SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Racing Suits

seal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those who want to get chaep but relatively good 1 piece suit can try the AGV Laser series. price is less than S$650.

cheers

Where an find it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

:thumb: :thumb:

To the rest of all the forumers, THIS is the way to end a conflict.

Conflict began due to misunderstanding.

Misunderstanding resolved. All understand liau.

Now, conflict over.

Well done lah Throttle and Reddevil.

Example for other forumers, especially those who have conflicts forever and ever....

hahahaha

:clapping: :clapping:

Guest ZZR-Pilot
Originally posted by Reddevil76@Mar 16 2004, 03:47 PM

I have only seen Indonesian made suits once. At Ideal Motor when they were at they are at their old address. There was this whole row of suits there, collect alot of dust. Apparently no one wanted. I walked closer to see the stitching and material and I could understand why it's stuck there. The leather is as thin as those cheapo Nankai ones at LAB, and the stitching is single stitching like for normal clothes. Not doubled over and stitched as per industry minimum standards. Then I ask the lady boss and she said it's from Indonesia.

I've seen someone wear one too. It looked suspiciously like PVC (or similar) to me.

The brand was AHRS, if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by ZZR-Pilot@Mar 23 2004, 08:04 PM

I've seen someone wear one too. It looked suspiciously like PVC (or similar) to me.

Yup, Its AHRS. Definately not PVC la.. Hmm.. chances are the ppl you saw wearing them are my friends :smile:

The suit you saw was yellow and black in colour? :confused:

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by ZZR-Pilot@Mar 23 2004, 08:04 PM

No bro, they ain't PVC. They are indeed leather. Just so paper-thin that they look like PVC.

Originally posted by Throttle@Mar 21 2004, 12:41 AM

zzr pilot, actually 1 piece suits are generally more expensive...

at least in singapore it is

hmm..

then why 2pc is sold more ex at JR?

are you comparing same model with smae model?

if you are comparing diff models then of course diff

lets say the sme model for a particularly brand comes in 1 pc or 2 pc version , then the 1 piece ver is more ex usually.

of course diff brands may have diff pricing strategies, but we are generalizing for discussion purposes.

chers

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

I have try the full glove at Chiap lee personally and find the fit and feel is good. the armour is also very sufficient. I wear it and clench my hand lightly for about 5 minutes and its ok, no numbness and nothing uncomfortable. I think the model is RS-2 if i never remember wrongly. They come in Black, Blue and red colours.

:cheers:

http://www.mnbvc.com/new/face/096.gifhttp://dplayer.xaonline.com/gif/016.gifhttp://dplayer.xaonline.com/gif/041.gifhttp://dplayer.xaonline.com/gif/008.gif

Life is full of ups and down, I call it roller coaster ride.

When you are going up, you will have all the anticipation of fun and trill and get to see all the nice scenery. But when you sense that it is going down, you will wish it would stay there forever but the thruth is its not possible.

Before you know it, you are on the way down and only thing one can do is

hold on tight to yourself. If cannot take it let it out by shouting.

The higher you went, the longer the sufferings.

But when you are at the bottom already, you will try to think of those nice moments up there again. But at the same time fear the coming down part.

Some things are, we know it yet we still go and try it.

Till the moment we are off the roller coaster on the platform, some people suffer and puke while some are enjoying the process and laughing to their joy.

• 3 weeks later...

basically, i would like to know some stuff...

i have tried on a Rs taichi jacket and for my build, M size fits me...and it was tight with little space...it was about $300

and then a Taichi carbon full glove at $230, i tried S for that.

izzt true that nowadays the padding within is softer than in te past, case one of the motorworld personal told me that most of the new arival jackets have soft padding so that it is more comfortable for your arms movement.

Are all raing jacket short at the bottom....I am 1.8m but skinny and the jacket that i worn was short but fits me....damn..it looks funny.

Originally posted by Throttle@Mar 27 2004, 03:41 PM

are you comparing same model with smae model?

if you are comparing diff models then of course diff

lets say the sme model for a particularly brand comes in 1 pc or 2 pc version , then the 1 piece ver is more ex usually.

of course diff brands may have diff pricing strategies, but we are generalizing for discussion purposes.

chers

same model..

the new suit made from t-stone model.

the 2pc more ex leh.

Originally posted by immanuel@Apr 15 2004, 07:54 PM

hei.i ask u all hor.where can find cheap racing jacket.i dont 1 the leather 1.buget abt $200.not the long 1 leh.the short 1.

u mean for track one, those one pcs suit?

or just purly riding jacket?

Originally posted by FR3E@Apr 15 2004, 08:05 PM

i 1 those got armour 1.chane used 4 track n tour.but i 1 rhe short 1.i dont 1 the touring 1.where 2 find cheap n gd 1.i dont mind brand.buget $200.

Originally posted by FR3E@Apr 15 2004, 08:05 PM

only the top part.dont need the bottom.or maybe u know where 2 find gd 2nd 1?i dont mind?also buget?hehehe.thks

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by Stuntlover@Apr 15 2004, 10:25 AM

basically, i would like to know some stuff...

i have tried on a Rs taichi jacket and for my build, M size fits me...and it was tight with little space...it was about $300

and then a Taichi carbon full glove at $230, i tried S for that.

izzt true that nowadays the padding within is softer than in te past, case one of the motorworld personal told me that most of the new arival jackets have soft padding so that it is more comfortable for your arms movement.

Are all raing jacket short at the bottom....I am 1.8m but skinny and the jacket that i worn was short but fits me....damn..it looks funny.

If you are tall, why don't you try European brands? Hard armour if well designed, will not restrict your movement more than foam armor.

I was just at Biketech 21 (Dunlop St), they have quite a few new arrivals for jackets and gloves.

Originally posted by immanuel@Apr 15 2004, 10:19 PM

only the top part.dont need the bottom.or maybe u know where 2 find gd 2nd 1?i dont mind?also buget?hehehe.thks

but there is nvr a race and tour jacket combo....unless you take a tour jacket and go track...but it qwill tear easier when you skid...

Originally posted by immanuel@Apr 15 2004, 11:19 PM

its hard to find a good pc at that price.

Daniese riding jacket is not bad..

leather. but the price is way over ya budget.

maybe u can try other. try to look out for those CE approved one. which had a better material to withstand abrassion.

Originally posted by Reddevil76@Apr 15 2004, 10:25 PM

If you are tall, why don't you try European brands? Hard armour if well designed, will not restrict your movement more than foam armor.

I was just at Biketech 21 (Dunlop St), they have quite a few new arrivals for jackets and gloves.

alrite...i will go check it out...thanks!

just bought a alpinestars 2 piece GPU suit from regina. find it to be much more comfortable and lighter than another brand ive tried (texsport).

i got it for 1.5k. did i get a good deal, comparing quality,model, other brands like dainese, pricing. etc?

Current rides: Ducati 999 and X9 500 SL