SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Small bike on PG

rhema83

Is riding a small bike (eg. 125cc, 150cc) on PG track very "ridiculous" and makes you a &q  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Is riding a small bike (eg. 125cc, 150cc) on PG track very "ridiculous" and makes you a &q

• YES, you racer-wannabe! Go get yourself a 600cc first!
    • NO, nothing wrong what...
    • I DON'T KNOW, what is track?

Originally posted by No_regret@Feb 6 2004, 02:27 PM

Transport bike dont so fierce la. Get a class 2, and give it 2 days i think u forget wat is phobia liao. Must conquer ur phobia, challenge urself. Of course also do it wisely.

How i wish i can afford to play too. With my financial status, any problem to my bike means BMW liao.

no money... no luck in toto.

anyway litre bikes are too easy to get into silly speeds that i will not be able to handle, i'll try to avoid this class at the moment...

400-600cc should be good enough.

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ZZR-Pilot
Originally posted by tealeaf@Feb 6 2004, 08:10 PM

i crashed 7 times last yr, and thats not my first year of riding. :weep:

Wah... trying to break record ah..?

i wont know how fast i go becoz no speedometer cable~ :giddy: juzz dun be over confident at track on even on roads~!

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Originally posted by tealeaf@Feb 5 2004, 08:55 PM

i crashed 2 more times after i changed to a transport bike.

you should look at the condition of my current tyres, 1 inch wanking strips!!! got totally no confidence to ride liao...

in the past whenever its time to go somewhere, i would rub my palms in anticipation, lick my lips with glee and maybe put a bowl below my mouth to collect my drooling saliva(u get what i mean). Feel so happy going to work(the journey there of cos).

now its like: sigh, totally sian got to go work. feel like taking taxi :p ride halfway my mind would auto conjure up images of me crashing...weekends used to be aways be Me & my Bike at some eatery along nshw, now weekends would always be Me & my Taxi driver to the movies. :help:

u loved bikes man. never let that love die! mabbe watching torque can put it back in you again! :smile:

Originally posted by joekia@Feb 7 2004, 03:11 PM

Aren't u already over confident riding a bike wifout a license???

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

I miss you baby:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/thekaizer/automotive/18317145062605l.jpg

*Disclaimer: Kaizer is an imaginary character and all posts are based on fiction.

Originally posted by tealeaf@Feb 6 2004, 08:10 PM

i crashed 7 times last yr, and thats not my first year of riding. :weep:

so sad to hear that..

so what ur most serious case..

care to share so other can be more phobia and ride safely..

take care:thumb:

Originally posted by a@Feb 7 2004, 11:12 PM

so sad to hear that..

so what ur most serious case..

care to share so other can be more phobia and ride safely..

take care:thumb:

most serious? bike or me? im quite lucky actually although i crashed many times my injuries were minimal. Not so for my bike though :p

most injury to the the bike was near the left handed turn 3 @ pg. heavy Braked from 180 and front wheel locked. Rear lifted & we flipped. Almost totalled the bike,but i only sprained my thigh. After thinking thru,main cause would probably be not closing abit of throttle @ turn 2 and continued full bored and drifted off line appraoching turn 3 and ended up having to heavy brake and overcooked the front.

most injury to me was turn 1, gear misengaged & freewheel so i braked drifted offline and i hit gravel at an odd angle,speed probably 40km/hr, bike dumped me off like a mini-highside & bike landed on my foot. Injury to bike minimal, $350 in repairs but i fractured my toe(out for 2 months).

the rest are all abrasions which are only skin deep during wet weather skids on normal roads which i would have gotten away with nil injuries if wearing a riding jacket.

and we'r going off topic :p

who says small bikes cant go pg? a buyer who bought some spares from me has a timing of 1.46 on an rs125.

Originally posted by ter0618@Feb 8 2004, 07:27 PM

wat bike u riding?

thought of going PG but no proper gear n dono the way there?

You need minimum full face helmet, armored jacket, thick jeans, gloves and boots. Any sport bike will do. Also there are some race-tuned RXZ and cub-kias there and they can smoke many big bikes.

The way there is quite easy. One day follow us go lah. For me, I usually go on Sat morning. Sun morning is very crowded and quite scary for small bikes like mine.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

so all injuries that u come too not that bad what..

why give up and have phobia over them..

bike if damage never mind..coz we as bikers love our life more then our bike..

worst come to it scrap loh.:faint: hehehe..

i not saying i'm not phobia after so little fall..

i had saw my friend pass away during riding..and coma for a week after he passed away not so peacefully..head injuries..brain dead and off he goes..(may god bless him)

after seeing all this really make me feel sad and phobia..

but that life..when it time to go u can't avoid..even if ur sitting at the bus stop waiting for bus will also be knock by bus...

so carry on do what we feel like doing now..and enjoy when we're still young..

i had never step into PG for a long time..

since the last is

6 years back....

but occasionally still do a bit off street racing around singpore with few of friends.

(i know it dangerous compare to riding in track.)

but what to do after i had my kid and bit lack of cash for uncertain thing that i had to spend...

:thumb: :thumb:

the worst accident i had is had my rib cage fracture and my lung compress(internal breeding)..and was warded for nearly 2weeks in hospital..and my bike scrap.out off repair term

but now i'm back to my ownself and tend to be more carefully whenever i negotiate a corners.

cheeers:thumb:

Originally posted by a@Feb 8 2004, 10:01 PM

so all injuries that u come too not that bad what..

why give up and have phobia over them..

bike if damage never mind..coz we as bikers love our life more then our bike..

worst come to it scrap loh.:faint: hehehe..

i not saying i'm not phobia after so little fall..

i had saw my friend pass away during riding..and coma for a week after he passed away not so peacefully..head injuries..brain dead and off he goes..(may god bless him)

after seeing all this really make me feel sad and phobia..

but that life..when it time to go u can't avoid..even if ur sitting at the bus stop waiting for bus will also be knock by bus...

so carry on do what we feel like doing now..and enjoy when we're still young..

i had never step into PG for a long time..

since the last is

6 years back....

but occasionally still do a bit off street racing around singpore with few of friends.

(i know it dangerous compare to riding in track.)

but what to do after i had my kid and bit lack of cash for uncertain thing that i had to spend...

:thumb: :thumb:

the worst accident i had is had my rib cage fracture and my lung compress(internal breeding)..and was warded for nearly 2weeks in hospital..and my bike scrap.out off repair term

but now i'm back to my ownself and tend to be more carefully whenever i negotiate a corners.

cheeers:thumb:

The "lao-jiao" speaketh... :sweat:

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

Originally posted by rhema83@Feb 8 2004, 10:11 PM

The "lao-jiao" speaketh... :sweat:

no lah..:bounce:

i'm not one..

still trying to be young....

learning thru all riders here too..

doesn't matter p plate or old bird..all people had their own good tips and knowlege

for all to share.:thumb: :thumb:

cheeers

ride well and enjoy the passion of bike..

(i make it a term that i will not do anything about bikes during sunday and public holiday..)not like when single everyday bike bike bike,..untill siow..people always see me with my bike either at void deck or moto tiam.:thumb: :thumb:

wondering how fast for a corner if the timing is 1.28 by mick doohan ? tats amazing... wads yr average cornering speed (mim n max) on track, care to share guys ?never been there b4 but interested !

'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

http://content.wicms.com/shared/images/YAMAHA_Common_Images/Logos/yamaha_logo_red.gif

Originally posted by joekia@Feb 7 2004, 03:11 PM

Aren't u already over confident riding a bike wifout a license???

dun dare go out at night~ :cry: not riding the bike any more liaoz~ :cry:

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

slow in fast out for cornering is really the way to go . i know it's cliche but it's really true. at PG where turns are tighter and str8s are not that long, a bike with a solid pick up will certainly beat one with a top high speed either in and out of bends or blasting the straight. also i believe smoothness is the key. notice how the top riders go ever so smoothly. doesnt look fast right ?? but the timing tells...

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Out in out, slow in fast out, fast in never come out~

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

Originally posted by tealeaf@Feb 8 2004, 03:33 PM

most serious? bike or me? im quite lucky actually although i crashed many times my injuries were minimal. Not so for my bike though :p

most injury to the the bike was near the left handed turn 3 @ pg. heavy Braked from 180 and front wheel locked. Rear lifted & we flipped. Almost totalled the bike,but i only sprained my thigh. After thinking thru,main cause would probably be not closing abit of throttle @ turn 2 and continued full bored and drifted off line appraoching turn 3 and ended up having to heavy brake and overcooked the front.

most injury to me was turn 1, gear misengaged & freewheel so i braked drifted offline and i hit gravel at an odd angle,speed probably 40km/hr, bike dumped me off like a mini-highside & bike landed on my foot. Injury to bike minimal, $350 in repairs but i fractured my toe(out for 2 months).

the rest are all abrasions which are only skin deep during wet weather skids on normal roads which i would have gotten away with nil injuries if wearing a riding jacket.

and we'r going off topic :p

who says small bikes cant go pg? a buyer who bought some spares from me has a timing of 1.46 on an rs125.

1:46 on a RS125?????? U talkin Honda or Aprillia?? If he's tat fast, he could well be the fastest guy on a RS125(I mean Aprillia in this case) in SG man..

I juz passed my 2B 2 weeks ago...

Originally posted by slowcoach@Feb 10 2004, 04:34 AM

1:46 on a RS125?????? U talkin Honda or Aprillia?? If he's tat fast, he could well be the fastest guy on a RS125(I mean Aprillia in this case) in SG man..

aprilia rs125. why not?

On pg, with lack of long straights, small bikes are very suited for that track. i cant really comment much on this since i dunt do races nor take notice on their lap times.

but although i've only briefly met that guys for 2 times only, he doesnt seem the type who would talk big. & i believe 1.46 is considered slow to racers(have to check with tsp racing regarding this statement since he did state before qualifying time is around or lesser then that)

Aprillia RS 125????!!! Ha... As fas as i know, the fastest guy on the Aprillia RS125 was a 1:42. And I dun consider tat a 'RS125' cos I know wat mod did the bike do... Theirs can't be considered as a Aprillia RS125 anymore, coz their bike was illegally modified..

As for the other 'true' RS125, their laptimes are abt 1:46- 1:45... ha. Go ask around if u doubt me.. Wing yap can ans u tat.. And their 'so-called true RS125' also had tons of illegal mods done to them.. i shall not elaborate, cos they'll be fined if discovered...

So in conclusion, i dun doubt him clockin 1:46, unless he's a racer, with a team (with tons of illegal mods done). If u had ridden a stock or near-stock 125 around a track, u'll know how diff to clock tat kinda of blazin timing.. Literally blazin'..

Cheers!

slowcoach, sorry to be off topic, but ur log card shows passenger cap. zero right?

wah rs125 so fast~

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

Originally posted by StingRhea@Feb 10 2004, 09:53 PM

slowcoach, sorry to be off topic, but ur log card shows passenger cap. zero right?

wah rs125 so fast~

wat talkin' u??????? wat log card?? Im no longer riding SDR. If tats wat u meant.. Btw, SDR's say '0'.

Only those tat r illegally mod.. not any tom-###### or Harry Rs125.. So no worries.. 90% of the RS are stil not quite as good as a mito..

cheers

i managed to find sdr200's manual. :cheer:

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]