SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

Carb overflow.. Maybe float got problem or stuck... This one need mechanic to help you with the carb.. Check that the overflow drain valve screw is closed..

Problem solved...the mechanic said the carburettor pin was the caused...had the shop replaced it FOC since I only took out the bike for less than a week...:thumb:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since, we are talking about petrol here. I bought 2005 phantom TA200 sometime back. I do not know whether this is a problem or not but when I have ridden the bike for sometime like for 4-5 kms and then i stop at the signal, I feel petrol smell but otherwise with cold engine it's not there, FC is also not bad and is around 33-35 km per litre. Is this an issue or may be I am thinking more.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Can't tell by your hunch. But could be a fuel tank cap that has its seal worn off such that there is significant evaporation or that you have the keen sense of smell.

If your FC is 33-35km, then it can't be a leak from your carb or fuel line, unless of course if

1. the leak is not so significant OR

2. your original FC is well over 40km/l

Whichever he case, I hope you are not smoking (cigarette) while you are riding with this problem.

at standstill, free gear, revving till abt 1/3 throttle is smooth, but revving at higher rpm, especially near full throttle, you may experience stuttering --> somewhat.. when i rev higher it stutter a bit

at standstill, first gear, revving to move off, you may experience like fuel going to reserve, or worse engine die. --> No this doesn't happen

at normal speed, on overtaking, you may experience loss power when you try to accelerate, thus bike deceleration --> yeah this seems more close to the problem i am facing. when overtaking or speeding higher than 70km/h i feel a bit of decelaration.

Ok, I guess we are going in the right direction...

I think if you're not confident to diy, its better to send it to the workshop, just tell them what you want to do...

your idle circuit is okay. anyway standstill u stutter u also cant tell which throttle position okay or not. 70km/hr is which gear?

u should do the same test again at gear 6 - 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, wide open throttle.

anyway hor, u seem to be hunting an issue u cannot pinpoint. like what palawan say just go to the mechanic and demo what you are experiencing. or even show us. or else it will be another table top exercise because u want to trouble shoot but dont know where to operate on. describe online not very easy.

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Since, we are talking about petrol here. I bought 2005 phantom TA200 sometime back. I do not know whether this is a problem or not but when I have ridden the bike for sometime like for 4-5 kms and then i stop at the signal, I feel petrol smell but otherwise with cold engine it's not there, FC is also not bad and is around 33-35 km per litre. Is this an issue or may be I am thinking more.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

petrol not a lot of place can leak leh.. if fresh petrol smell cap is tight then check the down tube coming down from carb bowl see got leak petrol or not.. (carb overflow).. if its petrol havent burnt complete smell then its just running rich..

sometimes maybe no problem leh.. maybe...

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all the replies.

So since my last update regarding my bike stopping a bit and consuming all the engine oil in about 1K, I topped up a bit of engine oil(didn’t have the spanner to open the bolt underneath to drain out and change oil myself) and took the bike straight to Planet. Uncle Ah Chong cleaned the carburetor and replaced engine oil, spark plug etc. After this it seems a bit better but the problems seem still there. Although I asked uncle repeatedly but he don’t see any problems. I don’t know Chinese so not sure if I could explain the problem clearly to uncle. So still feel that something is stopping the bike to run smoothly. It doesn’t turn off completely even at traffic lights when it is idling but when in speed (even at about 70km/h) it seems to stop a little(something like when it is about to go in reserve fuel). So feel a bit (although very less compared to what it was before carburetor servicing) of push back or jerk back when speeding. I don’t know what the problem is or how to explain this to Ah Chong uncle.

Any fellow forumer got any ideas? Could the fact that all oil got consumed in 1K km is pointing towards some problem underneath with piston rings? Uncle said no problem with engine or piston but I don’t think he opened the piston so i doubt he can confidently say that all is fine underneath.

Also any idea when should one go for overhaul. I mean my bike is more than 10yr old and has run for 85K km so does it mean the overhaul is required soon?

Although the bike has been well maintained and the engine produces very good sound (I mean no cranky or weird sounds) even if you open the throttle a lot but any idea if overhaul is a must after certain point?

bike consuming lube and cannot reach high speed...?? ....time for an overhaul...

another problem is worn clutch plate..

off course old bikes ...everything needs a cleaning...

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

• 1 month later...

Hey

First time post ;)

I have 2 sounds from my phantom i wonder abut.

1. rattle sound...faster i go more loud. Maybe electric problem? when i press clutch its still there. And left turn indicator smetimes works sometimes on all time no blink sometimes blinks.

2. some metalic clanking kncking sound from engine, not lud but still can hear it.

I have rattling sound too but i assume its chain...need change it for better one.

Thanks for help and info

• 2 weeks later...
Hey

First time post ;)

I have 2 sounds from my phantom i wonder abut.

1. rattle sound...faster i go more loud. Maybe electric problem? when i press clutch its still there. And left turn indicator smetimes works sometimes on all time no blink sometimes blinks.

2. some metalic clanking kncking sound from engine, not lud but still can hear it.

I have rattling sound too but i assume its chain...need change it for better one.

Thanks for help and info

Too generic. Like someone said here before long time ago - TA200 sure got a lot of sound one when riding. Dun worry yourself sick, and just enjoy the ride. Really worried, then send your bike to a workshop for a checkup. Most of us here can't do diagnostics based on descriptions.

and WELCOME TO SBF.

Too generic. Like someone said here before long time ago - TA200 sure got a lot of sound one when riding. Dun worry yourself sick, and just enjoy the ride. Really worried, then send your bike to a workshop for a checkup. Most of us here can't do diagnostics based on descriptions.

and WELCOME TO SBF.

Thanks for advice :) Yes i do enjoy myself on it...old but good bike :)

Anyway i figure out rattle sound....speedo is making it in front wheel. So i know what to change.

Turn indicator fixed too already :)

Thanks for advice :) Yes i do enjoy myself on it...old but good bike :)

Anyway i figure out rattle sound....speedo is making it in front wheel. So i know what to change.

Turn indicator fixed too already :)

There are some tricks to dampening rattling sounds in TA200.

add rubber washers to side chrome covers

add rubber lining to fuel tank

change rubber shoes of speedo gauge

remove bushing from rear license plate holder

change new tension guide roller

change new rubber cushion (rear swing arm)

ensure proper chain tension

lube chain regularly

and many more

take a journey of discovery. It helps when you move on from TA200 to the next 2A or Class 2 bikes.

hi spartanmatt, able to advise where/how you get it done! mine also rattling like crazy!

Hey...

First of all check chain is it tight and oiled ;)

I had rattle from right habd side chrome cover under tank. I changed old screws for a bit longer bolts and a bit bigger (fatter) washer from outside. So now cover sits tight and not move at all. Added soft sticker (one of those double side thicker tapes i had at home at a time) on metal part under that cover. It was touching that on vibrations. That Rattling sound stopped.

I did same with all chrme parts...no more screw driver needed and looks better in my opinion ;)

I had from license plate too removed all including the license plate light and just installed on screws license plate...tight and no sounds there too.

New rubber under speedo on tank.

My speedo rattles next to front wheel... i lubricated hose starting from top (removed from speedo on tank not wheel) andput lubricant inside so it goes down too wheel. It helped but not 100% swtill working on good idea on that ;)

My advice check all the bolts on bike example next to footsteps, exhoust pipe (my was making noise there too couse one bolt wasnt tight enough) and other.

I tight up all what i could. Maybe some chrome parts making rattle sound on front too if u have any extras on it.

Hope will help u a bit ;)

hey jh23

Tomrrow morning im "attacking" speedo again i will check closely next to wheel and any rubber over there.

Today was riding and speedo got loose and off under the tank so needed quick take off on road :D tomorrow i will put it all back together and greese it up.

I will post what i find.

Im my experience anything can be changed or replaced ;)

Did u tryed grease up speedo? Maybe dirt inside too...

U can acctually pull the inside metal part of speedo ut and check for what condition is in.

I wasnt sure wich was rattling on begining so i just disconected Speedo on wheel took short ride and i knew its the part next to wheel not my cable ;) Eliminating prblems first :)

I know how annoying that rattle is...but need try myself before spending 1600BHT at honda. Thats what they said the new cost.

yes i am... but not much Smiles i see here anymore ;)

I vividly remember Thais as one of the most friendly nationals I've ever encountered or worked with. I used to have a fair bit of colleagues from Thai (hardworking, honest people) but they are fast being replaced by Filipinos and Indians nationals here in Singapore.

As your troubles in your homeland, I can only say its for the better of your people. At least you people don't let others take you for a ride to nowhere. SALUTE.

I vividly remember Thais as one of the most friendly nationals I've ever encountered or worked with. I used to have a fair bit of colleagues from Thai (hardworking, honest people) but they are fast being replaced by Filipinos and Indians nationals here in Singapore.

As your troubles in your homeland, I can only say its for the better of your people. At least you people don't let others take you for a ride to nowhere. SALUTE.

Thanks for SALUTE.

I live in Thailand and i agree to that they are friendly and kind people living here but NOT in Tourist Locations. I ride alot meet people in villages very kind and nice in Bigger towns and "resort" areas they only smile when u take wallet out, not all but most. Personal opinion ofcourse.

hi spartan, thanks for the advise.

mine rattle came from the left side chrome cover, just a few push and it goes away. however my speedo rattle like mad, can those rubber be replaced?

Hey...

So i "attacked" my speedo this morning. I think i need new. No rubber parts inside or maybe missing? :D The metal part its moving inside out on wheel end of speedo. So i putted back put lubricant in and rattles less but still rattle. Maybe need take it all apart but not sure its worth my time on it...i can get used to small ratlle sound for now. :) ;)

i don't really know how to "open" up to the speedo part, later break anything need pay more.

another problem im working on is the rust on my pipe, tried to get it off via few methods:

aluminium foil with water (makes the pipe smooth but doesn't remove rust)

aerosol (no effect for me)

turtle wax rust removal (doest work as well)

anyone has tackled this problem before?IMG_2137.jpg

i don't really know how to "open" up to the speedo part, later break anything need pay more.

another problem im working on is the rust on my pipe, tried to get it off via few methods:

aluminium foil with water (makes the pipe smooth but doesn't remove rust)

aerosol (no effect for me)

turtle wax rust removal (doest work as well)

anyone has tackled this problem before?[ATTACH=CONFIG]320829[/ATTACH]

Hey.

If u not sure how open...dont u right :)

Rust on pipe... try Coca Cola and aluminium foil. :) or tooth brush. and lots patience :D

If there is only surface rust u do ok i think. My have scratches and rust is deep too so i just did what i could not to make hole.

I used coca cola to remove rust from muffler and sand paper but that was prepartion to seal holes in muffler so didnt worry about scratching Chrome.

Im thinking about removing all that rust with sand paper and make layer of epoxy heat sealant and smooth it out and spray with heat resistance "chrome" paint. Wont be so shinny but will not look rusted ;)

Hope will help.