SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Naked1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]323322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323321[/ATTACH]

Something to share. If you would like to resolve the jerky transition between 2k~5k rpm, this works similar to the kit that comes with MIVV exhaust. Basically to fool the start up check, and prevents the EXVL/CEL error on the dash

Cable operation specs:-

Cable full extension from stopper = 40mm

Cable stroke = 15mm

Kit used in total....

1) Fibre Tape over CF rod (To cover the slit. You can cut the slit in a spiral manner if not covering the slit)

2 )CF Rod specs (1.6mm slit = approx cable dia)

- OD = 5mm

- ID = 3mm

- Length B4 compression = 25mm

- Length aft compression = 10mm

What do u mean "CF rod" for the cable? Where can I find it? Also the springs?

Tot of using some spring from some old pen but kinda worried abt heat from exhaust.

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone received letter for safety recall for throttle cable?

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature.

Anyone received letter for safety recall for throttle cable?

Yes I received it. got to change it within 6 months of receiving the email. Make a appointment first :p

Yes I received it. got to change it within 6 months of receiving the email. Make a appointment first :p

Email says someone will call me. Guess I better call them.

I called and a staff mentioned to just ride down. Only takes 10 minutes :p

Done! Registration takes another 10mins tho. Haha. Total down time less than 30mins.

• 2 months later...

Memorial Ride

Sunday, 23rd August 2015 at 10am - 1pm

The Memorial Ride is to honor the memory of our fallen riders. As motorcycle riders, we are all too familiar with the perils of riding and we all know someone who has “fallen” while riding. This event is open to all riders, on any bike.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Just bought a 2013 MTS1200, and i have a few questions.

1) Intending to install a voltmeter. Is there a recommended brand/installer for the MTS? Or will it cause the electronics to haywire?

2) Is the original top-box sold elsewhere other than Minerva?... Coz the bike came with the side panniers only.

3) Planning to get the main stand as well. Minerva left with last piece (@$340). Recommended to buy from them? Been looking around in Ebay, but a bit skeptical. Been looking at SW-Motech as well, but couldn't get thru (Chiap Lee). Will keep trying though.

4) Any upcoming meet-up sessions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

Just bought a 2013 MTS1200, and i have a few questions.

1) Intending to install a voltmeter. Is there a recommended brand/installer for the MTS? Or will it cause the electronics to haywire?

2) Is the original top-box sold elsewhere other than Minerva?... Coz the bike came with the side panniers only.

3) Planning to get the main stand as well. Minerva left with last piece (@$340). Recommended to buy from them? Been looking around in Ebay, but a bit skeptical. Been looking at SW-Motech as well, but couldn't get thru (Chiap Lee). Will keep trying though.

4) Any upcoming meet-up sessions?

Thanks in advance!

1) u can check your voltage with the menu.

2) jb ducati? Nv try before but u can check it out.

3) $340 pretty decent price considering with installation. I got my sw motech online in the end. EBay have a few pieces for sale currently.

4) no idea. Haven't meet up with the grp yet.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

1) u can check your voltage with the menu.

2) jb ducati? Nv try before but u can check it out.

3) $340 pretty decent price considering with installation. I got my sw motech online in the end. EBay have a few pieces for sale currently.

4) no idea. Haven't meet up with the grp yet.

Appreciate the reply Allusionz! :thumb:

• 4 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I am planning to buy a big sport tourer and currently looking into options.

I will use the bike 95% on road and probably very occasional off road. That off road would only mean minor non-paved roads in Malaysia or Thailand, while I have no plans going into dirty tracks, endure racing etc

Multistarda appears visually the most beautiful and most suitable bike for me. The next choices would be probably Tiget Explorer, GS and Super Tenera.

Various reviews also show Ducati is the best for road usage (vs KTM or GS offer much better off road, but I don't need it anyway).

Probably final selection would be between Ducati and Triumph.

As I see from the ads, Multistrada is a vey exotic machine here (versus higher number of various BMW GS or Super Tenera's) so please can ask you a few questions:

- are you generally happy with the bike considering it is very rare animal in SG/SEA (thus might be a major issue with spare parts, service availability, no knowlegable mechanics outside Ducati garage, other issues typical for rare bikes)

- how reliable is it in normal road usage? For example, how many times you had to fix something (going to the garage or DIY) during first 2 years?

- where do you normally go for service and how much pay for average routine change of oil, filters, plugs, diagnostics etc

- how long you had to wait for a major repair and spare parts (after major technical issue or accident)

- please share 1-2 things which you might NOT like in the bike (with fair degree of love and critic to very beautiful machine) and what you had to replace/change.

- finally, would you buy another Ducati Multistrada or "never again"?

Appreciate your views and thoughts. Thanks lot

Edited by mishfinn

You might find your answer here

http://ducatiforum.co.uk/forums/multistrada.6/

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/

I'm in the situation like you, have been doing research for MTS for 1 year while waiting for my class 2 license.

The new MTS 2015/2016 is using DVT engine, seems got quite a bit of issues.

Servicing and spare parts are expensive

• 1 month later...
You might find your answer here

http://ducatiforum.co.uk/forums/multistrada.6/

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/

I'm in the situation like you, have been doing research for MTS for 1 year while waiting for my class 2 license.

The new MTS 2015/2016 is using DVT engine, seems got quite a bit of issues.

Servicing and spare parts are expensive

Many thanks for feedback and links (there are certain concerns of cource but I m kinda comfortable with some healthy critic provided Ducati fixes the isssues).

What is your latest thoughts and finall selection between Dukati and others?

Thanks and would be great to catch up

• 10 months later...

Just got a Ducati pikes peak. I was wondering is there a Ducati owner group to join. This thread seems to be quiet down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Singapore Goldwing Owners Group is now in facebook http://www.facebook.com/GoldwingSG

Now own only BMW K1600GT and Ex rider of Honda GL1800, Yam GTS1000, Yam Fazer 1000, Kawa GPZ400 , DukeSS400,Kawa ZXR400....and more to come

www.singapore-gts-club.8m.com

• 4 weeks later...
Just got a Ducati pikes peak. I was wondering is there a Ducati owner group to join. This thread seems to be quiet down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm... register with Wearnes, they organise rides with Other Ducati owners. Can build up from there...

Anyway - I also take the opportunity to say HELLO! I'm a fellow multistrada owner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...