SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF Yamaha YBR Lovers 2008

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been reading the forum...just wanna share this info.

i ve tried many diff settings for sprockets.

BESt i can recommend is Front 15 and rear 40..

100kmh rpm 6kplus..m 1.88m and 130kg..:)

CDI v rarely spoil. mine has lasted a good 4yrs+ or 160000km+..:thumb:

Rectifier too...

As for stator coil...only buy from Chong Aik or HL.

Its abt $110 w/gst and QC passed product.

Battery don use dry cell.WOnt last

clutch plates can try using phantom 150 ones..

overall its a v good bike guys...just tt it looks dated and in sg Kups r more popular :)

DO some PMT...

the reason the oil is submerged is to keep Stator cool...but if u use super cheap oil... b sure to replace it every 1000km+

I ride ny bike for work and i cover about 280km per day in sg only..

i can vouch for bike's reliability

PROVIDED maintenance is done :-)

Thanks for the offer crazydj. I bought a new starter motor last week. Tested and it spins.

I'll try the clutch in method first.

Btw, how do you check whether your coil or cdi is spoilt just by DIY? Any special instruments i must have? Thought if cdi spoilt, your bike cant rev high rpms?

How much are these 2 items each?

Cdi spoil most prob cant start or wont idle.

Coil spoil bike can start when its cool....but when heated up it will die off.

My 2cents worth :-)

Coil bout $110 from Chong AIk 0r HL...

CDi cant chck bro...unless u want to send for re mapping /derestrict :-)

Many been asking me... its a XR22L acerbis tank..just plug and play.

NO need any mod BUT..

head light fairing need to grind off both left and right

side cover wont fit...(send to first motor for fiber)

bike frame need to drill thru...

and invert the original brackets:thumb:

Hope this helps ;-)

Tts v rare bro... u wanna try Ban HOck heng... defu lane...they might have spares to sell...

Thanks bro. Will check it out.

:btw: anybody knows if there is a headlight conversion kit to the round type?

Regardless Of Bike Class, Colour, Make Or Model

Live To Ride Bike While We Still Can

Always Ride A Honda :thumb:

I fiddled with the idea of using those round headlights. Then when i actually took out the head fairing to figure out where can i fit the wiring to put a round headlight, i couldn't think of an easy way to hide the wires.

How you guys propose to hide the wires if you guys converted to the round headlights?

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

I fiddled with the idea of using those round headlights. Then when i actually took out the head fairing to figure out where can i fit the wiring to put a round headlight, i couldn't think of an easy way to hide the wires.

How you guys propose to hide the wires if you guys converted to the round headlights?

I don't see that as a big issue but usually most of the wiring should be hidden at the back of the headlight cover.

seems not many ybr riders here

True but definitely more on the road..

There is a Cisco certis guy who parks YBR with 2 Givi e21 boxes in my MSCP. With the boxes the bike looks good :thumb:

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

Lets all have an overrated YBR riders meeting or something. Every other bike owner is doing it! YAY! :cheeky:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

bros any idea of making the ybr a bit faster in terms of top speed? the max downhill i can go is only 120 wo pillion. and when it reaches 90-100km/h the bike starts to vibrate alr. 8-9k rpm. y'all ybr top speed is around the same as mine? :( feels like wanna mod, if CAN mod :cheeky:

I weigh 100kg plus with my cargo. Straight road can only go 100km/h @8k rpm. Downhill can go 120km/h @ 8k+ rpm. Tyre pressure front and back are 175kpa and 280kpa.

The only way i see that we can increase top speed is to change the sprocket ratio. Other than that, how much can you squeeze from a 4-stroke 120+kg 125cc bike...

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

bros any idea of making the ybr a bit faster in terms of top speed? the max downhill i can go is only 120 wo pillion. and when it reaches 90-100km/h the bike starts to vibrate alr. 8-9k rpm. y'all ybr top speed is around the same as mine? :( feels like wanna mod, if CAN mod :cheeky:

Well YBR wasn't meant for speed bro. Your could try the sprockets like what crazydj and vqz_racing mentioned.

:btw: is it me or i feel the seat cushion just sux...

I weigh 100kg plus with my cargo. Straight road can only go 100km/h @8k rpm. Downhill can go 120km/h @ 8k+ rpm. Tyre pressure front and back are 175kpa and 280kpa.

The only way i see that we can increase top speed is to change the sprocket ratio. Other than that, how much can you squeeze from a 4-stroke 120+kg 125cc bike...

yeah not much to do to increase the speed. btw what suspensions you're using? is it the stock one? mine was the stock one and then it made some noise then I change a few months ago, and it still made noise. sound like those "cracky" doors. is the suspension not good or its cause by others?

yeah not much to do to increase the speed. btw what suspensions you're using? is it the stock one? mine was the stock one and then it made some noise then I change a few months ago, and it still made noise. sound like those "cracky" doors. is the suspension not good or its cause by others?

Hmm, i think your suspension never oil or something. Or it could be the connectors to the frame that got problem. What suspension setting you use? I am using the default 2, which i find is just nice.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]