SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

Originally posted by MrLau@Oct 30 2004, 02:09 PM

First was breaST

then tank Bra...

Now wheel nipple .....

wow.... ..... :cheeky:

1 pair is approx $60. 3x $60 = $180, $20 workmanship....

dat is cheap

but i thought the brake pad can DIY n save the 20 bucks liao

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by hsp_89@Oct 30 2004, 03:32 PM

Meaning the fuel indicator will light up once the reserve petrol are going to be used up? roughly abt how many km?

Actually should not call that "RESERVED" fuel.

It is a low fuel warning light, similar to car, what light is on, you should top up petrol.

From the spec, the "low fuel light" on, the tank should have about 5L of petrol.

If you milleage is 20km per L, so, approxiamately still last for 100km.....

Once I was running out of fuel at 70km only (tyres not enough pressure..) :mad:

Yesterday I went to JB to pump..I was ard 545km and pumped in 21L of petrol...issit normal?

So far, my best milleage is 444km to hit "reserve".

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

Originally posted by MrLau@Oct 30 2004, 07:29 PM

Actually should not call that "RESERVED" fuel.

It is a low fuel warning light, similar to car, what light is on, you should top up petrol.

From the spec, the "low fuel light" on, the tank should have about 5L of petrol.

If you milleage is 20km per L, so, approxiamately still last for 100km.....

Once I was running out of fuel at 70km only (tyres not enough pressure..) :mad:

So far, my best milleage is 444km to hit "reserve".

mine....490-415km low fuel....then can last till 450km.. o_O

oh no...perhaps my eyes playing trick on me..hee..anyway I just topped up full tank last night..I will monitor the mileage again...

May I know where to get those blind spot mirrors whereby mount on top of the original mirrors? Like those used in driving centres one...thinking of going to buy tmr....the round type to be pasted on the original mirror itself seems small and covered almost 1/3 of the mirror liao.. :mad:

got mine from a car acc shop after regina....along jalan besar on your right side.Very gd...and useful.Looks kiasu but its practical for me....Sold singly.

Originally posted by Cool79@Oct 30 2004, 12:02 PM

the brake pad so ex????

it's 4 front onli or front n rear????

i thought i pair cost abt 60-80????

i changed 3 pairs... 2 front n 1 rear...

depending on the shop u go to.....

Wot they did was change the pads... n also the brake fluid for me.... mine was quite a bargain lahh.... if im not wrong..... :confused:

so if u look on the higher side like 1 pair cost $70.... 3 pairs cost around $210... if plus workmanship... u do ya maths.....

Do not DIY ur ST unless you are an expert like our Towkay Simon here.. heheh :smile:

U rather u spent abit more... den save abit... and end up spending a whole lot more.... right?? :goodluck:

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Originally posted by Cool79@Oct 31 2004, 12:38 AM

will i regret after u change to ST.....

scare i will regret... as i am now ridin a sports bike...

u mean do i regret after getn my St??

\neah...in a way my dream machine...ultimate dream machine is a GOLDWING!! yeah....but too bulky and impractical...unless i have the road like an airstrip here all for me....harharhar... ... prefer practicality more than style.Individual taste i guess. Imagine all those stuff u can juust dump into ur panniers and topbox...wohoooo.....no more slugging clumsy sling backs...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by Cool79@Oct 31 2004, 12:38 AM

will i regret after u change to ST.....

scare i will regret... as i am now ridin a sports bike...

Yo cool79...

To Each his Own lah...

Cant compare a Sport Bike and a Touring beaST...

If u have doubt , play save ...and dont confuse yourself...

Find out more about the beaST before committing into this investment

As far as i am know... I never regret getting this Monster since i started to

dream of getting it from 1994... and i only got it from 2001...

Good Luck

Cheers

Yamaha LC125

Yamaha TZR125

Kawasaki KDX200

Suzuki Savage400

Kawasaki Ninja400

Honda Steed 400

Yamaha XJ600

Harley Davidson Hugger883

Yamaha V-Max 1200

Honda ST1100Y P.E

Little Lamb X9

Originally posted by PearlST@Oct 31 2004, 01:50 AM

Yo cool79...

To Each his Own lah...

Cant compare a Sport Bike and a Touring beaST...

If u have doubt , play save ...and dont confuse yourself...

Find out more about the beaST before committing into this investment

As far as i am know... I never regret getting this Monster since i started to

dream of getting it from 1994... and i only got it from 2001...

Good Luck

Cheers

cos i like to speed....

also i scare the power like 2a then i will b totally disappointed liao...

i had thought abt the comfort of the beast.... nice... gd... can buy a put a lot of things... then gf will not complain n don need to carry things ard...

but disadv.... scare don have power like class 2 bikes.... pick up....

top speed... don knoe le.... the most i try was abt 250++... but handlebar start to move liao

so scared

the onli thing dat hold me back is.... want to at least touch 300.... want to have the feel... then if i get super sports.... then waste money cos want to try the feelin....

all a long i had this dream bike like u guys.... as i had told myself ST will b the veri last bike.... cos of comfortable.. n also nice nice....

i think cornering 4 st is still okie.... can corner as low as super 4 rite???? comfirm can;t corner as low as sports....

silly me...

wait 4 the motor show see wat they got to offer also... i saw R1 05 cost 18.5k otr... 1st party....

but no more yamaha 4 me

no no

so want to ask u guys... should i get ST... of cos u guys will say ST... keekee

want to hear more point of view.... i will b getting the beast by next mth... so will have abt 2-4 wks to think b4 i go 4 my last bike

hey guys,

comments for this thread please... :sweat:

comments

thnx!! :thumb:

http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/bnifiles/face.gif http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/bigfinger.gifhttp://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/bigfinger.gifhttp://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/bigfinger.gifhttp://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/bigfinger.gifhttp://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/bigfinger.gifhttp://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/bigfinger.gifhttp://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/bigfinger.gifhttp://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/bnifiles/face.gif

>>>>http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gifNo offence guyz.juz for the laughterhttp://www.tlplanet.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gif<<<<

Originally posted by Cool79@Oct 31 2004, 02:02 AM

cos i like to speed....

i had thought abt the comfort of the beast.... nice... gd... can buy a put a lot of things... then gf will not complain n don need to carry things ard...

but disadv.... scare don have power like class 2 bikes.... pick up....

top speed... don knoe le.... the most i try was abt 250++... but handlebar start to move liao

so scared

the onli thing dat hold me back is.... want to at least touch 300.... want to have the feel... then if i get super sports.... then waste money cos want to try the feelin....

all a long i had this dream bike like u guys.... as i had told myself ST will b the veri last bike.... cos of comfortable.. n also nice nice....

i think cornering 4 st is still okie.... can corner as low as super 4 rite???? comfirm can;t corner as low as sports....

silly me...

wait 4 the motor show see wat they got to offer also... i saw R1 05 cost 18.5k otr... 1st party....

but no more yamaha 4 me

no no

so want to ask u guys... should i get ST... of cos u guys will say ST... keekee

want to hear more point of view.... i will b getting the beast by next mth... so will have abt 2-4 wks to think b4 i go 4 my last bike

ST1100 don speed like a black bird, cant pick up like a CBR, cant reach 300km /hr

but ST1100 can let u sit striaght up with alot of comfort at 220 km/hr and if road condition allows it can last u for long time which i call holding power, not to the machine onli, but to its rider too.

ST1100 is a tourer machine, it has take away it top speed to provide more mid range power for more touring comfort.

We ride ST1100 is not because we don like speed, but we are playing a balance of comfort and speed. We wan to have space to put our touring stuff, we wan to have space for shopping bage. We wan nature element protection while we r on tour, ST1100 wind shield is doing its job very well.

just imagine, u had pack five days of clothing, 2 pair of shoe, personal entertainmen device, 1 bottle of drinking water, some can food...! u fit all onto ur bike without the fear of dropping while speeding on the highway, without the worry of people stealing ur stuff while u r way from ur bike. and most of all the BOX is design to fit the bike to its most advantage position.

btw ur gf will be happy too, as the pillon seat is big enough to move butt around and adjustment of comfort during long journy. it will minimise the complain from the pillon... heeeee....!

cornering for ST is really up to the rider, i had a fren who did cornering on ST with its side box almost touch the ground....! it can go extreme too... :)

should u get ST11? my ans is yes.....

we wan u to share the same joy a us.

during this decision making period, we will be there to help u to see the advantage and the weakness of ST1100....!

we wan u to love this machine and no regret on getting the machine...!

anyway really wish u becoming one of us!

:cheer:

heee.... sorry for the long msg.....!

:cheeky:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p9e54de4d0b4905a59d5dd3014acc66de/f67cabae.jpg

Originally posted by Cool79@Oct 31 2004, 02:02 AM

cos i like to speed....

No worry, the 1100cc V4 engine can produce more than 100hp, have enough torque to pull away faster than most of the vehicles on the road.

Cannot compare a touring bike with a sports bike. Just like you cannot compare a 7-seats MPV to a WRX ....

If you still enjoying more on high speeding riding, challenge corner, you should consider BlackBird instead.....

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

Well said ...shadowman Vic...

my pllions do complain about the comfort behind me...

they say easily fell asleep...

To be running 250km/hr ????? Will that be Comfort Touring???

Can u last all the to KL non stop at that speed???...

Anyway , u need to buy new meter soon if ST goes 250km/hr...

Our Fuel Capacity is 28 litres ... Highway consumption is

estimated distance for 1litre = 20km....

So the beaST give u the distances with the comfort...

If cool79 is not in a hurry to change now... then wait for more comments

from your friends and all........

Always compare Apple to Apple...

Cheers

Yamaha LC125

Yamaha TZR125

Kawasaki KDX200

Suzuki Savage400

Kawasaki Ninja400

Honda Steed 400

Yamaha XJ600

Harley Davidson Hugger883

Yamaha V-Max 1200

Honda ST1100Y P.E

Little Lamb X9

i would like to have both.... ahhhhhhhhh

sian 1/2.....

but most prob will b stick to st....

don like black bird... if i want black bird.... then can't corner like sports...

since shadow had said cornering can be done by st.. then okie liao... speed i onli worried abt it will b like cbr400....

if the power is like the class 2 power then okie...

mayb wait till got chance to hop on a st ot b a pillion n feel the power b4 i make the disision

Originally posted by Cool79@Oct 31 2004, 01:31 PM

i would like to have both.... ahhhhhhhhh

sian 1/2.....

but most prob will b stick to st....

don like black bird... if i want black bird.... then can't corner like sports...

since shadow had said cornering can be done by st.. then okie liao... speed i onli worried abt it will b like cbr400....

if the power is like the class 2 power then okie...

mayb wait till got chance to hop on a st ot b a pillion n feel the power b4 i make the disision

come on Wed lah.. :)

Just some additional information..... if u gonna do pick up like those sport bike....drag at the first few gears u will end up with 14~18km/l of fuel consumption. But at the high gear (5th gear) or smoothly accleration, u will have a better F.C.

And yes, ST still can do cornering but don't push it to hard (it not a sport bike), those plastic parts don't come cheap ( u know wat I mean).

Originally posted by amen23@Oct 31 2004, 02:44 PM

Just some additional information..... if u gonna do pick up like those sport bike....drag at the first few gears u will end up with 14~18km/l of fuel consumption. But at the high gear (5th gear) or smoothly accleration, u will have a better F.C.

And yes, ST still can do cornering but don't push it to hard (it not a sport bike), those plastic parts don't come cheap ( u know wat I mean).

how abt which type of tire should i get... dat is duruable n safe during raining season?

BT020 = mid range mileage, $300plus, some ppl complain handle bar wobble after high mileage to usage.

ME Z4 = mid range mileage, $300 plus, some ppl complain handle bar wobble after high mileage to usage. ( for me had try out, find it still ok if take care of the tires air pressure)

ME33 = high mileage, $300 plus, uneven tires wear.

dargon GTS = lower mileage, $400 plus, good grid, handle bar will not wobble( feedback from some rider)

macadam = super high mileage, $300 plus, good for freq. tourer.

Originally posted by amen23@Oct 31 2004, 03:01 PM

BT020 = mid range mileage, $300plus, some ppl complain handle bar wobble after high mileage to usage.

dargon GTS = lower mileage, $400 plus, good grid, handle bar will not wobble( feedback from some rider)

how lower is the mileage 4 dargon GTS????

i know 020 can last veri long... abt 1.5 - 2 yrs like dat... i think abt 50 000 km rite???? how abt dargon????

Originally posted by Cool79@Oct 31 2004, 02:59 PM

how abt which type of tire should i get... dat is duruable n safe during raining season?

hahaha...... come to raining day watever tires also no use need to be extra careful... for grid so far from wat i know is GTS then Z4 coz had tried Z4 and now GTS... will try BT020 and macadam.

Originally posted by amen23@Oct 31 2004, 02:44 PM

if i keep wackin her.... will the shalf easily spoilt???

how to check 4 the shalf n all the wear n tear things????

Originally posted by amen23@Oct 31 2004, 03:06 PM

hahaha...... come to raining day watever tires also no use need to be extra careful... for grid so far from wat i know is GTS then Z4 coz had tried Z4 and now GTS... will try BT020 and macadam.

Z4... don think it's gd... heard quite a number of comment not veri gd... but it's 4 sports bike....