SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Small bike on PG

rhema83

Is riding a small bike (eg. 125cc, 150cc) on PG track very "ridiculous" and makes you a &q  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Is riding a small bike (eg. 125cc, 150cc) on PG track very "ridiculous" and makes you a &q

• YES, you racer-wannabe! Go get yourself a 600cc first!
    • NO, nothing wrong what...
    • I DON'T KNOW, what is track?

See (and hear) so many comments from some forumers and friends that riding my small small sport bike (NSR150SP nia...) to PG is "ridiculous". One a-hole even branded all 150cc riders who do up their bike, be it track or not, to be "chow ah-beng" "racer-wannabe" "dreaming".

So what's the general public opinion on this??

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard got ppl go to PG with super 4...i mean ur bike doesnt have to be very fast, i think it's bout how u corner n stuff...mabbe can qie4 the big bikes? no idea..but last tiem for a while i was thinking of going pg with RXK.. :D

haha!

From the ice cream man bike aka my little black lamb RX100..to All Blacks Bandit 400, to the legendary 1285 bandit;)

NUS Students' Motorcycling Interest Group "NUSRiders" Forum

[email protected]

Nuthing wrong with riding a small bike on PG or infact any racing track.Even current Moto GP champion Rossi started riding a small bike which is 125cc.Those malaysian grand prix race on "kup kias"So i don see anything wrong with that.Riding small bike doesn't make someone look inferior to those big bikes.Its the skills and how u handle ur particular bike that counts. :thumb: :smile:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/waklabib/esso.jpg

I just broke my record for JB-KL timing

Originally posted by jkaiser@Jan 23 2004, 10:26 AM

heard got ppl go to PG with super 4...i mean ur bike doesnt have to be very fast, i think it's bout how u corner n stuff...mabbe can qie4 the big bikes? no idea..but last tiem for a while i was thinking of going pg with RXK.. :D

haha!

So.....when u going to bring ur RxK down to PG for a spin:smile: :smile: Me always bring my S4 down.....knw one ang mo on a S4 and his fastest timing is ard 2min on his ver S :giddy: :giddy:

In fact PG's track curvatures suit's the smaller cc's better whilst it's more sweeter to ride larger cc bikes on Sepang.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken: The crownless again shall be king.

Guest ZenderBoy

For ya info, The record holder for PG is held by a SMALL BIKE 125cc Nova Dash who beat BIG bikes like R6 and so on!!! :mad: :cheer:

For those Amatures that said such comments, PG track is suitable for smaller bikes and in fact smaller bikes can actually beat big bikes there due to the curvature where small bikes are more Flexible..

Ever seen a NSR 150SP BEAT a CBR600 when It comes to the Corner?? The SP is Poking the CBR600 thru out the corners and than finally overtook the CBR600 from the inside!!!

Who says Small bikes cannot go track?? PPle who give these comments are riders who haven't seen Big Snake Peeing!! :mad:

Whoa, very heated comments here... How I wish those a**holes will come and see this. Hahaha.

Personally I think it's nothing wrong as long as you have the safety gear in place. PG is so much safer (and of course more fun) to ride on than South Buona Vista Road or Old Upper Thomson Road! If I see my friend act "racer-wannabe" and very "tua kang" then I'll jio him to track loh.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

Originally posted by ZenderBoy@Jan 23 2004, 01:32 PM

For ya info, The record holder for PG is held by a SMALL BIKE 125cc Nova Dash who beat BIG bikes like R6 and so on!!! :mad: :cheer:

For those Amatures that said such comments, PG track is suitable for smaller bikes and in fact smaller bikes can actually beat big bikes there due to the curvature where small bikes are more Flexible..

Ever seen a NSR 150SP BEAT a CBR600 when It comes to the Corner?? The SP is Poking the CBR600 thru out the corners and than finally overtook the CBR600 from the inside!!!

Who says Small bikes cannot go track?? PPle who give these comments are riders who haven't seen Big Snake Peeing!! :mad:

Thought the PG record is held by Mick Doohan?? 1m28sec?? something like that??

Anyway PG is more suitable for small bike while Sepang for big bike.

Originally posted by jkaiser@Jan 23 2004, 10:26 AM

haha!

cool thought...

last time i was thinking of riding my phantom down 2 PG to bua ka tar~

but damn pai seh~

wahahaha...

scared go there let people laff til their teeth drop~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/stylomilo/Tail.jpg

YES SiR!

PG is narrower and have much less road to blast the bike.

but it's still fun for both big and small bikes.

as long as we all be a little bit more understanding while on the track

it's the closest public track to Singapore, so let us all enjoy it together.

save your energy to clutch in, kick gears, ease brakes, open throttle and finish your session safe and sound and happy.

That is most important.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Originally posted by Hellangel@Jan 23 2004, 11:34 AM

So.....when u going to bring ur RxK down to PG for a spin:smile: :smile: Me always bring my S4 down.....knw one ang mo on a S4 and his fastest timing is ard 2min on his ver S :giddy: :giddy:

haha my rxk older than me lor...AU plate...gonna scrape it come end apr...super 4 here i come..hopefully!

From the ice cream man bike aka my little black lamb RX100..to All Blacks Bandit 400, to the legendary 1285 bandit;)

[email protected]

actually my first tots was to get a kup kia (y125z) for PG..den dunno how i got a TZM..i already feel like a the TZM is too much for me cos i can't push it dat far..have yet to go for a track day cos my bike is still not it done up(carb and suspension)...my view is..u can prob rip the PG circuit wif a 15year old RXZ..but if u dun have skills..all the fast bike are useless...my mech who's a riding instructor at PG told me dat u can use any bike for a start to learn how to ride track..after u have mastered the basic skills den u can prob invest on a better ride...even tho my TZM is not race breed..i still feel dat it's still too good for me cos i suck..so my conclusion abt the topic is-start small den go big

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Originally posted by Dokz@Jan 23 2004, 12:39 PM

In fact PG's track curvatures suit's the smaller cc's better whilst it's more sweeter to ride larger cc bikes on Sepang.

sepang..see the formula 1 cars cheong the 2 straights on either side of the main stand...sweet!:cheer:

[email protected]

Guest ZenderBoy
Originally posted by VTECR1@Jan 23 2004, 04:03 PM

Thought the PG record is held by Mick Doohan?? 1m28sec?? something like that??

Anyway PG is more suitable for small bike while Sepang for big bike.

that's a UnOfficial record.. :cheeky:

Dajiro Katoh did 1.24 min on his test run..

If I not wrong the official record is still being held by this thailand guy riding a Nova Dash 1.32+ I think.. Correct me If I wrong.. Second is a R6.. :sian:

i've been thinking of taking my runner to track when its fully done up

and i'm glad tat majority of my frens supported me.

but still a bit paiseh... :lol:

:btw: has anyone saw a scoot @ PG b4?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Guest ZenderBoy
Originally posted by ah tiang@Jan 24 2004, 04:12 AM

i've been thinking of taking my runner to track when its fully done up

and i'm glad tat majority of my frens supported me.

but still a bit paiseh... :lol:

:btw: has anyone saw a scoot @ PG b4?

It's not the bike.... :sian:

It's the rider just going track to have FUN!! :cheer:

Who cares what bike ya ride on PG.. Every one is there to have fun cos we are not Proffesional Racers... :cheeky:

Just go down with the right mindset and proper gears and enjoy! :cheer:

You come back smiling non stop for a week and crave for more... :cheeky:

Just Go.. :thumb:

Originally posted by ZenderBoy@Jan 24 2004, 04:18 AM

It's not the bike.... :sian:

It's the rider just going track to have FUN!! :cheer:

Who cares what bike ya ride on PG.. Every one is there to have fun cos we are not Proffesional Racers... :cheeky:

Just go down with the right mindset and proper gears and enjoy! :cheer:

You come back smiling non stop for a week and crave for more... :cheeky:

Just Go.. :thumb:

wen i have the proper equipment, i will definitely go to PG

a bit regret not bringing my NSR there... :weep:

thanks, zender! :thumb:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Guest ZenderBoy
Originally posted by ah tiang@Jan 24 2004, 04:19 AM

wen i have the proper equipment, i will definitely go to PG

a bit regret not bringing my NSR there... :weep:

thanks, zender! :thumb:

Well it's not too late to still enjoy track.. :cheer:

Ya can do it now on ya runner.... :thumb:

Just went to pg last sat and its actually damn fun! Dont care about what others say and think if you enjoy doing it then carry on by all means. I myself am riding a 125cc bike and thanks to Indralove and those who went there and give me good advice and tips. They ride big bike but they give me morale support and great riding tips for the track> When I crashed at the last corner they are the one who help me up! Not everybody who rides a big bike will thnk little of you only the real wannabes will think that way. They too have to start riding on a small bike so whats the diff? They are just jealous cause they start going for trackday slower than you and they are jealous of you! Anyway now im asking them to take me along again this coming sat.