SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

The GSXR 600,750 & 1000 Hangout. Where All GSXR Riders Chill And Gather!!

MPeX

One rule.. never bypass a clutch safety switch. Your mapping will go back to neutral.

Fixed it and its a beast now.

Never remove or tamper the clutch safety switch as it will bring the bike into safety mode which will run rich and bike operates "differently"

on the topic of clutch safety switch.. i must admit i am clueless when it comes to technical details, other than the basic servicing etcetc.

i understand that we need to clutch in before we can start the bike.

my current bike, does not need to clutch in (physically with the clutch level),

just turn on a switch (installed by previous previous owner) together with the ignition button,

and the bike will start.

then after bike is started, turn off the "clutch switch" before riding. if not, the FI code will come on.

previous owner told me that this is necessary because of the aftermarket clutch lever installed (??? seriously?).

anyway i have been wondering if this switch has messed up any of the bike's settings..

plus i m the 4th owner of the bike, n many things that previous owners have done to the bike i dont know about (lost in translation).

currently im getting 13-14km/litre fuel consumption on my k9 1000.. which i feel is a little on the poor side.

and i feel it is a bit difficult with my shifting of gears between 1-N-2 up and down both ways..

can get quite clunky and hard..

any guys have any input?

• Replies 82.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milan

• TyrÃl

• lo-on

• MC28

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooo r6 so chio. R u heading down with a group of your ka-kis?

ya. jus a few bikes. nv track alone. its gd to look out for each other

Aprilia RS 125

Honda NSR 150SP

Honda CBR 400RRR

Suzuki GSXR 1000K4

KIA Cerato Forte 1.6SX

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0GT

Yamaha YZF-R6 12

Quote: Prettymussel

-the clutch part is normal to have a switch after installing aftermarket levers e.g Brembo

*the switch is necessary to remain otherwise bike will stall any point of time during riding

-gear shifting maybe due to chain/sprocket/footrest adjustments

Past Ride: FV5283E(KRR150) FL1135D(GSXR400RP) FQ1692K(CBR400RR) FQ2815S(NSR250RSP) FY7366X(Y125Z) FS366Z(YZF-R6S) FX8000A(Y125Z) FQ6261M(NSR250RSP) FBD1686U(GSX-R 1000 K8) FX8000A(SYM NEW FIGHTER 150) FBL2085E(YZF-R1 RN22)

Present Ride:

-

Live To Ride :popcorn:

Quote: Prettymussel

-the clutch part is normal to have a switch after installing aftermarket levers e.g Brembo

*the switch is necessary to remain otherwise bike will stall any point of time during riding

-gear shifting maybe due to chain/sprocket/footrest adjustments

ok got it.. thks!

i have a brand new set tyres of SC2 120 front / 180 back. Anyone keen can PM me. Selling cause i sold my bike and not going track already.

There is someone out there for me

I know there is someone out there

I know she is waiting so patiently yeah

Can you tell me her name?

(Somebody tell me her name)

This life-long search is gonna drive me insane

How does she laugh?

How does she cry?

What's the color of her eyes?

Does she even realize I'm here?

Where is she? Where is she? Where is she?

Where is this beautiful girl?Who is she? Who is she?

Who is gonna complete my world?

(J. Roman & Soluna 'Where are you')

NAME YOUR PRICE AND I WILL CONSIDER!!!

i) LEOVINCE TITANIUM CORSA FULL SYSTEM(DUAL AND SINGLE) - NON LEGAL

ii) LEOVINCE STREET LEGAL FULL SYSTEM(SINGLE AND WIT CERT)

iii) Motty AFR Tuner

ALL for $2.5k!!

i) ORIENT EXPRESS race clutch springs

S$80!

i) GRAVES Motorsports Fender eliminator

S$30!

i) PC III

ii) IGNITION MODULE

BOTH S$400!

i) BPD BAZZAZ Quickshifter

S$400!

i) GALFER rear Brakedisc

S$80!

Thank you!

If need more photos, can watsapp @ 92962314! Pics and DESCRIPTION in garage sale...

uuuuuuuuppppppppsssssssssss

Bikes

1) Honda Super4 SpecII -> 12/03 to 03/06

2) Kawa Z1000 03 -> 03/06 to 03/07

3) Honda Super4 VtecI -> 07/06 to 04/07

4) Suzy GSX-R1000 K7 -> 04/07 to 07/11

5) Husky SMR510 08 -> 08/09 to 08/15

6) Yamy Spark135 07 -> 10/07 to Currently

7) Triumph Tiger Explorer -> 05/12 to 05/18

8) Husky FE350 -> 12/15 to Currently

HI, can check with you guys what is the price for used gsxr 600 k7 abv? And anyone deal with Bike Production before? Any hidden charges? (Eg. Must renew insurance with else penalty, early settlement fee, etc).

Erm, if you go ask them(bike production), they will be quite ok to tell you all the charges.

got

-agreement fee

-admin fee

and yes there's early settlement for them. They do charge that.

then they say insurance must renew through them.

and your insurance cannot anyhow add subrider all these must go through them also.

And the insurance company is depending on them, not you choose.

And their attitude sometime abit......

I think you go clarify with them la. If can take loan from somewhere else i think better. Cause the early settlement is one sian thing.

(Honda NSR150SP, 2000) FR2**1U -------->2009 to 2011

(Suzuki GSXR600K7, 2006) FBC3**C ------>2011 to 2013

(Yamaha X1R, 2008) FBC6**6E ------------>2013 to 2014

(Aprilia RSV4 Factory, 2010) FBE3**7P --->2014 to 2015

Ride safe and you will be able to enjoy every ride in your life till old. :thumb:

HI, can check with you guys what is the price for used gsxr 600 k7 abv? And anyone deal with Bike Production before? Any hidden charges? (Eg. Must renew insurance with else penalty, early settlement fee, etc).

And i just sold my K7 for 8k left 3.5years stock condition and because i want the guy to reloan from bike production so that i can ease my early settlement. I actually selling at 8.5.

So K7 with accessories should be ard 9.5k to 10k or somewhere that i assume.

Then k8 should be 11 to 13k

all im referring is 600 not 750 or 1000

But all these prices are assumed by me la. should go check it out and see what's the price of other bikes in the forum.

(Honda NSR150SP, 2000) FR2**1U -------->2009 to 2011

(Suzuki GSXR600K7, 2006) FBC3**C ------>2011 to 2013

(Yamaha X1R, 2008) FBC6**6E ------------>2013 to 2014

(Aprilia RSV4 Factory, 2010) FBE3**7P --->2014 to 2015

Ride safe and you will be able to enjoy every ride in your life till old. :thumb:

Anyone selling legal aftermarket pipe for k8 600? Pm if hv. N whats the basic fuel consumtion for 600?

class 2B~ 24 april 2008

class 2A~ 14 july 2009

Class 2 ~ 17 april 2013

Class 3 ~ 26 october 2010

Kawasaki zx krr 150=07/05/08-15/08/09

honda cb400 super 4 spec 1=21/08/09-04/03/2013

Yamaha spark 135 = 12/03/13-03/05/13

Suzuki gsxr600k8 = 04/05/13-current

Noob qn... Anyone know why there's a continuous "sssss" sound when i push my bike. I cant hear it from the roar of the engine while riding. Also bike tends to chatter on the front axel even when free wheeling.

Read the sound might be normal... as long theres no intermittent braking. Only other possibility, worn front bearings.

Opinions guys?

update: ahh nvm... apparently its all cause of the brakes... freeplay causing the chatter. and brake pads lightly scraping the disks

Edited by Sala

GUys, my gsxr 600 k7 suddenly have very weird engine rhytm, like running very slowly. When moving off, i felt a lag of power, thinking that i might be hallucinating, i continued riding, after the next traffic light, when moving off, my bike power was suddenly sluggish, so i immediately stopped at a bustop in front. trying to switch on my hazard lights with the engine still running, i realize my hazard lights are not working, my RPM meter also dropped to zero. Some how seems like electronic failure. Sensing something was wrong, i tried to restart the bike, and the bike was stuck at the 8888 screen. tried a few times, manage to get into the normal screen once, but the ignition red key light was flashing. Push start also doesnt seem to work. Anybody know what could be the reason? Battery was just changed not too long ago. So i suspect. might be the Key Chip Programme was suddenly disabled. I havent tested my other key yet, will do it tomorrow. Any ppl faced similar problems where key's programming chip failed. What are the symtoms?

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400