SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Help me out guys..SP or KR. ????

boi_17

HI fellow forummers.

Hope u guys would be wlling to share with me some info.

I am actually planning to buy a second hand Sp or Kr.

Which bike better ??

I have heard tat SP vibrates alot causing discomfort while riding is it true ??? (sp riders or experienced riders pls cmt).

I know tat in terms of speed sp lose out to kr but which bike is nicer to handle?? conering???

Thought i know sport bike r nt fuel eco which is better kr or sp ??

Most imporatantly how much does it cost to maintain a sp & how much is it for a kr ?? (pls ans this..i really neeed to know)

And which machine would u recommand for ur bro ?? y ??

would be nice if u guys info me of any problem abt sp or krr..eg like wat i heard sp vibrates causing discomfort near the groins and thighs..

hope to hear from u guys. thanks. peace riders

Edited by boi_17

I am not a racer. I am a rider.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And which machine would u recommand for ur bro ?? y ??

For my brothers in real life, whether related or unrelated, i would not recommend either bikes. :cheeky:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

For my brothers in real life, whether related or unrelated, i would not recommend either bikes. :cheeky:

Hahaha..u nice bro ah. Nt recommanding sport bikes. Hmm but I quite keen on getting a Sp or kr uh bro.

Edited by boi_17

i second that. lol

Selling Aprilia Front, Rear Brakes & Dellorto 34mm Carb !

Selling Aprilia Parts!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/304715-WTS-Aprilia-Front-amp-Rear-Brakes-Full-Set-amp-Dellorto-34mm-Carb!

PM me for more info! :cheeky:

speed sp lose to kr?

Who teach u this?

I rode sp before for 6 years, but don't seem to remember feling extreme vibrations.

I rode kr here and there too.

U ask which i recommend,

I say i recommend u kr.

What i meant abt the speed is top speed. If i am nt wrong kr can hit a top speed 190km/h wherelse sp only 150km/h. But seriously speed dosent matter to me.

Bro since u riding Sp for 6 years do u mind telling how much u pay to maintain ur bike ???

Thanks for ur recommendation will consider it.. :D

take kr ,

cause kr much faster then sp

hmm ok.

Other then speed which aspect do u think a sp lose out to kr ??

bro u ride wat bike ??....sp is it (ur display put sp) ??

if SP how much maitainace u pay per month ???

Does ur SP give u any problem ??

the only thing bad about KR for p-plate riders is insurance cost.... insurance cost easily 50% of your machine price....

Oh ya i have heard about tat too. Heard P-plate insurance for kr is $1000++ wherelse sp only around $800.

Anyways thanks for sharing the info man. Appreciate it. :D

monthly maintenance of SP isant too bad, fuel consumption is around 20-22km/l so full tank should cost u around $18-20. top up depending on how much u run around and how much u wack your bike....

2T 1 month around $20 is a lot already... brake pads, coolant, engine oil and spark plugs just change regularly and your fine...

where SP or KR will cost u is repairs... because both bikes tend to be old and abused by previous owners, they might have a lot of problems that are going to cost u in the workshop.. sometimes the bike has been modded very extensively which will result in better top speed or pick up but will drink your petrol like nobody business...

to sum up, monthly maintenance is low but repairs are costly (provided it was not taken care of by previous owner).....

Cheap + fast = no good

Cheap + good = not fast

Good + fast = not cheap

>>>(wise words from ahduck)<<<

monthly maintenance of SP isant too bad, fuel consumption is around 20-22km/l so full tank should cost u around $18-20. top up depending on how much u run around and how much u wack your bike....

2T 1 month around $20 is a lot already... brake pads, coolant, engine oil and spark plugs just change regularly and your fine...

where SP or KR will cost u is repairs... because both bikes tend to be old and abused by previous owners, they might have a lot of problems that are going to cost u in the workshop.. sometimes the bike has been modded very extensively which will result in better top speed or pick up but will drink your petrol like nobody business...

to sum up, monthly maintenance is low but repairs are costly (provided it was not taken care of by previous owner).....

Hey man thanks for the info.Really helped me alot.lucky u mention abt previous owners. Now I will make sure I take a bike which has fewer owner. Lesser owner hope lesser damage done to bike la hahaha. Thanks !!

Hahaha..u nice bro ah. Nt recommanding sport bikes. Hmm but I quite keen on getting a Sp or kr uh bro.

I would recommend OTHER sports bike. Just not those 2 in particular and a few others.

Now you know why?

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

I would recommend OTHER sports bike. Just not those 2 in particular and a few others.

Now you know why?

hmm true enough. But what other sport-bike u recommand ?? (i only gt 2b license)

TZM???? but tat also very old. i think TZM worse then KR and SP when comes to number of owner as it came out in 1990's.

3rd that! for obvious reasons.

i personally think both bikes should be scrapped for good.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2610xz6.jpg

T r i u m p h S t r e e t T r i p l e

You would probably change to a spark 3 to 6 months down the road. Everybody is doing that I do not understand why hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Anyway most krr and sp would have multi layers of paint coatings and epoxy+putty fixes behind its fairings. Think thrice before you waste your cash on one.

You would probably change to a spark 3 to 6 months down the road. Everybody is doing that I do not understand why hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Anyway most krr and sp would have multi later of paint coatings and epoxy+putty fixes behind its fairings. Think thrice before you waste your cash on one.

Well said. to add on to my comment. i wonder which sp/krr has not had a dead rider so far (Might be sterotyping abit). Alot of the times i hear deaths come from these two bikes. and they are reconditioned and placed back on sale again :)

http://i38.tinypic.com/2610xz6.jpg

T r i u m p h S t r e e t T r i p l e

Hey man thanks for the info.Really helped me alot.lucky u mention abt previous owners. Now I will make sure I take a bike which has fewer owner. Lesser owner hope lesser damage done to bike la hahaha. Thanks !!

not necessarily lesser owners = better condition.... maybe the last guy really never take care of the bike?

when you buy an old bike you have to bear in mind that you are not only buying the machine, but also the inherit problems.... at least if you buy new bike the dealer will settle problems for you for the first xxxxxxxkm....

but having said that, i dont think its fair to condemn all SP or KR... they are many rider's introduction to the world of motorcycles as they are a cheap (though dated) platform for people to learn about their machines.... also, since they are rather simple 2-stroke bikes they can be easily modified here and there to squeeze extra performance....

when i was first looking at which 2B bike to get, all my friends were telling me to ride a kup because its cheap to buy, cheap to maintain and great on petrol.... but despite all their good advice, i still stuck with my SP.... even thought it cost me a lot to restore its condition (change piston, chain, jettings, cdi, brake pads, brake pump, service stomach) i still love it....

moral of the story: buy what you like and buy whats in your budget.... no point getting a bike you dont love, and no point buying a bike you cant maintain...

Cheap + fast = no good

Cheap + good = not fast

Good + fast = not cheap

>>>(wise words from ahduck)<<<

Had an sp for about a year, if you can get one that is in ok condition, quite cheap to maintain. Get the cheapest for everything. One whole year only use 4 bottles of 2T $6, change spark plug once $2, monthly 4T oil change $10. But don't spend too much on it. Limit your budget to $1000++ You don't want to keep it forever. Quite uncomfortable to ride compared to 2A bikes.

moral of the story: buy what you like and buy whats in your budget.... no point getting a bike you dont love, and no point buying a bike you cant maintain...

True dat. But i believe that you can grow into loving your bike. If i got a phantom for my first bike instead of my ybr, i think i will grow to love it, even though how much i hate choppers, or in the case of a phantom, a fake chopper. (Dun flame me lols.) Hell, come to think of it, i was young and 19, and people laugh at me when i got a ybr. Only the more older and experienced rider did not. At the end of the day, i had the last laugh because many of them riding sp or kr, spent so much on maintanence, repairs and all others crap.

If you really want a 2 stroke, i would say get a rxz or even a vespa px150. I have heard too many stories of guys like die die want sp/kr so much, and they are so stubborn, 2 years down the road they can still say "i love my bike" or "i'm sticking with it" when they barely take their bikes out because need to repair something or just wanna save petrol because with that kind of fuel consumption and problems, might as well get an s4 or drz.

Just my humblest opinion.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

True dat. But i believe that you can grow into loving your bike. If i got a phantom for my first bike instead of my ybr, i think i will grow to love it, even though how much i hate choppers, or in the case of a phantom, a fake chopper. (Dun flame me lols.) Hell, come to think of it, i was young and 19, and people laugh at me when i got a ybr. Only the more older and experienced rider did not. At the end of the day, i had the last laugh because many of them riding sp or kr, spent so much on maintanence, repairs and all others crap.

If you really want a 2 stroke, i would say get a rxz or even a vespa px150. I have heard too many stories of guys like die die want sp/kr so much, and they are so stubborn, 2 years down the road they can still say "i love my bike" or "i'm sticking with it" when they barely take their bikes out because need to repair something or just wanna save petrol because with that kind of fuel consumption and problems, might as well get an s4 or drz.

Just my humblest opinion.

Well said.

That is why I do not recommend a 2 stroke bike to all friends, but nonetheless, they will still buy it.

Though the engine is simple, the way the way it operates is somewhat different from the bike a learner rides at the driving school. If the poor guy has no one the guide him, he would probably ended up like me 5 years back with all paranoid problems coming up, and getting carroted by all the goofy shop for little issues.

Want fuel consumption? Want Low maintenance? Want to ride fast hit the redlines all the time? Want Power?

If demand all of these in one bike its almost impossible. Its how one ride the bike, one may start with an sp and ride at almost full throttle all the time, then one should expect VERY higher frequency of servicing and shouldn't go whining about financial issues overwhelming personal interest and later go sell the bike.

Alternatively one can choose to go below the speed limits all the time, ride slowly, use 6bucks 2T, change 4T every 6000km, change your spark plug 12000km. The bike would still be in ridable condition after a year. It works! No piston seize, little maintenance problems encountered!

Interest in sports bike? Save it for something better bro, the save would be definitely worth it, very very worth it. You can start the maths now.

Well said. to add on to my comment. i wonder which sp/krr has not had a dead rider so far (Might be sterotyping abit). Alot of the times i hear deaths come from these two bikes. and they are reconditioned and placed back on sale again :)

eh bro what is this? it's not e bike its e rider. U put an idiot on a ybr he will still end up in between a road divider.

krr/sp/tzm are dangerous machinez... but dey are darn fun. Not like those2b "sportsbikes" of todae. Looks fast but NO power! If u wanna get a kr, learn 2 respect the machine and u b fine.

Between SP and KR, i wd recommend the kr as well =)

What i meant abt the speed is top speed. If i am nt wrong kr can hit a top speed 190km/h wherelse sp only 150km/h. But seriously speed dosent matter to me.

Bro since u riding Sp for 6 years do u mind telling how much u pay to maintain ur bike ???

Thanks for ur recommendation will consider it.. :D

my stock sp can go 180km/h

on meter.

anyway kr meter is more inaccurate than sp.

I never count how much i spent.

Anyway, from experience,

-kr more fuel efficent.

-kr lighter.

-kr better rear suspension.

-kr easier to make faster.

-kr more comfortable seat.

-kr more prone to have starting problem.

-sp swingarm more complicated and very heavy.

-sp to service valve need to open cylinder.

-sp wider rim.

-sp rectifier more prone to problem.

-sp easier to heat up.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4931040347_0bda87b07d_b.jpg

Anyway most krr and sp would have multi layers of paint coatings and epoxy+putty fixes behind its fairings. Think thrice before you waste your cash on one.

Me riding a spark??? I don't think tat will occur.hahaha. epoxy+putty ??? What's tat sry bro I still quite new to bikes , u mind to help me out ??? :D