SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Boxes, Panniers & Saddlebags

Kevs

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

China ladies bag doesn't help as much as the panniers during fall! :lol:

So for E21 panniers + rack...just get from LAB?

I'm just worried they will ask me to transport the boxes myself! :sian:

And...I noticed that our top box the rack angle is a bit different...that won't cause any problems when installing side panniers right?

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

No problemos, there are many ways to fix side boxes but the warning here is that some geometries may require you to shift the signal light mount backwards.

Or in my case mount the boxes further outwards for the 'police cruiser' look.

That explains the very strange mounting for mine.

LAB is great if you can haggle the price down but 180 is decent enough and if their customer service is crap, walk away and go to their competitors next door, at least that's what I do :D

Just don't get accessories from out of the way places like Woodlands, Kranji, or West Coast... those bike shops really mark up the price tremendously because customers are relatively rare and they need to make a living. Ie, they sell E21s for as high as $250.

China ladies bag doesn't help as much as the panniers during fall! :lol:

So for E21 panniers + rack...just get from LAB?

I'm just worried they will ask me to transport the boxes myself! :sian:

And...I noticed that our top box the rack angle is a bit different...that won't cause any problems when installing side panniers right?

u can ask ah boy to include installation... their despatch rider will bring e box over to e workshop... u will follow e despatch rider... just b prepared to wait for quite a long time to get it fixed... haha... if u dun wanna wait too long, be their first customer! :)

Thanks armani123sg for the info and tips...usually I prefer to be first customer too.

For planet I go very early, don't mind paying the 50cents ERP for 1 on 1 service with ah chong. :D

What I don't like about LAB is their location, a lot of vehicles. If follow halfway I got overtaken by a bunch of cars and lost sign of the dispatch how? I'm a slow rider. :cheeky:

Went to buy nuts, bolts and washers...going diy secure my top box to my rack already.

Box flying out once while riding is enough an experience for me already. :faint:

Just curious...if I use power drill to drill a hole on my box...will the box crack? haha.

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Thanks armani123sg for the info and tips...usually I prefer to be first customer too.

For planet I go very early, don't mind paying the 50cents ERP for 1 on 1 service with ah chong. :D

What I don't like about LAB is their location, a lot of vehicles. If follow halfway I got overtaken by a bunch of cars and lost sign of the dispatch how? I'm a slow rider. :cheeky:

Went to buy nuts, bolts and washers...going diy secure my top box to my rack already.

Box flying out once while riding is enough an experience for me already. :faint:

Just curious...if I use power drill to drill a hole on my box...will the box crack? haha.

dun worry, their despatch also quite slow... haha...

use power drill n drill ur box shouldnt b a problem, just dun force it down too hard, let e drill eat thru e plastic... but u sure ur box got problem? cause that time my givi simply box, when i attch to my baseplate, got a small click sound, but when i pull e box, it comes out!!! i got a shock! so what i did is simply put on e box on my base plate as usual n hear e small click sound, then i use my right hand to bang e under side of the base plate where e locking mechanism is while pushing down on e box itself with my left hand ... then i heard another louder click sound... when i pull out e box now, it doesnt come out! fully secure! :)

I always checked by box by tugging it before riding to make sure that it's secured...but it just flew out one day! :faint:

No harm attaching a few bolts and nuts to make sure it's fully secured so I can rest my mind on putting laptop in the box when going to school. :)

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

I always checked by box by tugging it before riding to make sure that it's secured...but it just flew out one day! :faint:

No harm attaching a few bolts and nuts to make sure it's fully secured so I can rest my mind on putting laptop in the box when going to school. :)

icic, then better to play safe... :)

So far I've not heard of box flying off but just remember to waterproof them if you wanna drill securing holes. Cheers!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

Well...mine did...and it wasn't nice to make the dash from lane 3 to lane 1 to get my box back. :faint:

I'm thinking of drilling holes underneath the box at the rack area, then secure it with nuts, bolts and washers. I think water won't really seep in from that portion...if it does, I'll just use a rubber washer. :D

Oh ya...If I install side panniers...what will happen to my helmet lock?

Do they remove it if it gets in the way?

Edited by Vashie

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Well...mine did...and it wasn't nice to make the dash from lane 3 to lane 1 to get my box back. :faint:

I'm thinking of drilling holes underneath the box at the rack area, then secure it with nuts, bolts and washers. I think water won't really seep in from that portion...if it does, I'll just use a rubber washer. :D

Oh ya...If I install side panniers...what will happen to my helmet lock?

Do they remove it if it gets in the way?

Oh, your top box flew off! I tot was your side panniers! Yes, my friend advised me to screw the top box to the base plate for security too, but I din lah. Ya, den no problem with waterproofing lah!

There'll be a gap between the mounting brackets and the pannier which acts as an allowance so no need to remove the helmet lock. Only thing that needed to be relocated are the rear signals! They relocated mine for free and hope they do it for you for free too!

Edited by pureice68

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

For a moment...I thought I was the only unlucky guy to ever heard of or experience top box flying off. :lol:

Hmm...I only heard DIY needs to relocate the rear signal...even those go shop ones also need relocate? Thanks for the info...must make it clear if they going charge me for relocating rear signal. Hope they won't mess up the wirings. :pray:

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

For a moment...I thought I was the only unlucky guy to ever heard of or experience top box flying off. :lol:

Hmm...I only heard DIY needs to relocate the rear signal...even those go shop ones also need relocate? Thanks for the info...must make it clear if they going charge me for relocating rear signal. Hope they won't mess up the wirings. :pray:

Ya, heard of top box UFO-ing, hahaha.... And always afraid that mine will too, so always make sure it's a loud click when fixing it on and also will pull a few times to ensure fully fasten! Bad luck for you that your's flew off eventhough you'd checked.

Yup, hopefully the mechanic will do a good job for you!

Ya, heard of top box UFO-ing, hahaha.... And always afraid that mine will too, so always make sure it's a loud click when fixing it on and also will pull a few times to ensure fully fasten! Bad luck for you that your's flew off eventhough you'd checked.

Yup, hopefully the mechanic will do a good job for you!

i tink i'll leave a bigger gap when riding behind u nxt time... lol...

i tink i'll leave a bigger gap when riding behind u nxt time... lol...

lol, i tot we are always riding very far away from each other already! dun think mine will hit you lah even if we try, kekeke...

Box no number plate...can leave behind if can afford to buy another...:thumb:

No money...no choice must retrieve.:cheeky:

Class 3 - 4th June 2008