SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2a scrambler or street bike?

Sherbert Lim

Which 2A bike for me?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2A bike for me?

hi guys. im thinking if i shld buy a scrambler or a street bike when i get my 2a license next year. i know it's kinda too early to ask or survey, but since i have time i'd like to take my time to consider and think instead of what i did to my 2b bike. i practically juz found a bike on the net within my budget and bought it the next day. i didn't regret that much though. it appeared that, this type of bike actually suited my riding style. im thinking of getting a drz or a super4. i a person who love to wack throttle, but then again i dont wanna die young. i have realised when on an empty street i went up to 100km often. and singapore street limits for normal streets is 50kmph i think i went kinda overbored. maybe i wont reach that speed on a street bike since pick up wont be that fast and i know the engine wont tahan my wacking. budden again like i said i simply got a fire for racing. and hope to go to tuas circuit to race someday. guys please advice. thanks >

also please poll if u have time. :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tuas track is closing soon btw..

i feel da drz maintenance is cheaper den an s4 as i`ve owned bof bikes b4.. drz no doubt a much more fun ride.. but it`ll be a sore if gotta travel very long dist.. fer me.. i`m pretty used to it alrdy..

fer s4.. travellin long dist is very smooth n comfy.. rode up to kl wif v-tec open all da way.. NICE~..! 160++ also no problem..

end of da day.. its ur choice.. wat u actually look fer in a bike.. ;)

You Ain`t Ridin.. If It Ain`t Slidin..

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/trialsin/siggie3.jpg

tuas track is closing soon btw..

i feel da drz maintenance is cheaper den an s4 as i`ve owned bof bikes b4.. drz no doubt a much more fun ride.. but it`ll be a sore if gotta travel very long dist.. fer me.. i`m pretty used to it alrdy..

fer s4.. travellin long dist is very smooth n comfy.. rode up to kl wif v-tec open all da way.. NICE~..! 160++ also no problem..

end of da day.. its ur choice.. wat u actually look fer in a bike.. ;)

huh? how come tuas track is closing soon?

DRZ for me too.. same feelings as trialsin..

i'll choose DRZ over S4 anytime..

if drz would it be better if i buy a 2nd hand one or a first hand one in terms of better savings. i hear my friend say if u sell a 2nd hand bike u wont lose as much as to selling a first hand bike, but if i buy a 2nd hand bike there are bound to be extra cost pertaining to repairs. so which is better?

there's bound to be some repairs or touch up needed when buying 2nd hand..

it's really up to individual.. there's some 2nd hand DRZs going at reasonable price with accessories..

you might wanna check the prices of new machine and the 2nd hand bikes to consider..

If ur more incline to pick up rather then top, a scramb is probably ur choice . No more worry over humps , while ppl deaccel, u accelerate , see kerb? just go over it -.- . Its jsut that gd in pick up and it probably provide more fun over a street bike.

Past ride~

SP 150

CB 400 ver s

Cbr 600 * Current*

there's bound to be some repairs or touch up needed when buying 2nd hand..

it's really up to individual.. there's some 2nd hand DRZs going at reasonable price with accessories..

you might wanna check the prices of new machine and the 2nd hand bikes to consider..

biting_point - is ur signature pic a dr200se? hmm. where other websites are u aware of apart from sgbikemart.com and singaporebikes.com?

hmm stock drz only 140? i tot 160?

personally i dont see the point of having a bike that can reach 180+ since i dont ride to msia and singapore dont have much place that can allow u to go that high without having the risk of getting caught.

im planning to go motard racing when i get my 2a motard bike.

barefoot - lol xr400? why? what's the diff between xr400 and drz400?

bulletproof i guess. no battery, no coolant to worry about. just do your eo change, and filter, thats about it. proven in dakar too

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/81707958_bc1e6818aa.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/197248942_dbb17b8251.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/54c3gg.gif

biting_point - is ur signature pic a dr200se? hmm. where other websites are u aware of apart from sgbikemart.com and singaporebikes.com?

Mine's a DRZ 400SM btw.. :dozed:

you can see more pics at My Photo Album

you can try the following for more 2nd hand DRZs..

supermoto.sg

slackriders

huh? how come no battery?

cuz it runs on a ractifier, kick start, no elect. start, and does not require you to have a key so start the bike. even better! :)

http://i38.tinypic.com/2610xz6.jpg

T r i u m p h S t r e e t T r i p l e

well.. drz is also pretty reliable.. wif a durable engine.. proven as da 2000 model up till 2010 model.. same engine.. no changes required by da factory..

sum forummers haf used it fer tourin.. motard racing.. transport.. its newer.. abundance of blings to pimp.. n comes wif dat "magic-button" too which xr4 doesn`t haf.. ;) unless u`re talkin abt da new xr4sm.. which imo.. da older xr4 performs much more better stock..

You Ain`t Ridin.. If It Ain`t Slidin..

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/trialsin/siggie3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

and if you want a cheaper, a bit stronger but older motard than a drz, you can consider a wr400. it's a crazy bike by its own self. can just pop easily with a twist of the throttle. but the downside is opposite of a drz, no e-start(can think of it as a bit lighter), can bling but not as easy as a drz(i don't really care much about blings).

just another option for you. wr 400 and drz can be similar in many ways but it really caters to different groups of people. some swore by the quality of yamaha engine while some swore by the reliability of the suzuki engine. for me, i just wanna have fun on a 400cc scrambler without the hassle of a hire purchase.

of those listed i will choose drz4...however...if you include bikes you did not list i will also look at wr250x/r :)

street bike can always just get 2nd hand s4 to pug around it you want...but i think once you use a scram/motard you sure kenna hooked :)

http://simonnunis.smugmug.com/photos/684724736_fuDoa-M-1.jpg

of those listed i will choose drz4...however...if you include bikes you did not list i will also look at wr250x/r :)

street bike can always just get 2nd hand s4 to pug around it you want...but i think once you use a scram/motard you sure kenna hooked :)

oh yeah.. don't forget about the wr250x/r. and if you're hardcore enough, get the f model. i would have bought this bike instead if not for the high price of the wr250f.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a scram and kena hooked, nice power at low revs, etc

then kena unhooked after my scram crashed on nshw as it was unable to handle the speed that i was travelling at...

now enjoying my streetbike n not sure what to do about my scram...

but for city traffic i admit scram is one of the best bikes you can have, fun, nimble, good visibility

but if you intend to go out of singapore, street bike is prob better

Edited by swiftee

boring rider. with a boring bike.

too old to want to appear interesting anymore.