SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

lookin 2 get a rx-8 any recommendations?

white_angel

Hi all,

me thinkin of getting a rx-8 heard that the powerplant is acutally 2 650cc in one. nemesis engine also don't know but anyone driving one?

how's the consumption like? hope its no where near a mercs SLK!

also if i change the doors to a psuh-up type *sorry don't know the exact terms for it* will the airbags be compromised?

also where is the best deal to get one? also as this is my first time buying a car think no rebate of sorts so full premium would be expected of me. the average price of a rx-8 would be............ shop recommendations would also help as i would prefer getting a totally 'virginal' car, one that I will pop its cherry!

thanks alot peeps!

take me to georgia

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by white_angel@Nov 15 2006, 03:40 PM

Hi all,

me thinkin of getting a rx-8 heard that the powerplant is acutally 2 650cc in one. nemesis engine also don't know but anyone driving one?

how's the consumption like? hope its no where near a mercs SLK!

also if i change the doors to a psuh-up type *sorry don't know the exact terms for it* will the airbags be compromised?

also where is the best deal to get one? also as this is my first time buying a car think no rebate of sorts so full premium would be expected of me. the average price of a rx-8 would be............ shop recommendations would also help as i would prefer getting a totally 'virginal' car, one that I will pop its cherry!

thanks alot peeps!

Second hand RX8 about $85k - $90k

Fuel Consumption is higher than SLK anytime.

If it is Scissor (Lambo) doors, you mean. It will not affect airbags unless airbags are on the doors. However, conversion for Lambo doors can be a headache.

It's a nice car overall. Have fun.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

PIs only bring in the auto version, if you want manual have to go to the authorized dealer, Mazda Motors. If you ask me, i'll go to the dealer anytime, since the rotary engine and all require quite a certain level of expertise which i think only the dealers can adequately provide.

Including insurance for this car i think you can budget 120k for a new one. Consumption naturally depends on your driving style but i think you can use 12-13L per 100km as a guage, about that of a 3L car.

I havent seen anyone did scissor doors for RX8 but i think you can ask around the local rx8 forum for more info. They should be able to provide you with a better gauge of the consumption and price too.

Originally posted by Throttle@Nov 15 2006, 05:25 PM

Second hand RX8 about $85k - $90k

Fuel Consumption is higher than SLK anytime.

If it is Scissor (Lambo) doors, you mean. It will not affect airbags unless airbags are on the doors. However, conversion for Lambo doors can be a headache.

It's a nice car overall. Have fun.

but scicciors door,very ex to make,if not wrong theres only one guy/shop in sg offering that service.....

http://www.parrotparrot.com/stopcruelty/cruelty1.gif

RX 8 FC is ard 5-6km/l depends on yr right leg & transmission. Best FC I heard is 7km/l.

A drinker. Initially wanted to get this car but the FC really turn me off. ! thing gd is the insurance. Its within the 4 doors cat.

Its a very nice car indeed but FC.

:nono:

2002 - 2003 Honda NSR SP 150

2003 - 2005 Honda RVF 400

2004 - 2006 GSX-1300R Hayabusa

2008 - ? Yamaha FZ 600

IBA Member No 25268

http://www.121network.net/images/sig11.gif

Originally posted by joshy@Nov 15 2006, 10:22 PM

RX 8 FC is ard 5-6km/l depends on yr right leg & transmission. Best FC I heard is 7km/l.

A drinker. Initially wanted to get this car but the FC really turn me off. ! thing gd is the insurance. Its within the 4 doors cat.

Its a very nice car indeed but FC.

:nono:

Yes the FC is about 6-7km per liter or around 14l/100km.

Rotary engines are drinkers.

Originally posted by siaoliao@Nov 15 2006, 09:21 PM

PIs only bring in the auto version, if you want manual have to go to the authorized dealer, Mazda Motors. If you ask me, i'll go to the dealer anytime, since the rotary engine and all require quite a certain level of expertise which i think only the dealers can adequately provide.

Including insurance for this car i think you can budget 120k for a new one. Consumption naturally depends on your driving style but i think you can use 12-13L per 100km as a guage, about that of a 3L car.

I havent seen anyone did scissor doors for RX8 but i think you can ask around the local rx8 forum for more info. They should be able to provide you with a better gauge of the consumption and price too.

Agreed that consumption depends on driving style but definitely not 12-13l/100km

12-13l/100km is too optimistic in Singapore's traffic.

By the way a 3liter car will easily drink 14 - 15 l/100km

The FC for Rotary engine is basically similar to that of twice the engine size.

The RX7 was my first car, FC was about 7km/l if driving relaxed and 5km/l if i gun the car. But Road tax is dirt cheap.......

argh.. to hell with it cos you only live once! RX-8 in gun metal la ha ha

wrx * evo have already been labelled "ah-beng" car that's why its a no no for me! woot! rotary engine! but from previous posts is there still a sealing problems cos i'd hate to get it in the workshop tho...

take me to georgia

ahem, sorry but for your info RX8 is also ah beng car.........

anyway why bother, it's the driver and how he styles his car.

You can have an un-beng Evo or WRX or RX or you can even have an ah beng Lambo, POrsche, ferrari, etc....

Originally posted by Throttle@Nov 17 2006, 11:39 AM

ahem, sorry but for your info RX8 is also ah beng car.........

anyway why bother, it's the driver and how he styles his car.

You can have an un-beng Evo or WRX or RX or you can even have an ah beng Lambo, POrsche, ferrari, etc....

well said! point taken! thanks for the info...!

woot! woo hoo! yay!

take me to georgia

also as far as i know stock rex8 comes with safety side airbags, maybe "lambo" doors cos the car's safety to be compromised! woot! rex8!

sure why not but prefer one that is in stock condition if any accessories also can state

will need to knoe the coe & tax just to check & of cos selling price! pm me cheers

take me to georgia

renesis engines 1st batch i think got abit of prob.. so look out abit do more research... as for my rx7 full tank is abt 200 rx8 no far more i guess... ermm i guess when u are looking at a rotary engined car... consumption shld not be a factor?

cheers and good luck...

btw anyone noes where i can get a custom radiator? thanks

Yeah white Angel, you can also consider 350z but it's totally differnt.

Only 2 seats. Huge Cap , high tax, more power, more torque. for a 2++ yr old can get below $100k.

too dam ex cos i also budget think the rex8 would suit just nice! maybe only able to fork out 10k then loan the rest.. see how much your firend asking first 350z is way outta my league! woo hoo! rex8 here i come!

take me to georgia

huh $10k only and you want to buy RX8?? dont squeeze yourself too hard brother.

You wanna loan $80k at current rates? even over 9 or 8 years, that is really asking for it.

I recommend you buy a Gen2.

Originally posted by BaMBiNo@Nov 20 2006, 06:57 PM

yea 10k like abit tight leh...

It's not just a bit tight... it's too tight..

Best to downpay at least 30% of the car value if possible.

Just call me Eno.

8 Sep 2004 - ??? : Honda Phantom TA200

4 Oct 2005 - Feb 2006 : Honda FireBlade CBR400RR

Drivers and bikers look at the world from different angles. Don't believe? Just compare them in a corner...

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you. - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Throttle have you had any experience of having to pay extra money over the quoted price if paying in full instead of taking loan?

Kia apparently wants 1k over the price if I'm not taking a loan.

Just call me Eno.

8 Sep 2004 - ??? : Honda Phantom TA200

4 Oct 2005 - Feb 2006 : Honda FireBlade CBR400RR

Drivers and bikers look at the world from different angles. Don't believe? Just compare them in a corner...

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you. - Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)