SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hais! i brought it to chong for top overhaul the sound never go away, bring it back again to ask him why still persist he says the "case" of the engine loose, the connecting rod inside the engine will knock, to change the whole engine will need to go to LTA, so he changed 1 side of the engine case for me.

sound will always be there during cold start, kinda used to it already, wahaha.

problem still persist but goes away after awhile, doesn't affect performances but it's just not nice to hear. maybe you can bring it for your mech to do a checkup and ask what's the problem! see if can solve can let me know :p

hais! i brought it to chong for top overhaul the sound never go away, bring it back again to ask him why still persist he says the "case" of the engine loose, the connecting rod inside the engine will knock, to change the whole engine will need to go to LTA, so he changed 1 side of the engine case for me.

sound will always be there during cold start, kinda used to it already, wahaha.

problem still persist but goes away after awhile, doesn't affect performances but it's just not nice to hear. maybe you can bring it for your mech to do a checkup and ask what's the problem! see if can solve can let me know :p

Wah top overhaul also no use ah.. :

anyone here with the same problem???

i intially did a top overhaul, after that the changing of the case i did an engine overhaul as well (5months apart), total cost = $550+600$ = $1210

so my verdict is, even with overhaul it problem will still persist because it seems to be a problem of the engine case, which would be a hassle changing. (who knows yours might be ok??)

when slow down can't hear it, the exhaust pipe sound will be too loud, but when idle can hear, but after riding like 10-15min the sound will go away.

side note, i study at SIM! maybe one day can meet up and see our problems together!

i intially did a top overhaul, after that the changing of the case i did an engine overhaul as well (5months apart), total cost = $550+600$ = $1210

so my verdict is, even with overhaul it problem will still persist because it seems to be a problem of the engine case, which would be a hassle changing. (who knows yours might be ok??)

when slow down can't hear it, the exhaust pipe sound will be too loud, but when idle can hear, but after riding like 10-15min the sound will go away.

side note, i study at SIM! maybe one day can meet up and see our problems together!

Thanks jh for sharing the info! I study at sim too! Yeah we should. I'm planning to go down to planet on Thurs to let the experts diagnose.. And just now on the way back home the sound was quite apparent.. Like evolved to rod knocking? Zzz. I'm quite new to riding and I've been reading forums day in and out for an answer. Guess I'll let the mechanics teach me lol. And wah top overhaul so ex ah :s

is it normal if you accidentally dropped your bike, and fuel starts leaking, but it stops after a while? what about the bike stalling during rain, when you stop for traffic?

Dude if fuel is leaking, get it checked even if it has stopped.

If your bike stalls in the rain, the cover for your spark plug is leaking. To test if this is happening, splash a bucket of water at the rectangular chrome cover on the right hand side while your bike is running. You can solve this problem by taping up the spark plug cover or buying a new spark plug cover.

• 2 weeks later...
Dude if fuel is leaking, get it checked even if it has stopped.

If your bike stalls in the rain, the cover for your spark plug is leaking. To test if this is happening, splash a bucket of water at the rectangular chrome cover on the right hand side while your bike is running. You can solve this problem by taping up the spark plug cover or buying a new spark plug cover.

Jus to add for the new spark plug cover, recommend to go to a motor shop near ubi driving centre, kampong ubi industrial area.. Sorry Can't recall name of shop but they used a much longer spark plug cover that solves same problem that you describe, i.e. Bike stalls in the rain. A few shops I went to did not know the problem - length of spark plug matters, even my regular mechanic! Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus got a TA200 last month and there's been 2 persistent issues that did not resolve even after I sent the bike to the mechanic, who did an oil/spark plug/brake pads change.

1. Upon starting the bike, the idling rpm feels so low that sometimes the engine will just die off. I adjusted the knob to increase it but then it will rev v high during idle once engine is warmed up. Today I started it and the engine kept dying within 15s during idle unless I throttle a bit.

2. The rear brake pedal depresses fully with no braking effect occasionally (maybe once every 10times). Most times it brakes as per normal but those times I step and it can go all the way down with no braking felt can be quite scary. I fix it now by tapping a few times until it regains normal braking again. Anyway the brake feels spongy too. Checked the rear brake fluid reservoir and it's sufficient. Need to bleed the brake line?

Make sure you're not unknowingly resting your foot on the rear brake pedal while riding. That happened to me once when I was riding with army boots... chong from planet motors laughed and told me I was pressing on the rear brake all the way without knowing, the pad heated up and that's why no braking power at all and I can depress it fully.

Definitely not the issue of resting my foot on the rear brake pedal all the way. As mentioned, most of the time the pedal does work normally. It's the few times that it becomes spongy and can depress fully with no braking felt that's worrying. Shall send it to the mechanic for a look (actually I did send it already, but they obviously didn't fix it zzz)

Hi guys!

Just few days left when i'm starts hear a tick-tick sound from my bike, it's good to hear on the right side on idling, when the engine is hot, no sounds on cold engine. What is this could be? One week ago I replace the chain for new one, old one was making a lot of noise when it's tihgtened.

Hi guys!

Just few days left when i'm starts hear a tick-tick sound from my bike, it's good to hear on the right side on idling, when the engine is hot, no sounds on cold engine. What is this could be? One week ago I replace the chain for new one, old one was making a lot of noise when it's tihgtened.

Could it be that the sound comes from your exhaust contracting due to the heat? I also have that. I only heard weird noises when I'm riding in gear 3 & 4, read somewhere that it's manufacturer's fault.

Jus got a TA200 last month and there's been 2 persistent issues that did not resolve even after I sent the bike to the mechanic, who did an oil/spark plug/brake pads change.

1. Upon starting the bike, the idling rpm feels so low that sometimes the engine will just die off. I adjusted the knob to increase it but then it will rev v high during idle once engine is warmed up. Today I started it and the engine kept dying within 15s during idle unless I throttle a bit.

2. The rear brake pedal depresses fully with no braking effect occasionally (maybe once every 10times). Most times it brakes as per normal but those times I step and it can go all the way down with no braking felt can be quite scary. I fix it now by tapping a few times until it regains normal braking again. Anyway the brake feels spongy too. Checked the rear brake fluid reservoir and it's sufficient. Need to bleed the brake line?

Issue 1 you probably should pull the choke when you first start the bike. Idling will settle nicely after engine is warmed up and you can push the choke back in after.

Ok, finally I'm realize that is a Knocking valves in my Phantom, sound from a top of the engine. Problem was, that thai "mechanics" put not enough engine oil when change, today I check by the manual from this forum... I bought oil and put inside maybe 0.3 liter. Can somebody tell me what to do with valves and sound, maybe I can find some liquid to mix with oil to fix it, or have to unfold it and adjust the valves?

Ok, finally I'm realize that is a Knocking valves in my Phantom, sound from a top of the engine. Problem was, that thai "mechanics" put not enough engine oil when change, today I check by the manual from this forum... I bought oil and put inside maybe 0.3 liter. Can somebody tell me what to do with valves and sound, maybe I can find some liquid to mix with oil to fix it, or have to unfold it and adjust the valves?

u know u need to use the dip stick when seeing if the engine oil is enough....

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Yes) I did it, but I did not know that oil level checking with unscrewed deep stick, thats my fault =(((

Make sure that the bike has been rested for a while. This is to ensure that the engine oil level has stabilised instead of having recently sloshed around.

Make sure that the bike has been rested for a while. This is to ensure that the engine oil level has stabilised instead of having recently sloshed around.

Yes, I check it twice, now the level is on top of "xxxx" unscrewed deep stick. But knocking sound doesn't go.

And one more question, when I'm driving on medium to high rpm I hear loud knocking sound different one, it was before, I was never drive phantom before, so don't know is it normal?

Yes, I check it twice, now the level is on top of "xxxx" unscrewed deep stick. But knocking sound doesn't go.

And one more question, when I'm driving on medium to high rpm I hear loud knocking sound different one, it was before, I was never drive phantom before, so don't know is it normal?

You probably should post up a video or sound clip so that users here can figure out what it is.

It shouldn't be knocking or juddering at high revs