SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Jehovah's Witnesses

Mathsboy

JW is a ****ed up religion.

i had a serious n firece run in wif them involving my ex-sis n my dad's funeral.

they are a fxxxed up misguided bunch of idiots.

report them to e police if possible and eradiacte any of their cell meetings if known. I repeat they are fxxxed up ignorant fools.

do not let them cross my path ever..**** JW.

That sounds bad, man. Were they not respecting your late dad? Sorry to hear that.

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Jehovah Witness friend. Now he is serving time in DB for 3.5 years.

he's a very promising student, top in school and all. wasted!

singapore still got J.V meh...? i thought it dosen exist any more since the day gov band it?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/operationfd/torture.jpg

1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

i heard that there is a hiding gathering place somewhere in town area from a pastor before. Only God knows what they are doing now..

Just steer clear of this religion and certain other denominations in singapore.. was working in a christian bookstore for 5 years of my life, i do know a thing or two about all these though.

i heard that there is a hiding gathering place somewhere in town area from a pastor before. Only God knows what they are doing now..

Just steer clear of this religion and certain other denominations in singapore.. was working in a christian bookstore for 5 years of my life, i do know a thing or two about all these though.

ah yo when will they wake up

1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

Jehovah's Witnesses (JW), and Mormons are being practice in Singapore. Due to some of their beliefs, they are not recognised by the Singapore government as in that they have no official status because they cannot be registered as a society.

Michael Jackson is a JW, and The Osmons are Mormons.

During my time, enlistees who are certified JW or Mormons will be detained in DB. But they were separated from other detainees, and even they were clothed differently. They are treated very much better than regular detainees.

Normal detainees wore yellow T-shirt and blue shorts with word "DETAINEE" printed on the buttock areas. No underwears and socks allowed. They ate with one hand behind their back, and their eating time is fixed, too bad if you were a slow eater. Their PT session was a torture, designed to wear them down, probably even a Commando.

Religion detainees were not subject to those regime. They can ave books, I think even wear a watch, and received visitors.

Once these religion detainees have done their time, they are given a "Dishonourable Discharge", and carried no NS liability, no IPPT, no open mob.

JW, and Mormons are normal people like all of us, and you definitely can't spot them. They are considered a "threat" to singapore national security because they can't recite pledge, sing national anthem, don uniform, and bear arms. Mormons have diet restriction, like no alcohol, drink only juice and milk.

Another Christian denomination that has more restrictions but is recognised in Singapore is the Church of the Seventh Day Adventist

:)

Jehovah's Witnesses (JW), and Mormons are being practice in Singapore. Due to some of their beliefs, they are not recognised by the Singapore government as in that they have no official status because they cannot be registered as a society.

Michael Jackson is a JW, and The Osmons are Mormons.

During my time, enlistees who are certified JW or Mormons will be detained in DB. But they were separated from other detainees, and even they were clothed differently. They are treated very much better than regular detainees.

Normal detainees wore yellow T-shirt and blue shorts with word "DETAINEE" printed on the buttock areas. No underwears and socks allowed. They ate with one hand behind their back, and their eating time is fixed, too bad if you were a slow eater. Their PT session was a torture, designed to wear them down, probably even a Commando.

Religion detainees were not subject to those regime. They can ave books, I think even wear a watch, and received visitors.

Once these religion detainees have done their time, they are given a "Dishonourable Discharge", and carried no NS liability, no IPPT, no open mob.

JW, and Mormons are normal people like all of us, and you definitely can't spot them. They are considered a "threat" to singapore national security because they can't recite pledge, sing national anthem, don uniform, and bear arms. Mormons have diet restriction, like no alcohol, drink only juice and milk.

Another Christian denomination that has more restrictions but is recognised in Singapore is the Church of the Seventh Day Adventist

humm interesting, never heard of mormon before.. able to eliberate on it more... and seven day got wat restriction??

i got 1 childhood fren who i recently found out was a mormon. anyway he served ns, cos he declared he was a christian. he behaved like every1 else did, nothin special or weird bout him, but was obligated by the mormon church to serve in taiwan(ironically after ns) for 2 yrs, wearing the white shirt n black pants carrying bible n preaching to the taiwanese. im sure many of u have seen the ang moh mormons wearing white shirt black pant n tie carrying bible spreading their gospel in sg. i also encountered 2 of them in the mountains of taiwan when i was training during ns. seems that its common for most males to spent 2 yrs in a foreign 3rd world or "unreached" country to preach there n spread the word.

FU2***L NSR 150 SP Pramac (RIP)

FBB 1***H Spark 135 Lmt Ed (RIP)

FZ4***B Aprilia RS125 (RIP)

FT3***J S4 Spec1 (RIP)

FG7***E RXZ (RIP)

FBD***** YZF-R1 (RIP)

FBD8***D YZF-R6 (RIP)

i got 1 childhood fren who i recently found out was a mormon. anyway he served ns, cos he declared he was a christian. he behaved like every1 else did, nothin special or weird bout him, but was obligated by the mormon church to serve in taiwan(ironically after ns) for 2 yrs, wearing the white shirt n black pants carrying bible n preaching to the taiwanese. im sure many of u have seen the ang moh mormons wearing white shirt black pant n tie carrying bible spreading their gospel in sg. i also encountered 2 of them in the mountains of taiwan when i was training during ns. seems that its common for most males to spent 2 yrs in a foreign 3rd world or "unreached" country to preach there n spread the word.

They are also spreading their faith in Hong Kong. Last year, after coming out of the Central MTR station, I was approached by two Caucasians whose appearance were exactly what you described "wearing white shirt n black pants carrying bible". What surprised me more was that they spoke Cantonese flawlessly, with exact diction and pronunciation.

Since I was curious, I interacted with them to find out more about Mormons. Essentially, Mormons believe in the Bible, but their reliance is on the Book of Mormon.

You mean the Church of Scientology, with celebrity Scientologists Tom Cruise ?

They are not legal because they have yet to apply for a registration with the Registry of Societies.

wah this one another religion huh?? wat they preach??

Guest limpeiwah

Mother dies after refusing blood

A young mother died after giving birth to twins because her Jehovah's Witness faith prevented her from accepting a blood transfusion, it has emerged.

Emma Gough, 22, from Telford, Shropshire, gave birth at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital on 25 October.

Just hours later, complications set in - but because of Mrs Gough's faith, doctors were powerless to save her.

Terry Lovejoy, spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Telford, said: "We share the family's very real grief."

'Risk of death'

Mr Lovejoy, who is in contact with the family, said he didn't want to comment further until the full facts had emerged and a hospital review had taken place.

The twins, who are healthy, are being cared for by their father, Anthony Gough, 24.

Jehovah's Witnesses refuse blood transfusions because they believe that God has forbidden it in the Bible. They believe that accepting a blood transfusion is a sin.

Mr Lovejoy said: "We follow the Bible and abstain from blood and I've no reason to believe Emma felt any differently."

Head of Science and Ethics at the British Medical Association, Dr Vivienne Nathanson, said: "If somebody believes that having blood will excommunicate them from their religious beliefs, then they will often say no and accept the risk of death."

Mother dies after refusing blood

A young mother died after giving birth to twins because her Jehovah's Witness faith prevented her from accepting a blood transfusion, it has emerged.

Emma Gough, 22, from Telford, Shropshire, gave birth at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital on 25 October.

Just hours later, complications set in - but because of Mrs Gough's faith, doctors were powerless to save her.

Terry Lovejoy, spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Telford, said: "We share the family's very real grief."

'Risk of death'

Mr Lovejoy, who is in contact with the family, said he didn't want to comment further until the full facts had emerged and a hospital review had taken place.

The twins, who are healthy, are being cared for by their father, Anthony Gough, 24.

Jehovah's Witnesses refuse blood transfusions because they believe that God has forbidden it in the Bible. They believe that accepting a blood transfusion is a sin.

Mr Lovejoy said: "We follow the Bible and abstain from blood and I've no reason to believe Emma felt any differently."

Head of Science and Ethics at the British Medical Association, Dr Vivienne Nathanson, said: "If somebody believes that having blood will excommunicate them from their religious beliefs, then they will often say no and accept the risk of death."

wha, chim leh... i dun remember bible got say that... their's is wat bible??

They dun seek medical treatment coz its against their beliefs or something. Heard in school

humm, i dun think any religion will teach such things, but good to know.. anyone can elabrate more on this ?

humm, i dun think any religion will teach such things, but good to know.. anyone can elabrate more on this ?

I WAS REferring to the blood transfusion... Like d case mentioned about.. I read abt it in my law case.. R v Blaue.. A case abt a lady dyin coz she refused to have blood transfusion.

I WAS REferring to the blood transfusion... Like d case mentioned about.. I read abt it in my law case.. R v Blaue.. A case abt a lady dyin coz she refused to have blood transfusion.

oh, so you are a lawyer..?? then is there any case on religion abuse on animals?

i've met JW detainees during my lobo NS days at the detention barracks. to me, they're normal human beings but with different beliefs, thats all. the work they did during the day is sweep along the corridors, attend to the CSM's pond behind the admin building, help out the auntie at the mess during break times, give us cheap hair cuts (i remembered paying $1 for it).

me, being a lobo, was tasked to do some paper shredding at the admin office and while doing that, i made a big mess in the office. as usual, the CSM made noise and told me to get a broom and dustpan to clear the sh*t. cheif clerk told me to find the "brother" (what those JWs were addressed there). i got hold of one and told him i needed a broom and dustpan. i followed him to his store room. and he helped me out with the clean up.

he was addressing me Sir when i'm only a chao blur private, he opened all the doors that were in my way and never looked me in the eye when i talked to him. he only looked down as though i'm his superior. feel abit sad for him but i got to agree, the treatment they recieve in DB is more than 300% better than those yellow tee detainees. their free time normally, i see them reading novels or just attending to the CSM's fishes.

that was in 2003. don't know about now, though.

rien d'autre que le max.

• 1 month later...

there are still survival around

• 3 months later...
Anyone knows about Jehovah's Witnesses?

I met them recently.

Can someone give me their opinions and what they know about them?

Hi Mathsboy,

First of all this religion exists even before Singapore was born. This is very legal in 235 countries and it's just with so so status countries that banned this religion. Singapore is not a christian country and that's the reason why they are not really known, check this out kazakhstan (wikepedia), Jehovah's Witnesses or JW's are more than the Roman Catholic they are fast growing their member's retention is very high ( which means once you are inn you'll stick ). These people are peace loving, they don't put swords or guns to kill other just like what Jesus did when he was on earth. They believed that the only savior to earth is Jehovah ( e.g. Psalm 83:18, Exodus 6:2 ). They solely based their beliefs in the Bible. They have their own translation of Bible ( NWT ) but did not screw the KJ versioin but did corrections and they can always return to KJ version if the person their talking wants his own bible to be used ( no big issue ).

They are ordinary persons, they work as carpenter, mason, programmer, engineers, doctors, laweyers, laborers, shoe repairer etc. but not as beggar ( prohibited, begging is lazyness in the bible ) and most of all not as SOLDIER ( Soldiers are train to kill people right ? ) and it's against God's Law. Even they are busy with their work, they make sure that they do time to preach ( it is their obligations ), and it Jesus instruction in the bible )

They follow high standards in morality since they follow bible, committing sins such as fornication, adultery others are reasons for you to be fired out of religion for discipline ( you can return if you repent and correct your wrongdoings )

Some people think they are crazy because of blood issue, transfusion even if it could cause them death. Again, this is in the bible to abstain from blood, having a blood transfusion doesn't mean you'll live but again following God's order is more important. Check this out in the USA, there are now hospitals in the USA that doesn't use blood transfusion with lots of benefits and advantages check this link

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=14

There's a lot more to say on them, I read a lot of their articles ( Awake and Watchtower ) and their books, these people are great, it's just because that they don't serve NS in Singapore, the main reason why they are banned, other than that I think they are more useful and peaceful than others.

I hope Singapore would provide them alternative work service rather than Military Service.:p

i've met JW detainees during my lobo NS days at the detention barracks. to me, they're normal human beings but with different beliefs, thats all. the work they did during the day is sweep along the corridors, attend to the CSM's pond behind the admin building, help out the auntie at the mess during break times, give us cheap hair cuts (i remembered paying $1 for it).

me, being a lobo, was tasked to do some paper shredding at the admin office and while doing that, i made a big mess in the office. as usual, the CSM made noise and told me to get a broom and dustpan to clear the sh*t. cheif clerk told me to find the "brother" (what those JWs were addressed there). i got hold of one and told him i needed a broom and dustpan. i followed him to his store room. and he helped me out with the clean up.

he was addressing me Sir when i'm only a chao blur private, he opened all the doors that were in my way and never looked me in the eye when i talked to him. he only looked down as though i'm his superior. feel abit sad for him but i got to agree, the treatment they recieve in DB is more than 300% better than those yellow tee detainees. their free time normally, i see them reading novels or just attending to the CSM's fishes.

that was in 2003. don't know about now, though.

They were born in a wrong country, where freedom of religion doesn't exists. It is 2008, yet there are countries like Singapore who think like this. It's a pity, this people never kill anyone, never intend to, never put a bomb, never trained to, all they do is to study the bible and apply what they've learn. Do you know what ? if all people would think that killing and training to kill should be banned, we could have peace in the world, rather banning people that don't want to kill and train to kill. If all government in all countries would follow what they practice, no more soldiers, no more guns, no more swords let's live in peace ... it's a better world, right ?

are they actually banned? if its banned why do they even allow them to serve db instead of jailing them? i dont think its banned, some was knocking on my door few months back then, they are pretty polite too . ..

as for the blood transfusion thingy, its not suprising, there are other religions that have similar practise too. one famous case is that Bob Marley who refuse his toe amputation due to his belief and the cancer cells eventually spread to the rest of his body and reach terminal stage

http://i44.tinypic.com/54c3gg.gif