SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Subaru Impreza 5D 1.5R

hit.man

It's not advisable to mess around with the ECU now especially when the car is still so new.

Few years back, there was a batch of N.A. subaru cars, affecting both the Imprezas and Foresters with a under-performing ECU mapping. At slow speed, the car will stop accelerating momentarily even you gassed it, afterwhich it will surge forward. M.I. was in denial of the problem but subsequently a new ECU mapping was re-programmed as the cars returned for routine servicing. Those who couldn't wait, spent unnecessary money to re-tune, add piggyback ..etc.

Damn... that really sounds like my car.. sometime floor the acceleration already also move very slowly, then will suddenly surge forward. But then this is already the 2nd year for my model.. any problems should have been resolved?

Anyway, can anyone here give me a brief lesson on the type of exhaust for cars... eg what can we change? For example, for bikes, I know we can either change the end can for better sound but not much increase in BHP or change to full system for better BHP and need to tune.

For car exhaust is it the same concept? Like mufflers and full system?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For car exhaust is it the same concept? Like mufflers and full system?

Technically they work the same way but for model cars it is more complex because of the catalytic converters.

The most effective way to regain some power is to either get a high flow cat or remove the cat. One is expensive but legal, the other is cheap but harms the environment. Your call :)

Go to the M.I. at TP, they have a very nice muffler for your car. :p

Technically they work the same way but for model cars it is more complex because of the catalytic converters.

The most effective way to regain some power is to either get a high flow cat or remove the cat. One is expensive but legal, the other is cheap but harms the environment. Your call :)

Go to the M.I. at TP, they have a very nice muffler for your car. :p

TP? You mean Toa Payoh? They got aftermarket muffler meh? I collected my car there, didn't see anything that catches my eyes leh...

TP? You mean Toa Payoh? They got aftermarket muffler meh? I collected my car there, didn't see anything that catches my eyes leh...

Don't go to the showroom. Go to the cashier where owners pay for their servicing. Looking at the cashiers, the muffler is right behind you, price about SGD1,600.

:)

hmm i think u mind abt ur low end alot...

lets see " will exos and drop-in improve" = yes abit...

de-meow exos on auto = abit

lighten ur car by removing junks, not stage 2/3 pls = abit

not fetching anyone = ALOT! :lol:

ok la jokes aside, tuning will still be best if it's done on a relatively new vehicle after run in as compared to 2-3 yr old car with lets say 50k above mileage. mainly is becoz the car parts are all NEW! so lesser worries on after tuning side effects as compared to the older cars where some are replaced with new, while some is still old etc etc... tuner will also feel safer working with a new car or a car where they know the condition well enuff to do a full tuning limit on the vehicle.

And for now ur list is short... it will be good to last u for 1yr or maybe abit more then u will start damaging ur wallet again :lol:

But if u intend to tune, dun need the pivot thing la imho.. tell the tuner u wan ur fc and some improvement on the low end and from there u work out with him. But always remind urself abt the purpose of the vehicle, so u wun end up losing a big hole when u selling off.

Edited by MinistryofAlex
:cool:

Hi guys, saw the exos specially built for Subaru 1.5R AT. It's called Syms & it's semi flow. Like the earlier post, AT cars need the back pressure to run smoothly unlike MT cars. I was wondering & if anyone has any clues on what improvement does a semi flow exos like Syms would provide? I'm driving a Subaru 1.5R AT & I have to agree the pick up is really sluggish.

But I've recently went to kl and tried the car at speeds of 160-170km/h. I can say the car is incredibly stable like as if I was driving a continental car. Even a Japanese 2.0 car that I drove is not as good as Subaru 1.5R handling. So rest assured that handling and safety for this particular car is above average of most jap cars.

Back to the topic of Syms exos, can anyone with the expertise on exos give a clue on what improvement would I gain if I were to install it. I'm in a dillema on choosing between Tanabe(a straight thru exos) versus Syms(a semi flow exos). While many have said that Tanabe will make me lose on low end, they also say that Syms won't make lose low end. But the question is, what improvement can Syms give?

Some even suggested that I change to Tanabe and also change to CAI to compensate the low end. Do you think this will work?

So now it's whether I should get Syms( which I have no idea what improvement it'll give) or get Tanabe exos with CAI to compensate low end. I hope you guys can help me diffuse this dillema and giveme a rough idea on what is what.

Please do reply, I'll appreciate any comments/feedback/suggestions.

Thank you

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/msdollylolly2/avatar.jpg

Bike history:

Gilera FXR

X9 Evo

Gilera VXR

Honda NX400

FZ6

FJR 1300

are you still an addict?

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

Hi guys, saw the exos specially built for Subaru 1.5R AT. It's called Syms & it's semi flow. Like the earlier post, AT cars need the back pressure to run smoothly unlike MT cars. I was wondering & if anyone has any clues on what improvement does a semi flow exos like Syms would provide? I'm driving a Subaru 1.5R AT & I have to agree the pick up is really sluggish.

But I've recently went to kl and tried the car at speeds of 160-170km/h. I can say the car is incredibly stable like as if I was driving a continental car. Even a Japanese 2.0 car that I drove is not as good as Subaru 1.5R handling. So rest assured that handling and safety for this particular car is above average of most jap cars.

Back to the topic of Syms exos, can anyone with the expertise on exos give a clue on what improvement would I gain if I were to install it. I'm in a dillema on choosing between Tanabe(a straight thru exos) versus Syms(a semi flow exos). While many have said that Tanabe will make me lose on low end, they also say that Syms won't make lose low end. But the question is, what improvement can Syms give?

Some even suggested that I change to Tanabe and also change to CAI to compensate the low end. Do you think this will work?

So now it's whether I should get Syms( which I have no idea what improvement it'll give) or get Tanabe exos with CAI to compensate low end. I hope you guys can help me diffuse this dillema and giveme a rough idea on what is what.

Please do reply, I'll appreciate any comments/feedback/suggestions.

Thank you

CAI will not compensate in ur case.... that exos need to match with upgrading some of the fuel system parts.

ur fc will definately be gone case..

Full straight

rex injectors

rex pump

drop-in filter

remove spare tire and junk at ur boot

tune it leaner

lightweight rims

these shld can feel some difference before u start to tear away ur all ur water tanks engine.

CAI will not compensate in ur case.... that exos need to match with upgrading some of the fuel system parts.

ur fc will definately be gone case..

Full straight

rex injectors

rex pump

drop-in filter

remove spare tire and junk at ur boot

tune it leaner

lightweight rims

these shld can feel some difference before u start to tear away ur all ur water tanks engine.

If you start having all these mods, not only your FC is gone case, engine reliability also gone case.

Even with all the money in the world, the performance improvement is still limited simply because the engine is only 1.5litre. As the saying goes "there is no replacement for displacement"

If you want a fast car, start with a fast car.

If you start having all these mods, not only your FC is gone case, engine reliability also gone case.

Even with all the money in the world, the performance improvement is still limited simply because the engine is only 1.5litre. As the saying goes "there is no replacement for displacement"

u so fast pua kangtao :cheeky:

I have to agree with you. 1.5 litre car can't give much thought when it comes to performance. Best is to enjoy the ride and exploit whatever ability the car has to our advantage.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Bike history:

Gilera FXR

X9 Evo

Gilera VXR

Honda NX400

FZ6

FJR 1300

Humans can be stubborn when all has been said about the limits of a car. They would still go install exos, de-meow, CAI... And I fall into that category of humans. Hehehehe....:angel:

Bike history:

Gilera FXR

X9 Evo

Gilera VXR

Honda NX400

FZ6

FJR 1300

Me too. Sometimes, its about doing all these things to the car that makes it fun! :)

well u are caught self poisoning urself haha...... lai lai look for Johnny to Zhng ur car....

:cheeky:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/DSC00090-1.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/WESTSPEC.jpg

The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You

......................The Visual Cycle..........................

Humans can be stubborn when all has been said about the limits of a car. They would still go install exos, de-meow, CAI... And I fall into that category of humans. Hehehehe....:angel:

to Err is human so in short to avoid all best solution go for e

Bus Mrt Walk 7series = (7 diff taxi co.):cheeky:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/DSC00090-1.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/WESTSPEC.jpg

anyway, Ian, where did you fix the meter gauges in your car? Any recommendation? Went to Silent at Commonwealth... large selection but kinda expensive... any other reliable place? :)

i got it done up at Car Beauty at Eunos Industrial Park such gauge are costy imo but of cos i am using Pro Sport fr Taiwan not Defi which definately cost times more.. well once in a while there are forumers in e scooby forum letting off their used gauges at reasonable price. Back to e qns wht kinda brand n gauges u are lookin at?

My advice if u wan something tht look neat n diff well perhaps u might wan to consider this below:

http://image.nengun.com/catalogue/primary/nengun-0662-00-defi-defi-link_display.jpg *PLACE IT ON THE CENTRE OF UR FRONT DASHBOARD OR ON THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF UR WINDSCREEN NEXT TO UR PILLAR

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/clarke1/digitalvoltmeterce.jpghttp://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/clarke1/legacywithcnevoltmeterredled.jpg

*PLACE IT UNDER THE IU UNIT NICE AND NEAT (CAN GET FR CLARKEWAN)

If u are lookin at Prosport Gauges well u can try out Miracle at Turf City, Fab X at ubi, etc... or if u wan i can help u ask my usual audio shop at balestier if he sell such gauges as i last saw few mths back he got 1 -2 on display. :)

***LASTLY I WILL AVOID THT SHOP U MENTION***