SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[MUST READ!] *** FREE SHOEI HELMET FOR NEW MEMBERS! *** Read here for more info.

Dear new members,

Great! Now that we have your attention, please kindly take note that in order to post a thread to sell your bike here:

1. You must have at least 50 post count AND

2. Your account must be at least 30 days old.

This move is to prevent scammers from registering new accounts and on the pretext of selling stuff, scam member's money and disappear.

QN: WHAT IF I NEED TO SELL OFF MY Item(s) URGENTLY?

Solution: Send an email to admin@singaporebikes.com with the following particulars:

- Full name

- Nickname

- A Scanned copy of your NRIC

- Address

- Contact Number

and we will review your request and lift the restriction.

Thank you very much for your attention and No, there's no SHOEI helmet gift.

Cheers,

Management,

SingaporeBikes.com

Garage Sale Enhanced Rules & Regulations

Who in the right state of mind would join a Motorcycle forum and instead of posting questions about what kind of bike is good for 2B/2A/2 or what type of bike should i get with 10K.......

All new members with less than 50 posts AND less than 30 days of registration are prohibited to create new threads in the Garage Sale section.

This is to discourage freeloader(s) who register account(s) just to sell items (usually of a spam or commercial nature).

All SBF forumers are encouraged to "report post" on shady character and most probably commercial entity posting in disguise.

Any form of post clocking to circumvent the 50 post requirement WILL BE penalised without exceptions!

2. All sale threads must fulfill the 3Ps requirement.

• Price. All items on sale, price must be clearly stated. This is a one-for-all preventive measure to safeguard the interest of all interested buyers.
  • Photo. All items on sale, a picture/photo must be provided. In addition, please ensure to post the actual item photos, and not to rip off any pictures that belong to other websites or belonging to other members.
  • Phone. All TS has to list down your contact nos. for interested buyer.

Note
: Without fulfillment of the 3Ps above, thread will be deleted without prior notice.

3. Once your items are sold, please update your thread with the [sOLD] prefix & auto-lock thread by clicking on the "Thread Tools" at the top of your sales thread to prevent the seller from getting more calls/enquiries even after the items are sold.

4. Once again it will be emphasized that NO SELLING ON BEHALF. Please do not sell on behalf of forummers and non-forummers. Selling on behalf is prohibited to prevent unneccessary sales disputes.

5. All SELLERS are entitled to their exclusive rights in pricing. Buyers are encourage to do your homework when looking for items to buy.

6. All rules and regulations are subjected to changes by the Administrator & moderators without any prior notifications. If the above rules & regulations do not appeal to you, please do not use this forum further and the exit doors are always wide open.

Regards

Management

SingaporeBikes.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the link to read the rules & regulations

SBF Garage Sales Rules & Regulations

Edited by PaLmEr
Edited for clarity and ease of reading

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn;t a forum supposed to help bike owners as a free service. People who choose not to voice an opinon are deemed as freeloaders or who have less than 50 posts? So if i just put upz" means one post? Isn;t that silly?

The whole forum, thou free-for-all, are but not a free service.

Forum users in SBF.com are lucky that they dont have to pay a premium just to be in here.

However, users dont get to see how the background works or, when problem arises.

"Freeloaders", are the term for those people who mis-use or abuse this "free serivce", to earn a quick buck.

SBF.com has to protect the advertisers, PMO/CMO and or the normal you and me user's interest, from being absconded or conned or cheated.

Whereby there already has been aforementioned case(s) happened.

Forum users, are of cos, have their own freedom of speech and own opinion.

Hence, there's new ruling that any new GS sale thread by any users(seller), have to mention contact numbers, or any other means of contact.

So the other willing(buyer) party can call, sms or PM for further info.

Respective GS Mods, correct, edit, trash this post if Im wrong.

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Same here. I am a long time registered member, a very frequent visitor, and I have both sold and both bikes here. not to make a buck but because i like bikes. because i dont upz posts or make comments like 'my dream bike' i am not allowed to post anymore...??

I understand the principal, but don't agree at all with how it is enforced

yep, i still can't post thread. i suggest it would be a better business idea not to restrict ur most popular section since u earn from advertising. btw, u should reduce/simplify the adverts. they take too long to load. can't imagine accessing the site from a computer slower than mine.

not trying to help sbf or wat///

when sbf started... it is abt user helping user and contributing to the biking community.

so if u have register as a user, why dun u share ur knowledge and it also will increase ur post count?

also yes it is really silly to juz post upz...

when a potential buyer check ur profile. they may juz shun away too.

if u are someone who ppl know and provide assistance somehow in sbf. u will not face the problem of this type of control.

cheers

http://images.quizesilver.multiply.com/image/8/photos/19/500x500/1/Picture3.jpg?et=pp72A3vHiyWV%2B1gmEDuh4g&nmid=137248738

I concur with what Kushinagar has enforced.

There are many sitting behind the screen registering ample nicks and 1st post come into forum is I have something to sell, interested check etc.

50 quality msgs and PP know who you are then u start to say you have somethings to get rid in Garage sales I feel there is no dubious reason why not. 50 is jus an indicative amount of post.

Judging from the number of mod vs the active users. I think all the mods are under manned. Therefore such a restrictive measures are to enforce to make sure that the threads are having a 1st layer filter.

I have seen 1 fella who only ups people thread and selling stuff but no general contributions nor enquiries for whatever bike stuff. Isnt that pretty weird?

Lets use this as an example.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4128809

How will the mod decide that if the is sincere, authentic or dubious character?

For all those who oppose may I ask a very simple question. If you are the one manning the station and all crap is happening, will you be doing similiar measures like Kushingar to enforce the rules so that YOU might have a better control of the situation?

wow... jus posting my opinion alreayd such a long paragraph already..... Ops.. I should this be considered quality posting or smoking or ???

Peace....... jus my 20 cents thoughts....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Understand the rules but does we really need to put our contact number?can this be taken off?i believe email or PM does the job..some does not even read the thread jus bomb u with sms with questions that is on the thread...den when reply etc suddenly MIA..i hope mod should consider this..jus my thoughts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/evilspawnsss/Signature-1.jpg

Class 2B Honda SP (SOLD)

Class 2A (24/08/2010)S4 spec 1(Friend riding)

Class 3(10/2009)Suzuki Swift

Understand the rules but does we really need to put our contact number?can this be taken off?i believe email or PM does the job..some does not even read the thread jus bomb u with sms with questions that is on the thread...den when reply etc suddenly MIA..i hope mod should consider this..jus my thoughts

i agree with this.. can we not put our contact number. sumtimes ppl may jus play ard with the contact number( not 4D ). i perfer to have the buyer pm me his contact den i will juz straight contact him.

Hi mod I have fulfilled the requirement of registering for more than 30 days, but I cant seem to know my total post count. Is there any way of knowing how many posts I have and when I can start new threads?

Hi mod I have fulfilled the requirement of registering for more than 30 days, but I cant seem to know my total post count. Is there any way of knowing how many posts I have and when I can start new threads?

Hey St3ven, look at your Avatar on the left. Below that says "Posts: 39". Post another 11 more (you need 50 posts to start a new thread) and you are good to go on the new threads.

i agree with this.. can we not put our contact number. sumtimes ppl may jus play ard with the contact number( not 4D ). i perfer to have the buyer pm me his contact den i will juz straight contact him.

Yeah agreed.... the other thing is this will allowed buyers to log in to the forum to received answer and status of the sales instead of calling or sms the seller.... I mean if the deal is done I am sure the seller will give the contact no themselves.....

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the moderators point of view but it's quite a pity to prevent occasional sellers (Yes I am one of those, I have to move from Singapore, I enjoyed my bike and didn't want to scrap it) to connect with other forumers who might be interested. It feels like selling is a crime.

A forum is connecting people of common interests. Some people might have joined the forum to find a bike. And this rule might prevent them from finding a perfect match.

Thibault

Can we revive an old rule please: the Garage Sales forum will automatically delete any threads that are older than say 120 days?

The threads will not be deleted for the reason of iTrader tracking, but rather they will be locked after 90 days of inactivity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

• 1 month later...
same cant post :cry: when tis gonna end

i am registered long time ago but also unable to post. Do I need to post 50 in order to have the right to post a new thread?

hey i cant post in GS too! me definitely more than 50 days old! help!

how do i post new threads? please help thanks..

Hi Mods,

i've not been active in the forum as in not many postings. Can i still use the garage sales section to sell my helmet? Please help.

Khoo

me too same problem,any kind of help here??? i cant make a new thread

hi mods out there, may i know why i'm still unable to post a thread although i've met all the requirements? mods, please look into this matter. i believe many people are having this problem.

30 days AND 50 x "upzzz..." posts before posting own new thread? ......

Dear Moderator,

Pls help.... I cannot create new thread. Can you pls help me?

Plz help!!! Am not able to post.....

need help!! cant post!!!

me too.. cant post a new thread..

do i have to get special access from e mods?

To clarify things up, for those who have LESS THAN 50 postings OR LESS THAN 1 month registered, the first posting is self explainatory. I believe it is stated clearly enough there.

Users do not actually see most of the spam and unsavoury activities which have been removed by us. To make a point, simply visit a few of the less "policed" (as some of you may put it as) forums and look at the massive number of Spam/Virus postings. We have succesfully managed to prevent more than 90% of these malicious posters from infiltrating this forum, thereby protecting our members from malicious viruses,trojans,keyloggers which can steal your personal and credit card details. Of course, nothing is 100% effective and we urge members to report malicious postings by using the "Report Post" feature.

Why the 50 Post Rule?

The 50 posting rule is there for a simple reason. By reading up on a member's previous postings, a buyer or seller can make a calculated decision on the type of person the other party is. Any person/bot can register an account and leave it dormant for a month (I have personally cleaned out hundreds of these) and start posting malicious postings once the 1 month has lapsed.

This rule also serves as a first level deterrent for would-be scammers and unsavory traders.

As a gentle reminder to all members, please DO NOT try to contravene this ruling by post clocking. Offenders will be penalised as per SBF Garage Sales Act / SBF Posting Rules & Regulations and their post counts reset.

It is not very difficult to accumulate 50 constructive postings, simply share your knowledge in SBF, give a little back to the community which has provided you with a wealth of information. If enough members practice this, SBF will be a much better place to hang out at.

SHARING IS CARING!

For those who still have issues posting a new thread in Garage Sales despite having MORE THAN 50 constructive postings AND MORE THAN 1 month registration, kindly drop an e-mail to admin@singaporebikes.com with the following details:.

- Full name

- Nickname

- A Scanned copy of your NRIC

- Address

- Contact Number

and we will review your request and lift the restriction.

Edited by PaLmEr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A