SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Main Stand & Side Stand Issues

ooniq

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the spec 1 in BBDC should be custom made with all the crash bars n etc before they roll out the bike for practise... their crash bar really big n confirm protect the engine loh... :cheeky:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

I've checked with SK.. They cant do it.. Cuz it will involove welding of our frame, and if not careful, may cause crack in frame which will pose a big danger for the bike and rider..

LPPL.. use side stand..

But do consider SK crash bars, i'll save up and do one with fog lights brackets.. will reduce vibrations as our current 3pt crash bar is partly mounted on the engine..

Originally posted by biting_point@April 04, 2007 10:51 pm

I've checked with SK.. They cant do it.. Cuz it will involove welding of our frame, and if not careful, may cause crack in frame which will pose a big danger for the bike and rider..

LPPL.. use side stand..

But do consider SK crash bars, i'll save up and do one with fog lights brackets.. will reduce vibrations as our current 3pt crash bar is partly mounted on the engine..

i guess we have to forgo it then... i just did a DIY oiler cos it's easier to lube the chain without the mainstand while on the move...

any pics of that crashbar of yours??

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Originally posted by biting_point@April 05, 2007 12:52 pm

No money buy yet, saving up.. SK customised ones lah..

they bolt them on the frame so will not cause as much vibrations as the 3pt crash bars..

izit the 2 pt crash bars u are talking about? the 2 pt one is bolted on the frame :cheeky:

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

3 pt crash bars are the ones that reduced the engine vibrations as the top bar that joins from the front of the engine across all the way to the back acts as stabilisers. Go MotoWorld to check out the specific aftermarket stabilizers. They are mounted the same way.

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

if making the main stand cost 200++, i think i prefer to invest the $$$ in an original scottoiler that i can take off and put on my new bike when i sell my s4 in the future...

jus my 2c...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/flykite/futurerp.jpg

Originally posted by Fazli@April 07, 2007 01:39 pm

3 pt crash bars are the ones that reduced the engine vibrations as the top bar that joins from the front of the engine across all the way to the back acts as stabilisers. Go MotoWorld to check out the specific aftermarket stabilizers. They are mounted the same way.

from what i know, it doesn't really help.. the best way is to put a slider or don't put anything at all... :cheeky:

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Originally posted by Fazli@April 07, 2007 01:39 pm

the stablisers motoworld sell is bolt onto the top 2 of the engine.. doesnt link the frame at all.. so this reduce engine vibration.. correct me if i'm wrong..

the 3pt crashbar bolt onto engine and frame.. so hence got vibration.. those who had 3pt crashbar can try taking it out and go for a spin and can verify results..

anyway, my 3pt crash bar just saved me 2 days ago along with my motovation axle sliders.. i guess it's really time to fix SK crash bars..

Originally posted by flykite@April 07, 2007 02:44 pm

if making the main stand cost 200++, i think i prefer to invest the $$$ in an original scottoiler that i can take off and put on my new bike when i sell my s4 in the future...

jus my 2c...

putting main stand is not just for oiling your chain.. basically it's more stable than side stand if you park your bike..

anyway, SK dun do our spec 1 main stand.. asked them already.. sianz..

• 1 month later...
Mayb you can try , mayb weilding works but depends on the workmanship also cause super4 is quite heavy . You dont wan to see your bike on the floor when you wanan colllect your bike .

hehehe

ya lor i go ask ard see confirm strong then i fix

thanks for ur advice btw i did see a v-tec1 last yr wit mainstand

but that time i riding diff bike

so really never bother to ask

sianz

<<<<GIXXER 107>>>>

hehehe

ya lor i go ask ard see confirm strong then i fix

thanks for ur advice btw i did see a v-tec1 last yr wit mainstand

but that time i riding diff bike

so really never bother to ask

sianz

better dont try if they cant do it cause s4 is a big heavy bike

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/hueyamber/matachefe.gif

BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL

to my knowledge, vtec 1 dun have brackets for mainstand.. i have even ask Seng Kwang, they said it's not safe to weld onto your chasis.. but of cuz if you have the money..

few alternatives: pay big bucks to install, change bike, change chasis, or live with it.. for me, i really would like to have a mainstand, but bo bian.. i chose the last option..

where to get best price for main stand for spec 2?

The Power of Dreams

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=25275&dateline=1180237294&type=profile

2003-2004: Daelim Magma

2004-2006: Suzuki GSXR400

2006-2007: Honda Super4 spec2

2007-2007: Piaggio X9 Amalfi

Present: Kia Picanto

to my knowledge, vtec 1 dun have brackets for mainstand.. i have even ask Seng Kwang, they said it's not safe to weld onto your chasis.. but of cuz if you have the money..

few alternatives: pay big bucks to install, change bike, change chasis, or live with it.. for me, i really would like to have a mainstand, but bo bian.. i chose the last option..

OKIES

I rather live with it

:angel: :thumb:

<<<<GIXXER 107>>>>