SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia RSV4-Quattro a new beginning

tervintan

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, got this bike for about 2 weeks. had my oil change after running in. This morning while on my way to work..ECP jam so my bike gets very hot. i dropped of my gf at her workplace n go get coffee. then as per normal difficult to start when engine is hot. crank afew times on previous days its ok.. but today.. it cant start and Urgent service was prompted on my dashboard. with dsb 08 error on the diagnosis. Nw my bike at Mah Pte Ltd.. mechanic checking the problem. anyone encounter this before? could the cranking problem be the original battery capacity rating which is 8.6Ah? ive read through apriliaforum. some of them change to YT-12A BS( 11Ah) or YTZ-14 S(11.2Ah) for more cranking power while engine is hot. Any recommendations for battery change?

I have changed mine to YTZ-14S. works well.I have the impression that higher cranking power is needed especially when bike is cold not hot.The starter motor is a DC motor. The motor coil's inductance drop with lower temperature, so is when it tend to draw more current on start.Besides, more current will be drawn by the motor to turn the crank, to overcome cold and tight pistons in the cylinders.

Hi guys, got this bike for about 2 weeks. had my oil change after running in. This morning while on my way to work..ECP jam so my bike gets very hot. i dropped of my gf at her workplace n go get coffee. then as per normal difficult to start when engine is hot. crank afew times on previous days its ok.. but today.. it cant start and Urgent service was prompted on my dashboard. with dsb 08 error on the diagnosis. Nw my bike at Mah Pte Ltd.. mechanic checking the problem. anyone encounter this before? could the cranking problem be the original battery capacity rating which is 8.6Ah? ive read through apriliaforum. some of them change to YT-12A BS( 11Ah) or YTZ-14 S(11.2Ah) for more cranking power while engine is hot. Any recommendations for battery change?

I have changed mine to YTZ-14S. works well.I have the impression that higher cranking power is needed especially when bike is cold not hot.The starter motor is a DC motor. The motor coil's inductance drop with lower temperature, so is when it tend to draw more current on start.Besides, more current will be drawn by the motor to turn the crank, to overcome cold and tight pistons in the cylinders.

Headache headache.... Why will anyone sell a '09 RSV4 Factory for ONLY $26,888 !!!

This price comes with expensive accessories as well.. OMG :faint:

FR1930T - NSR 150 SP | FV5049R - Wave S 125 | FBC2986C - Spark 135T | FQ3319B - NSR 250 SE | FW37C - Kawasaki ZX6R | FBC7663X - Suzuki An125 | FV4801S - Piaggio X9 Almafi | FL70M - RSV4 Factory | FP9492Z - NSR 250 SP | FT3105K - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1

hi bro, I have changed my Batt to a 14V batt instead of the stock 12V. Solves the starting and cranking problem. Can consider that for those who are having starting issues. PLanning to sell off my LEO VINCE titanium full system, street legal with quiet inserts and certs. Those intertested can PM me! Thanks.

Bro, i already got the end can. if i m tinking of buying ur headers, how much would tat be? headers plus my end can = full system.rite? Cos i really wan to cool the bike down. But full system got to get the bazzar auto tune also ah?

:cheeky:

Bro, i already got the end can. if i m tinking of buying ur headers, how much would tat be? headers plus my end can = full system.rite? Cos i really wan to cool the bike down. But full system got to get the bazzar auto tune also ah?

Bro the slip on leo vince and full system leo vince cannot match.. as the diameter of the end cans are different. U can see the diff when u compare a bike with the full system and a slip on. Yup the Bazzaz with auto tune will be a good choice to fine tune up the bike.. Best choice is buy in a race ecu and piggy back the bazzaz to fine tune further. That will be the best results. as your restrictions will be unlocked. and a word "RACE" will be on your dash.

Another cheap mod you could do is to do a chain conversion to afam and down your front sprocket to 15 teeth instead of 16. You will feel a world of difference. bike feel much more torquey and this bike feels a feel sluggish at a lower rpm, it solves that problem.

O ya i just updated my ecu. I on V2 mode on my ecu, and just updated to the new 2011 mapping for the ecu. Fuel consumption seems to be better and bike feels abit more torque in the mid range den usual. Haven run finish 1 full tank but from wat i caluculated for the distance i was riding den i pump up again, i was getting (1L- 13-14KM) . Will update more when i finally finish 1 tank and see whteher the milage can reach abt 170-180km before reserve.

But i have read up and heard the new 2011 mapping , for those on stock exhaust and slip ons, with the exhaust valve, the valve now doesn't open when u down gear from N. It only open at abt i think 5RPM. not too sure on these as i'm not using the valves. anyway just some info i gathered.

hope to meet up with u guys soon.

slize,

From wat you said, then i m in a bit of problem. I gotto get rid of the slip on end can,rite? cos full system is altogether different from the one i haf. hmmm. the end can can oni fit a rsv4 rite? I saw a Race ECU on the aprilia catalog.If i get that n the bazzar, then everything is at its best already? or still got to go dyno? in which another cost rite? so u spent a lot on ur bike already?

:cheeky:

I haven ordered in the new Race ecu, not reli alot. just simple mods. actually a dyno may or may not be required. As the bazzaz with auto tune will piggy back on top of the race ecu to tune up the bike. When i buy in the race ecu i also won't be doing a dyno, just running the autotune with the bazzaz to tune up my mapping again. personally feel not reli required. Yup u need to sell the slip on to get a full system. and i think that the end can can only fit a rsv4. haha.

must be areason behind it.... ,myb engine? or wanna sell desperately?

I dunno man.. but i guess partly is due to the warranty is over? All i can tell is that he's really 'hungry'

Vondy, finally see ur profile pic changed. haha. no more ninja.

Lols! There was once I tried, but didn't manage to, so I gave up.. But this time round I'm sick of the ninja profile pic alrdy.. haa..

Bros.. Meet up soon man!

FR1930T - NSR 150 SP | FV5049R - Wave S 125 | FBC2986C - Spark 135T | FQ3319B - NSR 250 SE | FW37C - Kawasaki ZX6R | FBC7663X - Suzuki An125 | FV4801S - Piaggio X9 Almafi | FL70M - RSV4 Factory | FP9492Z - NSR 250 SP | FT3105K - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1

Bro the slip on leo vince and full system leo vince cannot match.. as the diameter of the end cans are different. U can see the diff when u compare a bike with the full system and a slip on. Yup the Bazzaz with auto tune will be a good choice to fine tune up the bike.. Best choice is buy in a race ecu and piggy back the bazzaz to fine tune further. That will be the best results. as your restrictions will be unlocked. and a word "RACE" will be on your dash.

Another cheap mod you could do is to do a chain conversion to afam and down your front sprocket to 15 teeth instead of 16. You will feel a world of difference. bike feel much more torquey and this bike feels a feel sluggish at a lower rpm, it solves that problem.

O ya i just updated my ecu. I on V2 mode on my ecu, and just updated to the new 2011 mapping for the ecu. Fuel consumption seems to be better and bike feels abit more torque in the mid range den usual. Haven run finish 1 full tank but from wat i caluculated for the distance i was riding den i pump up again, i was getting (1L- 13-14KM) . Will update more when i finally finish 1 tank and see whteher the milage can reach abt 170-180km before reserve.

But i have read up and heard the new 2011 mapping , for those on stock exhaust and slip ons, with the exhaust valve, the valve now doesn't open when u down gear from N. It only open at abt i think 5RPM. not too sure on these as i'm not using the valves. anyway just some info i gathered.

hope to meet up with u guys soon.

Woah! u're getting a really good FC compared to my 7-8km/L, but ure using the T mode or..? As for the race ecu, it comes with the exhaust dosen't it?

Hmm... If we reduce the front sprocket to size 15, I believe the top speed will be reduced by at least 20km/h? -correct me if I'm wrong..

So u're letting go ur LV full sys for ..... Austin?? Haha..

Woah! u're getting a really good FC compared to my 7-8km/L, but ure using the T mode or..? As for the race ecu, it comes with the exhaust dosen't it?

Hmm... If we reduce the front sprocket to size 15, I believe the top speed will be reduced by at least 20km/h? -correct me if I'm wrong..

So u're letting go ur LV full sys for ..... Austin?? Haha..

Hey bro, i have always been on T mode. I ride my bike once a week or so. But I dun reli cruise slow on the bike for those that are wondering what is the speed to achieve a better FC. Once i'm on the e ways i'm going abt 130-140km/h min. and do abit of whacking on the bike to hit abt 200+. I was getting very bad consumption with my full system before i unlock V2 on my ECU. abt 120km before reserve. after unlocking i got back abt 140-150km before reserve. Now with the new ECu update bike feels more torque in mid range, keeps getting me to pull abit more and as mention in the earlier post seems to be getting a better fuel consumption.

yup bro by dropping the sprockets down 1 teeth in front it'll bring down your top end speed, but you feel that the bike has alot of power and torque. and you feel it more often as we dun reli get to hit top end all the time.

anyway regarding the new race ecu you can buy it seperately. i think the race ecu will cost you abt 900+ SGD. In overseaas it only comes with the akra exhaust bought from the aprilla dealer. but now we can purchase the Race ecu seperately.

btw our stock sprockets are 16 front 40 rear. by dropping 1 teeth in front it'll be like upsizing your rear sprocket by 2-3 teeth.

the new aprc models comes stock 16 front 42 rear. so your be almost matching the aprc sprocket settings.

and yup looking to let go the LV exhaust to get a Austin exhaust. haha

slize,

From wat you said, then i m in a bit of problem. I gotto get rid of the slip on end can,rite? cos full system is altogether different from the one i haf. hmmm. the end can can oni fit a rsv4 rite? I saw a Race ECU on the aprilia catalog.If i get that n the bazzar, then everything is at its best already? or still got to go dyno? in which another cost rite? so u spent a lot on ur bike already?

Bro, if u want to get the leo vince full system, then im willing to buy over your leo vince slip. What u say?

I might be free.. Probably u might want to try organising?

Btw, anyone would like to have rsv4 riders no. can get it from me at 82690838

Dun worry.. Not yet... -.-!

O ya just just an update to share, just finished one full tank after my ecu update. I reach 170km then I hit reserve. 170km / 13L main tank = 1 L - 13km. Quite a good improvement. Power wise Of the bike like I mentioned in the earlier post is more torquey and more powerful in mid range and above. I'm currently hit 40km into reverse and will be pumping up petrol later tonight. But for the first time my bike hit 210km in one tank of petrol and still able to move. Haha

OMG! In T mode as well?