SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Found something weird, always heard that HKL gives one of the best tyre prices in Singapore. However a recent enquire, a pair of BT014 at HKL is 290 while its 260 at ahboy. Even worse, a pair of Pilot power from HKL goes for 320 while it goes for 230 from ah boy. Is there a catch?

I dont expect HKL to be the cheapest everytime but a price gap of 90 is just crazy when HKL prices are supposed to be "competitive"

Not trying to bring out a flame war here, just trying to understand if there will be a difference between the 2 shops selling the tyres? Tyre quality etc...

Things done so far:

Brand new rear suspension, new rubbers in carbs, serviced carbs, double bubble windscreen, voltmeter, Pilot Sport tyres, Did o ring + VAZ sprokets, front brake pump, gaskets + waterpump oil seal, Maxima CoolAid, 2nd hand rear hugger, 2nd hand front brake disc, Fizz Power brake pads front and back, 2nd hand front and back rims, Yusa battery, Reconditioned 2nd hand carbs by Planet, Front sticker number plate, front wheel bearings, new clutch plates, fortuna paintwork sponsored by spastic driver, Keitin tank pad.

Need sugar mommy for : Hel brake lines and top end overhaul.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HKL boss ah bee gt account n this sbf.. u can try to pm him and ask..

I went to HKL and change my M1 last yr.. i must sae tat AH Bee is very frenzli.. will kip u entertained throughut the session of changing the tyre... will kip chatting with u but tats whn he is free la..

Price wise.. erm.. althought my M1 is $20 more than other shop also somewhere in bukit merah.. but HKL gt include balancing... other shop i dun know gt or not.

The abv are some of my experience with them.. so far so good... nothing very special also nothing bad..

And also.. tyre hor.. u must see which batch leh (as in date of manufacture... coz hor the longer the tyre is kept.. the quality wu be tat good.. as u know.. rubber mah...

I am not saying LAB one is older or wat.. maybe u can just ask both boss bah... LAB also gt nick here i think.. if not is his workers...

Ah Bee nick is something like TEAM HKL RACING... somethng like tat..

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/king_ziege/Biker%20gers/board_headerEdited.jpg

Hey guys I'm going to get my tyres changed for the first time, hope someone can clear my doubts on these issues:

Do they include balancing for all tyre changes at HKL? Or you must request and pay extra?

How about other shops? Any recommendation?

Is changing at our neighbouring country cheaper or same price?

Thanks! :cheeky:

Yes that is what I was quoted but I havent actually fixed yet because need to get rid of my current tyres.

Things done so far:

Brand new rear suspension, new rubbers in carbs, serviced carbs, double bubble windscreen, voltmeter, Pilot Sport tyres, Did o ring + VAZ sprokets, front brake pump, gaskets + waterpump oil seal, Maxima CoolAid, 2nd hand rear hugger, 2nd hand front brake disc, Fizz Power brake pads front and back, 2nd hand front and back rims, Yusa battery, Reconditioned 2nd hand carbs by Planet, Front sticker number plate, front wheel bearings, new clutch plates, fortuna paintwork sponsored by spastic driver, Keitin tank pad.

Hey fellow bikers i would say that HKL tyres are a bit expensive cos the manufacture of the dates of the tyre will be shown to u upon request ,as wat i asked one of the mechanics there he showed me tha dates.One more is ah-bee and his mechs all have gd cust service.Thats the reason why a lot of bikers also go there...why dont jus check out the shop and see...?

Im paying more just for them to show the dates to me? That should be the utmost basic service that you have to offer as a shop. (letting customers view your products)

Not a very compelling reason for me to cough up more money i say.

Things done so far:

i think they are trying to say is u are paying more for the quality of the tyres as some kuku shops really give u craps when they promise u..

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/04/17/bikepics-566090-150.jpg

ThEse aRe mOi haMmiEs tHey aRe cUte duN theY..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2005 -> NSR150SP - FU3335H

2005 -> GSXR400P - FORGOT LO

2006 -> CBR400RRR - FP5868A

2006 -> VXR RUNNER - FBA9929H

2006 -> SUPER 4 SPEC III - FW56Y

------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------

DicKy diCky dOnkEy, moTheR hAd a bAybIe.. BayBie Die MoTheR CrY.. DicKy dIcKy dOnkEy

they buy in bulk..

that's why cheaper prices than other motortiam..

there's a mass order section in sbf.. Why? Cause when u buy more.. u can get the product more cheaper than u get 1 pc..

You can then sell the product at a price higher than the cost price..

You still make profit and attracts more customers cause of ur competitive price

i know ahboy brings in by containers..

his quantity should be > ah bee ba..

thats why he can quote cheaper..

btw, bt014 is 240 at ahboy..

thats why he can quote u cheaper price..

Some people measure their adventures in miles or days. I prefer "lamp posts".

they buy in bulk..

that's why cheaper prices than other motortiam..

there's a mass order section in sbf.. Why? Cause when u buy more.. u can get the product more cheaper than u get 1 pc..

You can then sell the product at a price higher than the cost price..

You still make profit and attracts more customers cause of ur competitive price

i know ahboy brings in by containers..

his quantity should be > ah bee ba..

thats why he can quote cheaper..

btw, bt014 is 240 at ahboy not 260..

thats why he can quote u cheaper price..

Some people measure their adventures in miles or days. I prefer "lamp posts".

for me LAB still the cheapest but what made me swap places to hkl coz of the fast service and take proper care of my bike when doin the labour...but...what dissapoint me my last tire change the balancing screwd up...no weights at all bike wobble at 180kmph...hahaha..came back free balancing done. still hkl is my choice.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/funkyvtec/IMG-4077.jpg

Previous Rides: RXK 135, S4 Project Big 1, S4 Vtec1, ST1100 Pan European, Cbr954, K7 600, FJR1300 ABS, SilverWing FJS 400.

Current Rides: FIT 1.3 GF MoonRoof.

Originally posted by Loganathan@Dec 14 2006, 07:24 PM

Hey fellow bikers i would say that HKL tyres are a bit expensive cos the manufacture of the dates of the tyre will be shown to u upon request ,as wat i asked one of the mechanics there he showed me tha dates.One more is ah-bee and his mechs all have gd cust service.Thats the reason why a lot of bikers also go there...why dont jus check out the shop and see...?

Bro, what's there to 'show'? It's clearly printed on the sidewall. Eg: 3206 means manufactured 32nd week of 2006. All u need is to see with your own eyes.

'Workmanship' is alot more than just balancing your tyres. If you seen the hydraulic machines, all it takes is a bochup mech to severely scratch/dent your rims or damage the bead of the tyre. What happens is that the air seal will never be as good and you leak air.

My most recent experience is at Bikewerks :thumb: Meticulous mechanic. Also change before at Excel and Unity, also :thumb:. Typically shops that cater more to class 2 bikes tend to offer better service when doing tyres because they understand a good job fitting tyres is as critical as brakes at >200kmh speeds. I think it is important for the customer to communicate to the mechanic that you will appreciate the extra care when fitting your tyres.