SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How to D.I.Y on spraying colours to bike fairings

Originally posted by desewer@Dec 13 2006, 05:14 PM

Please do a search in the forum before posting. There are quite a few threads which covers the issue you are asking about. In fact, there is one thread which covers spray-painting a bike fairing by yours truly.

So, please do a search. Thank you!

maybe you can provide a link for our friend here since you took the effort to post liao..rite?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 yr also can lahhh... that's why there are archives... if every year people keep asking the same questions, and others keep providing the same answers... sianz rite...

Anyway my DIY paintwork on the 125Z showed signs of cracking and wear after the 4th month on the road. Mainly because when at work I have to park in under the blazing hot sun... no where else to park.

If anyone is going to respray their bike I suggest sending to a professional shop to do it for them. And beware! Some motordiams will eat your $$$ yet they will use spray cans on your bike. Go for automotive paint and airbrushed applications...

:dot:

Sorry friends,

Thanks for the guidance, sorry that I did not search all the archive, cos firstly I am quite new to bulletins board so not quite sure how to use it too..

Secondly I searched all the "hands on" but only found this =)

My bike is park at home most of the time with shelter and also it is well protected from rain, secondly also I ride mostly 85% at night =) hopefully the paint will last longer!

Anyway thank you once again for all the professional guidance,

Thank you.

Lester =)

not a problem like i say its like a year ago..i myself contributed but i forget it existed as well. WAHAH

as for durability...sometimes not only sun you juz have to accept the hard truth and it is...spraycans dun last. simple. its a path you choosen we are juz telling you the worst case scenario.

so same words...... good luck.

Yup yup thank you.

Really appreciate the help.

Erm actually just D.I.Y for the sake of experiment and try out.

Learn more about my bike also.

Anyway I am riding a Honda NSR150SP, It is a stock color. But I am already in the process of sanding it already..

THUMBS UP!

Will try to post pictures of my D.I.Y bike upon completion.....!!

Cheers ;)