SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

I jus don get it wif ma kawa.

this is ma current situation. I now owe kawasaki krr. Before i go for ma ns everything went well. 2 weeks later after i booked out from camp den try to ride ma bike, there were quite a few probs. 1st the battery went flat.. Funny thing is i jus changed it b4 i went to camp 2 weeks before. Week after week, same prob occurs despite i bring ma battery to charge it at ma nearest place bike shop. Engine able to start but there is no signal lights nor horn sound. I did ask ma elder bro to start ma bike only durin ma stay in camp. So wats wrong wif ma bike???

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after charging then got sound and horn?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q48/davidww81/gsxr400.jpg

2001 Kawasaki ZX150 FS9884K

2002 Aprilia RS125 FN8800K

2002-03 NSR150 FS7287Y

2003-04 Kawasaki ZX150 FT4246E

2004 ZXR400L8 FS8706Z

2005 Piaggio 125 FL6767Y

2005-06 CBR400RRR FQ3681D

2006-2007 Suzuki GSXR400MSP FK1005B

2006-2008 Wave-S FW4357C

an entirely new battery will not go flat after juz 2 weeks. a few possibilties lie, and a supposed new battery might be actually an old one or a faulty one.

charging do not occur at idling, as mentioned u need to ride it or maybe rev and maintain it at a certain rpm if u deem appropiate. a rough indication of a charging process is to be able to see that the headlight shines at a higher intensity than when idlnig.

Bro, another possibility might be your fuse is blown. I've experienced it before coz I changed the battery and yet my lights and horn not workin. So maybe you can try checkin your fuse.

Cheers :smile:

(1)NSR SP 150(FT5726E) (2)RXZ(FP8543S) (3)KRR 150(FU2121P) (4)R6 '05(FY6651D) (5)Getz 1.4A(SGJ575Y) (6)Gilera VXR 200 (FBC4201X) (7)FZ6 S2 (FBD2275R) (8)X1-R (FBB6401C) (9)FZ16 (FBF2411D) (10)FZS1000 (FZ2591P) (11)MT-09

Loves a Yammie... It always touches my heart!!!

Originally posted by davidww81@Nov 25 2006, 10:23 PM

after charging then got sound and horn?

yup after charging den got.. after 1 week later i book out, no more signal lights again. si bei dulan. Yest i try to charge at a bike shop at bukit merah, one of the mechanic got the cheek to ask me buy another battery coz he say ma battery cannot charge bla bla bla.. he tink i bodoh...

Originally posted by duckit@Nov 25 2006, 10:48 PM

Starting e bike only drain the battery , you needa ride it to charge it. Or maybe ur rectifier is burn. If your goin to the Camp den u take out the battery . When ur back then connect it back .

oh i tot start the bike wld charge the battery?? maybe ur rite, might be the rectifier. If need to change the rectifier how much huh? plus if i take out battery still can start the bike rite? AND do i need to bring the battery to charge it again once i book out from camp this saturday???

Originally posted by Mr_X@Nov 26 2006, 09:35 AM

oh i tot start the bike wld charge the battery?? maybe ur rite, might be the rectifier. If need to change the rectifier how much huh? plus if i take out battery still can start the bike rite? AND do i need to bring the battery to charge it again once i book out from camp this saturday???

check your charging before you change your rectifier... dun waste money...

:smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Mr_X@Nov 25 2006, 10:47 PM

this is ma current situation. I now owe kawasaki krr. Before i go for ma ns everything went well. 2 weeks later after i booked out from camp den try to ride ma bike, there were quite a few probs. 1st the battery went flat.. Funny thing is i jus changed it b4 i went to camp 2 weeks before. Week after week, same prob occurs despite i bring ma battery to charge it at ma nearest place bike shop. Engine able to start but there is no signal lights nor horn sound. I did ask ma elder bro to start ma bike only durin ma stay in camp. So wats wrong wif ma bike???

The battery negative terminal should have two wires leading from it and the posiitive ( red) terminal should have only one leading from it ( this excludes any other wire like ERP whcih you had connected to it).

If one of the wires from the negative teminal is disconnected somewhere then even if you place a fully charged battery it will start to discharge by itself quickly.

Check the wires cominig out from the battery terminal and where it leads to. If the wire is bundled together then you'll have to open up the taping to see which wire has been disconnected.

Cheers.

If your bike is a kick-start model then don't worry about flat battery. At most your ERP unit won't be working (no power) and your lights will be gone. At least you can still start and ride your bike. My batt died on my once at the bottom of an upslope. I had to push it all the way up to ride down again (push start at the downslope).. underwear wet siah...

:sian:

:dot: