SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Racing Suits

seal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Arlen Ness 2004 collection will be posted on the http://www.bg-performance.com site in the next few days. Delivery can be within the next 10 days.

We have sizes from as small as 46 to 56, the Price Jungleboy quoted is in US$

Some one from S'pore is currently nego with us being a distributor, so we can ony accept individual orders before this distributor's deal is finalized.

If you can get 3-4 suits order together, then we'll paid for the airfreight

Originally posted by jungleboy111@Mar 14 2004, 11:43 PM

Wow... can you elaborate more? It's made to measure? Tell me more...

Yes, its custom tailored to your measurements. $700 is in Singapore Dollars.. Abt 1K++ you too can find custom leathers here..:thumb:

Originally posted by Hariku@Mar 15 2004, 05:54 PM

Yes, its custom tailored to your measurements. $700 is in Singapore Dollars.. Abt 1K++ you too can find custom leathers here..:thumb:

Can elaborate some more plsssss......

Like where you got it, how you got it, what kinda design it is, what kind designs are available, who to look for, any place to view the designs....etc, etc....

Originally posted by Speedy81@Mar 15 2004, 07:36 PM

Where did you get it done & how did you get it done ?

For which ones, the $700 or the $1K ones?? Designs available are whatever thats on the market minus the brand logo off course... or design yourself and give them the picture...

Or you can go thru me for a nominal fee.. hehe.. :cheeky:

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by Hariku@Mar 16 2004, 11:44 AM

For which ones, the $700 or the $1K ones?? Designs available are whatever thats on the market minus the brand logo off course... or design yourself and give them the picture...

Or you can go thru me for a nominal fee.. hehe.. :cheeky:

Are you referring to that old Fieldsheer shop in KL. Or do you wanna be more specific? I have been in this business so long and I'm really skeptical if there is custom made to measurements suits for SGD$700.

Maybe first you want to make up your mind if you posting to share info with others or you wanna make money.

If you wanna share, there's a couple of people already asking you to be more specific about the source of this suit.

If you wanna make money and dun wanna share the source for business reasons, then ok, but please list out what are you offering, the protectors used, CE approved or not, got racing hump or not, the thickness of the leather, the stitching is by a leather suit manufacturer or by some shop doing leather handbags, pencil case and doing this as part time, the kinda of sizing/fitting they use (jap, euro, german?) and your turnaround/delivery time, the delivery costs, etc.

If acceptable, I will personally buy from you at $700 (inclusive of shipping costs?) to see for myself how custom made is this "custom made" suit.

I have experienced myself "custom-made" suits which are plainly not custom as they make them out to be.

Originally posted by Reddevil76@Mar 16 2004, 11:52 AM

Are you referring to that old Fieldsheer shop in KL. Or do you wanna be more specific? I have been in this business so long and I'm really skeptical if there is custom made to measurements suits for SGD$700.

Maybe first you want to make up your mind if you posting to share info with others or you wanna make money.

If you wanna share, there's a couple of people already asking you to be more specific about the source of this suit.

If you wanna make money and dun wanna share the source for business reasons, then ok, but please list out what are you offering, the protectors used, CE approved or not, got racing hump or not, the thickness of the leather, the stitching is by a leather suit manufacturer or by some shop doing leather handbags, pencil case and doing this as part time, the kinda of sizing/fitting they use (jap, euro, german?) and your turnaround/delivery time, the delivery costs, etc.

If acceptable, I will personally buy from you at $700 (inclusive of shipping costs?) to see for myself how custom made is this "custom made" suit.

I have experienced myself "custom-made" suits which are plainly not custom as they make them out to be.

Yeah man.... I asked twice and no proper answers....

So want to share this lobang or wanna make money thru the lobang? .... o_O Whatever it is... should be more specific... I still dunno what the hell are the details...

Originally posted by Reddevil76@Mar 16 2004, 11:52 AM

Since you skeptical, you can dont believe me..

If you want you can do some research on AHRS, its a company that does suits. Since its custom tailor, why do you still ask which sizing they go by?? The suit i've made is using armour from dainese..Yes, has a hump, its a alpinestar repilca

Nomial fee = buy me kopi :smile:

The questions were not specific, soo how i answer. Remember there are 2 choices 700 and 1k++.. Hint the 1K range i said in singapore...

Delivery is abt 3-4weeks..

Easy, who want info, just PM me.. Dont refer to the forum often to see the updates

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by Hariku@Mar 16 2004, 02:04 PM

Since you skeptical, you can dont believe me..

If you want you can do some research on AHRS, its a company that does suits. Since its custom tailor, why do you still ask which sizing they go by?? The suit i've made is using armour from dainese..Yes, has a hump, its a alpinestar repilca

Nomial fee = buy me kopi :smile:

The questions were not specific, soo how i answer. Remember there are 2 choices 700 and 1k++.. Hint the 1K range i said in singapore...

Delivery is abt 3-4weeks..

Easy, who want info, just PM me.. Dont refer to the forum often to see the updates

>

I'm open minded to being convinced. And I'm prepared to pay $700 to do that and see for myself the quality of this suit. Does your $700 include delivery to singapore?

>

I did a word search and went through 20 over pages of results, no such company. Where is it based?? Got a link to share?

Bro, you seems to be an expert in suits. But how come you don't understand my question? Custom tailor is one thing, but the fitting of the suit, the template to develop the cutting varies from jap, euro, german, etc. Depending which market the company address, they tend to follow a certain template.

>

Will the armor have a Dainese logo or it's just claimed?

>

I sell things, I know what's important about suits, so I know exactly what type of info is important to provide. No need to wait till people ask. Ok, anyway, no intention to argue. Let's be specific then.

So since u not into this to earn money, how about sharing the singapore 1K range source. I no need to bother you I go check it out myself.

Originally posted by Reddevil76@Mar 16 2004, 02:29 PM

>

I'm open minded to being convinced. And I'm prepared to pay $700 to do that and see for myself the quality of this suit. Does your $700 include delivery to singapore?

>

I did a word search and went through 20 over pages of results, no such company. Where is it based?? Got a link to share?

Bro, you seems to be an expert in suits. But how come you don't understand my question? Custom tailor is one thing, but the fitting of the suit, the template to develop the cutting varies from jap, euro, german, etc. Depending which market the company address, they tend to follow a certain template.

>

Will the armor have a Dainese logo or it's just claimed?

>

I sell things, I know what's important about suits, so I know exactly what type of info is important to provide. No need to wait till people ask. Ok, anyway, no intention to argue. Let's be specific then.

So since u not into this to earn money, how about sharing the singapore 1K range source. I no need to bother you I go check it out myself.

Link: http://www.ahrs-racing.com

Armour is Dainese, i personally passed to them to insert in my suit. Sizing template used to be following kusutani.. Now not sure as they are starting to use AlpineStar as a guide. Template is as a rouge guide in making suits thats m,l, l/l or 48, 50, 52, etc. Correct me if i'm wrong.. 20+ measurements are taken when my suit was made, including torso, leg length, waist to knee, waist to ankle, neck to neck amongst others.. For an idea, see the RS taichi measuring table..

The 1K range is from biketech21.. There 1, green in color dont know if its still hanging there.. belongs to 1 customer..

Hope this answers your querries :cheeky:

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by Hariku@Mar 16 2004, 02:46 PM

Link: http://www.ahrs-racing.com

Armour is Dainese, i personally passed to them to insert in my suit. Sizing template used to be following kusutani.. Now not sure as they are starting to use AlpineStar as a guide. Template is as a rouge guide in making suits thats m,l, l/l or 48, 50, 52, etc. Correct me if i'm wrong.. 20+ measurements are taken when my suit was made, including torso, leg length, waist to knee, waist to ankle, neck to neck amongst others.. For an idea, see the RS taichi measuring table..

The 1K range is from biketech21.. There 1, green in color dont know if its still hanging there.. belongs to 1 customer..

Hope this answers your querries :cheeky:

Ah ok. I go Biketech very often, so now I know what you're talking about. The sample suit hanging there is blue by the way, not green.

Sizing template is one thing, fitting is different. It determines how the company proportions the suit and the curvature of different body parts. And how they form the different pieces of leather into one suit. Anyway, if u say they follow Alpinestar, then I get the idea.

Also, I wanna state that I'm addressing all these not via PM because you know lah, better than you answer one by one, why not just post here everyone can read. Right? I have no other intentions. If you are agreeable.. then here's my other thoughts.

Now regarding the $700 one:

- So you have to provide your own Dainese armour. If you don't? What would they give you?

- Is this $700 inclusive of delivery (I asked thrice liao leh..)

- I finally found this AHRS on Google. The webpage takes so long to load it keep stalling and retry. So have to trouble you again to provide more info. I see malay words under the link in the search results of Google. Is this company malaysian or indonesian?

- Also, you found this company via internet or friend recommend? Have you personally seen a suit made to measure by them for someone else? Did it fit exactly?

- So how to pay? online or TT? Is this the first time you dealing with them? Pay liao don't arrive how? Arrive liao don't fit how? Got anyway to deal with these events? or we pay only when arrive?

-

Originally posted by Reddevil76@Mar 16 2004, 03:02 PM

Now regarding the $700 one:

- So you have to provide your own Dainese armour. If you don't? What would they give you?

- Is this $700 inclusive of delivery (I asked thrice liao leh..)

- I finally found this AHRS on Google. The webpage takes so long to load it keep stalling and retry. So have to trouble you again to provide more info. I see malay words under the link in the search results of Google. Is this company malaysian or indonesian?

- Also, you found this company via internet or friend recommend? Have you personally seen a suit made to measure by them for someone else? Did it fit exactly?

- So how to pay? online or TT? Is this the first time you dealing with them? Pay liao don't arrive how? Arrive liao don't fit how? Got anyway to deal with these events? or we pay only when arrive?

-

1)Doesnt include freight

2)Indonesian company

3)Yes, i'm seen the suit, 2 of my friends are using them. Pretty good fit, as long as you dont get too fat around the waist or too bulky from weight training..

4)Normal price is $700, with their armours, sewn in so i have no idea what type. How much discount using my own, i have no idea as i didnt ask for break down. Did 3 suits total for my friends and i. Why i use my own armour is i get to choose and theirs are not spongy like Dainese.

5)If fit not good can alter, but make sure you give them the right measurements in the first place. Pls get someone who knows how and where to measure...

6)Payment by cash if you are in town, or bank transfer.

7)My friend's boss has direct dealing with them, so i have no worries..

Personally, i rather have kusutani custom suits or a ready made alpinestar. The former's too expensive and the second dont really "fit like a glove

Okie?? :thumb:

Originally posted by jungleboy111@Mar 16 2004, 03:33 PM

Thats cool!

Can you post some pictures of your suit?

Will post when it's here in 3-4 weeks time.. Sigh.. Now have to go mend my torn and old suit..

Anyone know where in singapore i can alter suits..(have a nankai thats too long). Wanna alter the length.. :help:

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by Hariku@Mar 16 2004, 03:26 PM

1)Doesnt include freight

2)Indonesian company

3)Yes, i'm seen the suit, 2 of my friends are using them. Pretty good fit, as long as you dont get too fat around the waist or too bulky from weight training..

4)Normal price is $700, with their armours, sewn in so i have no idea what type. How much discount using my own, i have no idea as i didnt ask for break down. Did 3 suits total for my friends and i. Why i use my own armour is i get to choose and theirs are not spongy like Dainese.

5)If fit not good can alter, but make sure you give them the right measurements in the first place. Pls get someone who knows how and where to measure...

6)Payment by cash if you are in town, or bank transfer.

7)My friend's boss has direct dealing with them, so i have no worries..

Personally, i rather have kusutani custom suits or a ready made alpinestar. The former's too expensive and the second dont really "fit like a glove

Okie?? :thumb:

Great job man. So much clearer now.

So I assume plus freight everything should come up to 800++. If they use DHL, it will be more expensive.

But if they use air cargo, though cheaper, end up may be more because have to get a agent to clear customs and prepare paperwork and transport. Not forgetting GST payable at customs too. as such, air cargo is not so viable for small quantities.

So what the actual cost total you will incur plus everything?

Regarding your friend's boss, if its us who is buying, if any problems will he be willing to help us also?

Custom made suits are great for odd shape people, but for most, ready made will fit good enough.

For Indonesian made suits, I'm not so familiar as Indonesia does not seem to be a big player in this market. The bigger Euro companies don't get their supplies from there. Partly because they are also not well known for being a producer of raw leather.

I have only seen Indonesian made suits once. At Ideal Motor when they were at they are at their old address. There was this whole row of suits there, collect alot of dust. Apparently no one wanted. I walked closer to see the stitching and material and I could understand why it's stuck there. The leather is as thin as those cheapo Nankai ones at LAB, and the stitching is single stitching like for normal clothes. Not doubled over and stitched as per industry minimum standards. Then I ask the lady boss and she said it's from Indonesia.

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by Hariku@Mar 16 2004, 03:35 PM

Will post when it's here in 3-4 weeks time.. Sigh.. Now have to go mend my torn and old suit..

Anyone know where in singapore i can alter suits..(have a nankai thats too long). Wanna alter the length.. :help:

I'll be one of those eagerly awaiting a picture of this suit too :goodluck:

As for alteration, you can try Leather Arcade at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.

Originally posted by Reddevil76@Mar 16 2004, 03:56 PM

I'll be one of those eagerly awaiting a picture of this suit too :goodluck:

As for alteration, you can try Leather Arcade at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.

Thanks for the address.

Well, basically i will send the measurements there by fax and collect the suits personally. Now you know why the i need the kopi.. :smile:

Well, the workmanship's getting better. Double stitched now, crash tested too. My friend high sided.

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by Hariku@Mar 16 2004, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the address.

Well, basically i will send the measurements there by fax and collect the suits personally. Now you know why the i need the kopi.. :smile:

Well, the workmanship's getting better. Double stitched now, crash tested too. My friend high sided.

welcome dude. Just let us know how much you incur in total plus shipping, custom clearance and GST when you finally get your suit.

Happy riding!

hi, would like to know, which is better??

1 piece suit and 2 piece suit??

Anyone to give the pros and cons?

Thanks

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/2652402314_eb7483892a_o.jpg

Guest ZZR-Pilot
Originally posted by eyz@Mar 19 2004, 09:35 PM

hi, would like to know, which is better??

1 piece suit and 2 piece suit??

Anyone to give the pros and cons?

Thanks

1-pc suit:

- Better crash protection because there's no waist zip to split.

- Usually cheaper.

- You can't wear it on your Friday nite outing.

2-pc suit

- Usually more expensive.

- More versatile. Top half comes in handy for non-track riding.

- The waist is a weak spot if you decide to go sliding on your belly.