Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in the States, Dainese are considered the top of the line suit period. Spyke are on par with Alpinestars. Those dainese suit cost as much as your new bike in singapore. Texport has been around but rarely spoken for in the States. In the UK maybe so....

i have the GPU suit by Alpinestars but i wish for the smx version suit. If i haev that cash laying around, you bet dainese will be on my shopping list.

SuperBikeArena.com Take it to the Top!

 

Exchange Currency Guide

 

Nesba Advance/Expert #68

04' R1: Akrapovic Slip-on...PCIIIUSB...Puig screen

 

05 GSX-R 1000: Ohlins Shock..Ohlins Steering Damper...Front fork performed by Traxxion...MyChron Light TG Blue...Vesrah SRJL pads...Goodridge Brake lines...tankslapper kit...ZG Touring Screen...Tankpads.com...R&G sliders...Motovation...PCIIIUSB...BMC Race Filter...Akrapovic EVO 2 Titanium FS short can...Cox Radiator Guard...BazzazPerformance QS-4 quickshifter(plug and play)... Hotbodies race body painted by tbsgraphics.com...Amsoil 10w40...Dunlop 209 Gp/Bridgestone 002

Link to post
Share on other sites

dainese suits are like nike shoes, nice design and top pf the line in price.

 

texport is also very well made and has some solid designs for a much better price than dainese.

 

rev'it is also a very good make for leathers

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

using the Clover rc100 series vented model with speed hump and sliders.

the fit is damn solid and the leather is thick yet soft.

removable CE protectors and lining.

Rated best full leather 1 piece suit in Feb 2004 British Edition of "Superbike"

 

100% satisfied!!!!

highly recommended!!!!!!

top class material and make quality

 

worth every cent....

 

check out this review:-

In a pre-NEC bike show presentation, we were party to preview of some fine leather and fabric items from Italian moto clothing company Clover. It’s not a well –know brand in the UK, but in Italy they are among the top three. Judging by some of the fabric stuff we were shown, their position in the Serie A of Italian clothing companies is well deserved. Despite the dubious name – Clover? Irish lucky charms? – the design and ‘build quality’ of the jackets was spot-on. It’s not gear pitched at the lower end of the market but it’s worth a look if you want a bit of Italian design flair on your back. They sponsor a few Italian grand prix riders and Big Al has been comfy as you like in an RC100 one-piece race suit this season with no complains. check out http://www.clover.it for pretty pictures.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Throttle@Jan 16 2004, 11:37 PM

compared to over priced Dainese, Clover is a much much better buy......

got other brand dat just sell the pant onli??? cheap cheap 1 will b the best... i just want to put slider on the pant then try try 1st... then after i know well i want to invest more on the full suit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dainese basic leather pants with velcro for sliders = $780

RS Taichi leather pants with velcro for sliders = $680

Clover Leather pants with velcro for sliders = $620

Rev-it LEather Pants with Velcro for sliders = $550

Lower grade leather pants with velcro for sliders $400 - $500

Cheapest one i have seen is in Tokyo's Ueno park which is famous for bikes accessories and apparel. about JPY25000 with works out to be just below $400.

that was during the sale period.

 

Leather pants with velcro for sliders are generally $100 - 200 more than normal leather pants becos they are armored in the right areas and have velcro for sliders

 

IF you are keen to go on track, just buy a full suit once and for all. it will save you money. In other words, do it right the first time...saves money time and effort

 

But if you already have a good leather armored jacket, just buy the matching pants, then you will have a 2 piece leather suit which is decent for the track too.

it will set you back half the price of a full suit either way..........

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Throttle@Jan 17 2004, 08:51 PM

Dainese basic leather pants with velcro for sliders = $780

RS Taichi leather pants with velcro for sliders = $680

Clover Leather pants with velcro for sliders = $620

Rev-it LEather Pants with Velcro for sliders = $550

Lower grade leather pants with velcro for sliders $400 - $500

Cheapest one i have seen is in Tokyo's Ueno park which is famous for bikes accessories and apparel. about JPY25000 with works out to be just below $400.

that was during the sale period.

 

Leather pants with velcro for sliders are generally $100 - 200 more than normal leather pants becos they are armored in the right areas and have velcro for sliders

 

IF you are keen to go on track, just buy a full suit once and for all. it will save you money. In other words, do it right the first time...saves money time and effort

 

But if you already have a good leather armored jacket, just buy the matching pants, then you will have a 2 piece leather suit which is decent for the track too.

it will set you back half the price of a full suit either way..........

i have a touring jacket which have all the protection i need 4 the top part.... but i now need a track pants so i can have a great time on the track without worryin will my knee rub against the floor if i open my leg too big n stuff like dat.......

 

i am not a hard core lacer... just want to have a feel... heehee so the cheapest is 400??? where can i get it??? i don care abt the brand n stuff like dat..... cheap is the main facture.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Throttle@Jan 17 2004, 08:51 PM

Dainese basic leather pants with velcro for sliders = $780

RS Taichi leather pants with velcro for sliders = $680

Clover Leather pants with velcro for sliders = $620

Rev-it LEather Pants with Velcro for sliders = $550

Lower grade leather pants with velcro for sliders $400 - $500

Cheapest one i have seen is in Tokyo's Ueno park which is famous for bikes accessories and apparel. about JPY25000 with works out to be just below $400.

that was during the sale period.

 

Leather pants with velcro for sliders are generally $100 - 200 more than normal leather pants becos they are armored in the right areas and have velcro for sliders

 

IF you are keen to go on track, just buy a full suit once and for all. it will save you money. In other words, do it right the first time...saves money time and effort

 

But if you already have a good leather armored jacket, just buy the matching pants, then you will have a 2 piece leather suit which is decent for the track too.

it will set you back half the price of a full suit either way..........

today i went to daniese there to ask liao

he quote mi 650 4 the top range 1.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm looking 4 a pants...cos i already haf a taichi RS armoured jacket.

 

problem...my jacket doesn't comes wif the solid paddings. it has all the slots but no paddings..any idea where i can get them...??? :confused:

 

now..heh! heh! heh! is to get myself a decent pair of pants and armoured gloves! :smile: my glove CMI liaoz..:sian:

Riding With Passion, Kruzer Club Singapore

www.kruzer.sg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5359/bikeypulaumawar.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dainese Singapore or rather JR located along upper serangoon only has one model for leather pants with sliders application. he quoted $780 last time although wiling to give 10% discount. $650 is quite reasonable if you ask me. but it's not perforated so can be very hot.

 

CE armor you can easily buy over the net.... or go to chiap lee

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Throttle@Jan 18 2004, 08:43 PM

Dainese Singapore or rather JR located along upper serangoon only has one model for leather pants with sliders application. he quoted $780 last time although wiling to give 10% discount. $650 is quite reasonable if you ask me. but it's not perforated so can be very hot.

 

CE armor you can easily buy over the net.... or go to chiap lee

got 2 model

diff onli 50 bicks....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by TSP Racing Team@Jan 19 2004, 10:58 AM

go get an alpinestar one... they're the best after so many suits i've gone through!!!!

how wat suits u use before?

care to give comment of each of the suits u wore before?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried on a few brands before although not actively on the track.

 

Texport - good feel and good price but make is a little raw.

Dainese - good feel, great designs, make is good, price is too high

RS Taichi - good feel, soft but feels too thin, price is quite high.

Rev'it - good feel, well made, good price (highly recommended)

Clover - good feel, soft, doesnt feel thin, very well made, price OK.

Alpinestars - Feels tough but a bit hard and thick. Price OK

Spyke - feels good, nice designs, price OK

Komine - thin, basic, doesnt feel protective enuff, cheap

 

 

this are my personal opinions after trying the suits.

 

please try, strectch bend, curl, kick, pull, squat before buying.

The moment somewhere uncomfortable, drop it no matter how cheap.

 

$1200 can get you a very solid suit already..........

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Throttle@Feb 5 2004, 10:54 AM

I have tried on a few brands before although not actively on the track.

 

Texport - good feel and good price but make is a little raw.

Dainese - good feel, great designs, make is good, price is too high

RS Taichi - good feel, soft but feels too thin, price is quite high.

Rev'it - good feel, well made, good price (highly recommended)

Clover - good feel, soft, doesnt feel thin, very well made, price OK.

Alpinestars - Feels tough but a bit hard and thick. Price OK

Spyke - feels good, nice designs, price OK

Komine - thin, basic, doesnt feel protective enuff, cheap

 

 

this are my personal opinions after trying the suits.

 

please try, strectch bend, curl, kick, pull, squat before buying.

The moment somewhere uncomfortable, drop it no matter how cheap.

 

$1200 can get you a very solid suit already..........

:thumb:

 

a detail comment..

now i can choose my next suit liao..

 

but must sell mine again first..

hehehehe

 

thanks throttle

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you are going on the track, one piece full suit is the way to go.

so many other brands, no need to buy spyke for $1,500.

 

Revi'it made in europe (netherlands brand) very solid about $1,200

My personal recommendation for budget concious yet seek top quality.

 

Motorworld stocks many jap brands and the sales staff not helpful.

go there to buy only for convenience . pay and then **** off

:nono:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SBF unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...