SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

car rental

Fried Rice

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got budget ?

lorry $40

lancer GLX $55

kangoo $60

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

If u rent cars often, consider signing up for car sharing instead. It is very convenient if u have a car sharing scheme very near your place.

Good thing abt car sharing is u can rent for short periods. Car rental is usually by day. Also u can return the car after office hours. Car rental requires you to return only when the office is open, which is not that convenient.

However, if it's just one time, car rental is the way to go.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/382836949_9f10369d74.jpg

If u rent cars often, consider signing up for car sharing instead. It is very convenient if u have a car sharing scheme very near your place.

Good thing abt car sharing is u can rent for short periods. Car rental is usually by day. Also u can return the car after office hours. Car rental requires you to return only when the office is open, which is not that convenient.

However, if it's just one time, car rental is the way to go.

I agree it's very convenient.

I've signed up with Whizzcar recently and you can book online anytime of the day like 15 mins before the schedule if the car is avaliable at the MSCP nearest to you. This is one feature i find very useful instead of going to the rental company directly

One thing to note, they charge by mileage on top of the free mileage given depending on the plan or the number of hours you book. Btw petrol is free using speedpass at the esso/mobile stns.

You must attend a test drive before you sign up as a member to determine your capabilty of handling the vehicle and the damage excess liabilty. If you do not passed the test drive, they will advice you to take a refresher's course at the driving centre.

As for cost wise, they will bill you monthly by credit card or giro.

Very convenient I say.

Edited by kano

e price.mostly is c e vehcile

sum 800-1k+

sum rental company dun rent to p-plate

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

my budget is below 100.. like maybe 70-80.

im planning to rent from 1-3 days..

i did google and read up on those rental companies..

i was wondering how they settle if got accidents or damage?

You have various insurance options. The higher the excess, the lower the insurance. Check with individual companies.

They usually do not rent out to P-plate drivers. Only persons listed on the rental form can drive the car.

I agree it's very convenient.

I've signed up with Whizzcar recently and you can book online anytime of the day like 15 mins before the schedule if the car is avaliable at the MSCP nearest to you. This is one feature i find very useful instead of going to the rental company directly

One thing to note, they charge by mileage on top of the free mileage given depending on the plan or the number of hours you book. Btw petrol is free using speedpass at the esso/mobile stns.

You must attend a test drive before you sign up as a member to determine your capabilty of handling the vehicle and the damage excess liabilty. If you do not passed the test drive, they will advice you to take a refresher's course at the driving centre.

As for cost wise, they will bill you monthly by credit card or giro.

Very convenient I say.

thanks for the website.. im looking at it now :)

e price.mostly is c e vehcile

sum 800-1k+

sum rental company dun rent to p-plate

yeah.. they even have age limit too

You have various insurance options. The higher the excess, the lower the insurance. Check with individual companies.

They usually do not rent out to P-plate drivers. Only persons listed on the rental form can drive the car.

i dun understand the part in bold. mind explaining please?

Excess is also known as deductible.

Let's say the excess is $1500, that means that should there be any damages, you will be liable to pay up to $1500.

Example 1: Damage cost $500. You pay $500.

Example 2: Damage cost $3000. You pay $1500.

If the excess is higher, usually the insurance premium will be lower because the insurance payout is reduced.

thanks for the website.. im looking at it now :)

yeah.. they even have age limit too

i dun understand the part in bold. mind explaining please?

Bro, how old are you?

Excess is also known as deductible.

Let's say the excess is $1500, that means that should there be any damages, you will be liable to pay up to $1500.

Example 1: Damage cost $500. You pay $500.

Example 2: Damage cost $3000. You pay $1500.

If the excess is higher, usually the insurance premium will be lower because the insurance payout is reduced.

thanks for explaining.. i understood both examples. :thumb:

as for " If the excess is higher, usually the insurance premium will be lower ," is it a good or bad thing? so its better to find a company with a policy of lower excess?

i hope my understanding of the phrase in bold is right. i have some difficulties understanding it actually :o

Bro, how old are you?

19.. still p plate :)

Not a question of whether better or not better. U have to decide how much excess you can bear. This is a question of risk sharing between you and the car rental company. If you want the car rental company to bear the risk, you pay more for insurance and get lower excess. If you want to bear the risk, you pay less for insurance and get higher excess. It's your judgement call.

I believe most if not all car rental companies do not rent to P plate. If they do the excess is likely to be super high :)

Not a question of whether better or not better. U have to decide how much excess you can bear. This is a question of risk sharing between you and the car rental company. If you want the car rental company to bear the risk, you pay more for insurance and get lower excess. If you want to bear the risk, you pay less for insurance and get higher excess. It's your judgement call.

I believe most if not all car rental companies do not rent to P plate. If they do the excess is likely to be super high :)

is the insurance included in the price rental of the car?

like for example, toyota camry car is $80 a day. so the insurance is included in it already?

hourly rentals are very expensive if you asked me. go for daily rental instead. you can drive all you want. especially for those who dont own a car, having a car for 1 day means you can buy lots of groceries, do your shopping, run erands etc...

Daily rentals are around 60-80 dollars, its not like you are renting it every week, so its quite ok to pay the money once in a while for convenience sake.

I used to do that until I got a car myself.

depends on your usage la.

is the insurance included in the price rental of the car?

like for example, toyota camry car is $80 a day. so the insurance is included in it already?

Are you sure you can get a camry at only $80? must be the old old type la. ANyway, rentals rates are inclusive of insurance. You dont really have to worry about the insurance part. Just ask the shop what are your excess and liability before you take teh car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Car Rental Scam

The public should also note that it is an offence to rent out private vehicles without the requisite insurance and permission from the Land Transport Authority.

Very true, all bros n sisters do take note. There are alot of illegally car rental companies around. They take in other ppl's private car and rent out, paying them a premium only, tats y they can offer so cheap rates. Dont get yourself into trouble, "I dont know" may not be acceptable.

For reliable car rental, I always patronise http://www.adrivecarrental.com.sg as they are near my house, they have branches in aljunied and bukit gombak mrt too. Take a look...

My 2-cents worth...

Edited by Gemini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Car Rental Scam

The culprit would propose to rent out vehicles to victims at low prices. Upon paying the rental fees, the victims realize that the vehicles do not belong to the culprit and are not available for rent at all.

The public should also note that it is an offence to rent out private vehicles without the requisite insurance and permission from the Land Transport Authority.

Second that again....

• 7 months later...

anyone ever rented a car from JB?

any good rental companies to recommend?

i just wanted to drive to Sepang for the MotoGP.

thanks!

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg