 2 years i bought her, plus overhauling... can xplain more wit da shifting cross bro sharpey??? peace...

past ride -

Current ride -

canabis, your issue is a worn shifting cross... time for an engine overhaul.

hors3m3n yours is more likely the old "false neutral" with Vespa gearboxes... you could try getting your gear cables adjusted... might help, if not, it's a matter of learning the right technique.

Not sure about your second problem.... is the scoot more smokey that normal?

i tink its my technique.. just now my mech rode with me 2 rounds with no prob.. i thought 1 mnth of riding shld be sufficient for me to adapt.. i guess not.. try harder..

hey peeps, got a question.... any1 knows about the shop at Bukit Merah lane? Yee Sing? any of his customer here???

Yeah, he's been repairing Vespas for ages... can't say how good he is though... try and see...

i tink its my technique.. just now my mech rode with me 2 rounds with no prob.. i thought 1 mnth of riding shld be sufficient for me to adapt.. i guess not.. try harder..

Took me a while when I first started... no worries.

overhaul??? waaaah! nt even 2 years i bought her, plus overhauling... can xplain more wit da shifting cross bro sharpey??? peace...

These engines need relatively frequent overhauls to keep them in good running condition... like every 40-60,000 kms or when your gears start jumping like you describe... bite the bullet and get it done properly somewhere. Avoid rebuilds that are too cheap, they likely cut corners...

Can't explain what the shifting cross does, because I don't know. But when it is worn, your gears will jump :)

These engines need relatively frequent overhauls to keep them in good running condition... like every 40-60,000 kms or when your gears start jumping like you describe... bite the bullet and get it done properly somewhere. Avoid rebuilds that are too cheap, they likely cut corners...

Can't explain what the shifting cross does, because I don't know. But when it is worn, your gears will jump :)

fuuuuuuh!!!....so tat xplains riding while humping....tank yew soo much...

past ride -

Current ride -

just realised another prob.. after riding abt less than a mnth, my bike will like lose power whenver i close throttle n wanna open throttle back.. when to check at shop n found out my carb was the dirty.. so after cleaning the main jet(i think) it was ok.. no few days later same thing happen but i havent send shop to check yet.. anyone knows y?

y so fast dirty/choked up?

is my fuel tank dirty? fuel pump?

The cruciform is a small cross-shaped alloy part used to select gears. It works by fitting into square cut outs in the gears themselves. This is a high wear part. Since there is almost no buffering between the gears, this part receives damage with almost every shift. Sloppy shifting will expediate its demise. Luckily, this piece will not hurt the steel gears when it slips.

quoted from vespamaintenance.com

i changed to the alloy block.. cylinder i duno oso.. quite noob.. but i know my compression very high.. coz wen kick start the push back of the kick start very strong..

try changing the spark plug first,

and also, i think it's time to clean the cylinder head/piston. Rid the carbon deposit.

and check your air/fuel mixture. (get a mech if u not sure)

just wen down to check my bike.. my fuel tank dirty coz previous owner more than 3 mnths left it empty n didnt move.. coz i did an overhaul, so it had to come from somewhere.. now i know..

I saw a PX 200 at the workshop with front disc brakes going for $1700 with COE ending next year at this time; bike in good condition just requiring a new paint job. Any kind vespa enthusiasts can help to sniff if this is a good deal??? THANKS!!!

sniff sniff.. woof.. :D

i know 1 person who will always reccomend getting a px with disc brakes.. but true enuf, its for safety.. price wise im not dat senior enuf in this scene to advise u..

but roughly, u will be paying 2.7k++ for the bike as 1 year is very fast n before u know it u have to pay the COE..

all the best! :thumb:

Edited by hors3m3n

Just helping a fellow fren promote his services..

D'GAPZ is doing a bike wash that specializes in:

Detailed washing

Waxing

Polishing

Chain cleaning

Currently we're located at 2 places :

123 kaki bukit ave 1,shun li industrial estate.

behind republic motor. Timing is from 12noon to 8pm. Monday to saturday only. Sunday closed.

Tampines st 72, Blk 723a mscp level 2.

Timing is from 9pm onwards to 1 am. Monday to saturday only. Sunday closed.

For this location,by booking appt only.

For booking and more enquiries, do call Rudy at hp: 8400-3867

You can also view us at http://www.dgapz.multiply.com

Hope to hear from you guys soon..

Support Local Talent :thumb:

Good day bros out there...preety noob on Vespa accessories...need to know the pricing of accessories for Piaggio PX(the chrome thing juz below the lic plate) & where to buy them before kena slaughter....tx for the feed back on the pics attach... have a great day ahead.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/fishmanokbl/Vespa/SN858319.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/fishmanokbl/Vespa/SN858292.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/fishmanokbl/Vespa/SN858288.jpg