SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Air filter removed

zen9er

Hi people, this might be a weird question but I am looking at a bike to buy that had its airfilter removed by the previous owner who was told air filters are useless. My question is, even if I install it back, are there likely any 'permanent' damages to the engine already? Or are those filters really not that necessary?

Edited by zen9er

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air filter is suppose to filter out dirt, grime and dust when you riding on the streets. Install back air filter won't damage to the engine but safe the engine.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:58 AM, zen9er said:

Hi people, this might be a weird question but I am looking at a bike to buy that had its airfilter removed by the previous owner who was told air filters are useless. My question is, even if I install it back, are there likely any 'permanent' damages to the engine already? Or are those filters really not that necessary?

do NOT NOT NOT run without filter. if u have no filter please put back 1 asap. @zen9er

if your bike is running fine then fingers cross no damage.. u wont be able to know unless u open up the engine but no point if the bike is running fine......

55 minutes ago, DRZ_b0i said:

do NOT NOT NOT run without filter. if u have no filter please put back 1 asap. @zen9er

if your bike is running fine then fingers cross no damage.. u wont be able to know unless u open up the engine but no point if the bike is running fine......

Yes yes! But if you want good airflow then suggest get aftermarket filter like K&N, Sprint and BMC

• Administrators
On 1/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, NVZZ said:

Yes yes! But if you want good airflow then suggest get aftermarket filter like K&N, Sprint and BMC

Are stainless steel filters or mesh/foam filters better?

• 11 months later...
On 1/12/2021 at 9:47 PM, SBF said:

Are stainless steel filters or mesh/foam filters better?

I'm not sure which one you prefer. For me I'm currently using Sprint. And their maintenance is just using blower to blow off 

air filters are supposed to filter out the small particulate derbris that can get into the engines and grind to paste inside.

Even if the engine is now doing fine without the filter, i think it will probably be suffering from accelerated wear & tear later.

You can't really tell without taking the engine apart.

Personally, I won't get the bike.

On 12/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, NVZZ said:

I'm not sure which one you prefer. For me I'm currently using Sprint. And their maintenance is just using blower to blow off 

Need to wash bro.. Blower will spolit or split your filter over time.. (shorter life span)

22 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

air filters are supposed to filter out the small particulate derbris that can get into the engines and grind to paste inside.

Even if the engine is now doing fine without the filter, i think it will probably be suffering from accelerated wear & tear later.

You can't really tell without taking the engine apart.

Personally, I won't get the bike.

indeed.. but again.. depending on the bike.. 4 stroke need the air filter.. 2 stroke dun really need.. just need to clean it regularly.. Simple mechanical of motorcycle = more power = no need so much filters.. haha

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055