Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys. I worked near National Library, starting work at 8.30am. I intend to ride my bike to work and wish to avoid ERP and finding the best place to park. I dun mind walking up to 10 minutes.

 

To avoid ERP ( I coming from the West ) from Rochor Road, i intend to park somewhere near to Bugis MRT then walk to my office near the library.

 

Which carpark should i chose? Is this the best option? What are the other alternatives can you guys give me?

 

Thank you in advance.

  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Hi guys. I worked near National Library, starting work at 8.30am. I intend to ride my bike to work and wish to avoid ERP and finding the best place to park. I dun mind walking up to 10 minutes.

 

To avoid ERP ( I coming from the West ) from Rochor Road, i intend to park somewhere near to Bugis MRT then walk to my office near the library.

 

Which carpark should i chose? Is this the best option? What are the other alternatives can you guys give me?

 

Thank you in advance.

 

There's a public carpark beside bugis MRT near the temporary hawker centre , its coupon parking , u can try there . I always park there when going to OG.

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

 

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Posted

i normally park my car at raffles hospital and walk to liang seah street to makan. on my walk there, i always notice an entire row of motorcycles parked on the pavement along the road. not sure if its legal but it looks like many bikes park there.

http://simonnunis.smugmug.com/photos/684724736_fuDoa-M-1.jpg
Posted

if u coming frm d west tru highway, u still bn charge wit ERP, b it u using AYE or PIE...

so ders no way u cn avoid paying erp...

unless u wanna go to work b4 d ERP start ar..

juz my .78 cents...

Posted

If u wan to avoid ERP, there's always an illegal way to avoid it but I shouldnt say it here. If you coming from west, then u can exit from Rochor Road and park at Bugis area. There's no ERP if you dont turn left into North Bridge Road or Beach Road. So the best place to park is at Raffles Hospital Carpark which is free or at Albert Centre Temporary Market carpark.

:angel:
Posted
If u wan to avoid ERP, there's always an illegal way to avoid it but I shouldnt say it here. If you coming from west, then u can exit from Rochor Road and park at Bugis area. There's no ERP if you dont turn left into North Bridge Road or Beach Road. So the best place to park is at Raffles Hospital Carpark which is free or at Albert Centre Temporary Market carpark.

 

if u go by expressway, b4 u exit rochor, u hv to past tru d gantry, m i rite? so ders no way TS cn escape d AERP charges

unless TS wanna go out early ar, way b4 d erp start...

Posted
If u wan to avoid ERP, there's always an illegal way to avoid it but I shouldnt say it here. If you coming from west, then u can exit from Rochor Road and park at Bugis area. There's no ERP if you dont turn left into North Bridge Road or Beach Road. So the best place to park is at Raffles Hospital Carpark which is free or at Albert Centre Temporary Market carpark.

 

can you pm me the illegal way please? thanks :D

Always ride safely and defensively.

Repair bike cheap and fast,

Repair body expensive and slow.

 

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

Posted
can you pm me the illegal way please? thanks :D

 

Can PM me the illegal way too? :-p

 

Also, just wish to double check, i only need to pay ERP on AYE to Rochor Rd once near Portsdown Ave from Jurong right? Sorry, i never drive during peak hours before.

Posted
Can PM me the illegal way too? :-p

 

Also, just wish to double check, i only need to pay ERP on AYE to Rochor Rd once near Portsdown Ave from Jurong right? Sorry, i never drive during peak hours before.

 

yup... n also b4 d rochor exit too, if i'm nt mistaken...

Posted (edited)

i'm nt sure abt d number tho.. but its b4 u going up d bridge, b4 rochor exit...

juz infront of d IR...

i dunno whether its in operation or nt in d morning...

Edited by Barongan78
Posted

Albert centre temporary market is a good place. Free and legal parking and plenty of lots, no erp. I use that place when I go for lunch with friends working at bugis.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg
Posted
i'm nt sure abt d number tho.. but its b4 u going up d bridge, b4 rochor exit...

juz infront of d IR...

i dunno whether its in operation or nt in d morning...

 

I found it. It is gantry No 53. No operation in the morning. Yeah! But evening time got ERP. Wonder why.....

Posted

can park at SMU. free parking for bikes.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128075727/xanthe/nl/images/1/1f/Asian-Troll-Face.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/iewgnail/LW2.jpg

Posted

is there any free parking at thomson plaza?

 

 

Class 3 - 15 Sep 08 (10th attempt)

Class 2B - 2 April 09 (9th attempt)

Class 2A - 29 June 10 (11th attempt)

Class 2 - 25 August 11 (0 attempt)

 

  1. May 09 - Rinoa Heartilly (KRR150)
  2. Feb 12 - Ariel (RVF 400)
  3. Apr 12 - Miyako (RVF 400)
  4. Dec 12 - Wave 125
  5. Aug 15 - Beth (MT 07)

Posted
Raffles Hospital carpark can squeeze thru. I jus did that this afternoon as I wanted to pay but the carpark attendant told me to squeeze thru. Damn funny. Wan to pay also dun wan.

 

I think they dun like my face loh. Correct, squeeze thru first. Then after parking bike, ask for my cashcard for payment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...