SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim Roadwin

patrick15

Originally posted by 2B Rider@Nov 17 2004, 10:52 PM

Hi StSoh

Thanks for the detail information of how to getting a bike.

by the way, any idea of Daystar? I want to buy a 2nd hand Daystar.

it looks good and big in 2B class. what do you think?

i think u should post your Qs in the cruiser section about daystar, sorry this section is about roadwin.

best person to ask is 'nights' if u have interest to buy a second hand daystar, he might be willing to sell his daystar to u.

:cheeky:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi 2 fellow owners,

today i found a crack on welded part of the mounting bracket for the front licence plate cos i felt a kind of strange vibration when i was accelerating.

took out the bracket n went down to an industrial estate nearby n asked a metal shop to reweld it 4 me, it took only 2 seconds to do the job.

so take a look at the welded joint of this bracket. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to add a bit of my Roadwin experience.......

-Fuel consumption around 33-35 km/l because i aways drag engine above 5K rev to 6 K rev.

-The back box(red) that comes with my bike is Zeus brand and only 45 litres. I feel it is much too small and i recommend GIVI one of bigger size that can fit in 2 helmets and yr raincoat and stuff. Since i request for a red one, so the Chong kok boss gave me the smaller and cheaper zeus one instead of the GIVI bigger one. So rem to ask for it

- I just bought a good gloves from 219 shop at lavender st for only $20. it is 219 house brand, cheap and good quality, although no brand, i feel it is a good investment. recently fell from my bike and scratch my palm, so now always wear gloves when i rid bike liao......

• 2 weeks later...

Halo... Im new in this topic...

I have read all the related pages and reply...

May I know where is chong kok situtated.???

is there a more detail road name or map .??

hope to to recieve a reply...

hx for your reply...

Fm: interested guy....

Originally posted by tricx@Dec 18 2004, 03:09 AM

Halo... Im new in this topic...

I have read all the related pages and reply...

May I know where is chong kok situtated.???

is there a more detail road name or map .??

hope to to recieve a reply...

hx for your reply...

Fm: interested guy....

these r the addresses of ck n it's branches, go to http://www.can.com.sg n key postal code for map location.

Head Quater: No. 79, Kaki Bukit Ave 1, Shun Li Industrial Park. Singapore 417952

Tel:6748-5488 Fax:6748-3433

Changi Area: 332, Changi Road. Singapore 419807

Tel:6345-8989/6342-0886

Jurong Area: Blk 343 #01-63 Jurong East St 31. Singapore 600343

Tel:6566-6180 Fax:6566-6606

Yishun Area: Blk 1014 #01-106 Yishun Industrial Park 'A'. Singapore 768756

Tel:6756-5941 Fax:6756-5471

Bukit Batok, Midview buidling.

50 bukit batok st 23, midview building #02-03. Singapore 659578

Tel: 6461-3005 Fax: 6461-3008

how much u all pay mthly for ur bike and insurance..? which of them parts more easy to find...?? and which is more cheaper..?? Comet 125 or Roadwin 125..?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/bearsvaluebaby/fireworks718ROXCfmFBsffgif.gif

2005 - SSDC - Class 2B

2006 - BBDC - Class 2A

2008 - CDC - Class 2

Originally posted by totalpet@Dec 22 2004, 11:19 PM

how much u all pay mthly for ur bike and insurance..? which of them parts more easy to find...?? and which is more cheaper..?? Comet 125 or Roadwin 125..?

roadwin otr follow this thread,

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....dpost&p=1384595

i can't comment on comet but i'm riding roadwin n find it is a quality bike, no doubt it is more expensive in it's category.

it's features r great comparing to others like tyres size, frame, riding posture, large fuel plastic tank (16L, will not rust n can last >500km), 4-valve technology used by bigger bikes, exhaust pipe chrome still shinning after >6 months of riding.

i prefer roadster but some like sportser or cruiser or scrambler, individual preference. i been riding for many years i find this is better than most in it's category.

:goodluck: on your bike selection. :goodluck:

Originally posted by totalpet@Dec 23 2004, 11:53 AM

stsoh...

u haven't told mi how much u pay mthly for ur bike and ur insinance..?

i paid cash $6.8k on-the-road in april, COE was $200+ b4 it went uphill to >$1k.

my insurance is $588 (1st party) cos i'm wat u call an uncle (old man). :smile:

closest now is kevin so u can take his reference.

did u read the above linked thread that i posted? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi everybody,

I am a french man so scuse me if I am badly writing in english ! :sorry: I own one Daelim Roadwin 125 and I would like to chang my exhaust and I saw it existed one exhaust for the Roadwin in Moriwaki and as I read on this topic you spoke it, I would like to have more informations with links, if it is possible .

Thank you, very much. :thumb:

Originally posted by french_biker@Oct 31 2005, 07:17 AM

Hi everybody,

I am a french man so scuse me if I am badly writing in english ! :sorry:  I own one Daelim Roadwin 125 and I would like to chang my exhaust and I saw it existed one exhaust for the Roadwin in Moriwaki and as I read on this topic you spoke it, I would like to have more informations with links, if it is possible .

Thank you, very much. :thumb:

hi french_biker,

welcome to sbf......:cheer:

come n join on a newer thread section post in naked bikes section.

there is a roadwin thread as we continue this topic. :smile:

reason is we don't to jump here n there in 2 sections, as in this 'bikes specs & reviews' have stop since jan.

question: r u living in singapore? :confused:

cos singapore have restriction: changing whole exhaust system is not permited. :giddy:

in singapore, cka - daelim agent can get moriwaki system 4 u but using it in sillypore is not allow, it's illegal. :mad:

if u r in france, there is a webby http://www.dp.online.fr , u should try n ask them. :cheeky:

Hi, thanks to asked me !

Rightly, I registered myself on this web-site http://www.dp.online.fr but we are searching on differents web-sites one exhaust compatible with our Roadwin. I dont' think in France the exhaust Moriwaki is illégal BUT at first we must to find where we can to buy it !!!!

And you ? Do you modify the exhaust on your Roadwin ? If yes, how (accessory, do-it-yourself) ?

Thanks a lot !

Ho ya, one little question : I thaught in Singapour you the chinese !

Ho ya, one little question : I thaught in Singapour you the chinese !

singapore is a mix culture nation, small country.

yes, i'm chinese.

we have populations ratio: chinese(60%), malay(20%), indian(15%), others(05%).....so as speak. :smile:

most of us r educated in 2 languages: first in english then second will be either chinese, malay or indian. :cheeky:

we r multi-languages ethics in other words....

coming back to rw mod......u can read most of my mod from this thread

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....dpost&p=1458220

Moriwaki - information from Spain - roadwin.net

note: if u r really interested send email/fax to cka(daelim-agent), they do sell stainless steel racing exhaust header(the portion from engine to muffler), some rw owners r using it but will be stained yellowish-brown color after heated, unlike the original which is remain as in beautiful silver. comparing the exhaust racing header which is a stainless-steel pipe, has a larger inner diameter than the original pipe (has an inner sleeve).

we like to be in singapore.naked.bikes - daelim roadwin, please continue your comments in there.

like i say before, it is troublesome to jump between two forum threads in two different postings.

:smile:

• 1 month later...

been reading this thread for a while now! just joined and im a naked bike guy :) hoping to get one end of next year when im back in Singapore... currently riding a suzuki bandit 250 here in Thailand. the roadwin looks pretty nice, but does it come with larger engines?? im looking for a 250cc at least. the design does look good though, i must say! The comet doesn't quite look as tasty as the roadwin.

Originally posted by slipstream@Dec 9 2005, 06:34 PM

been reading this thread for a while now! just joined and im a naked bike guy :) hoping to get one end of next year when im back in Singapore... currently riding a suzuki bandit 250 here in Thailand. the roadwin looks pretty nice, but does it come with larger engines?? im looking for a 250cc at least. the design does look good though, i must say! The comet doesn't quite look as tasty as the roadwin.

doesn't have 250cc like hyosung comet but......

yes, there is a larger capacity RW.....named 'X5'.

actual engine cc is 140cc, even though the sticker is 150cc.

this is 2005 model, with additional 1 horsepower compared to 125cc.

u have to do minor mods to improve it's ride abilities, stock is setup to meet environmental std.

especially the carburation (setup is lean), drive sprocket (geared high).

handling is superb, stable, large wide tyres n good brakes.

large capacity fuel tank (16 litres), good to travel long distance (480km/tank).

continue reading n add your comments in SingaporeBikes.Naked Bikes Thread, we stop here n continue at then newly created naked bike section.

enjoy... :smile:

Originally posted by stsoh@Nov 1 2005, 11:09 AM

singapore is a mix culture nation, small country.

yes, i'm chinese.

we have populations ratio: chinese(60%), malay(20%), indian(15%), others(05%).....so as speak. :smile:

most of us r educated in 2 languages: first in english then second will be either chinese, malay or indian. :cheeky:

we r multi-languages ethics in other words....

Hi stsoh

A little trivial . The pop stats for Sg :

- Singstat figures as at june 2005 says: Total: 3.55 million, Chinese 2.68million (75%), malays 0.48 million (14%), Indians 0.31 millions, Others 0.07 mill (2%).

Nice of you to be a good ambassador for our oversea frens!

cheers

Originally posted by vfrT@Dec 10 2005, 08:56 AM

Hi stsoh

A little trivial . The pop stats for Sg :

- Singstat figures as at june 2005 says: Total: 3.55 million, Chinese 2.68million (75%), malays 0.48 million (14%), Indians 0.31 millions, Others 0.07 mill (2%).

Nice of you to be a good ambassador for our oversea frens!

cheers

hahaha, my estimated figures r really off.....so as speak.

i put too much percentage on indian friends cos seem like there r more now.

just an estimate, wasn't mend to be very precise...anyway thanks for the info.

hehehe :cheeky:

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by stsoh@Nov 15 2004, 04:30 PM

anyway if u decide to buy roadwin, these r wat my recommendations:

1) buy a windshield, i got givi (model: A750) for S$220 but u can find a cheaper windshield like piug for S$140.

2) change the front/rear sprocket to 15t/40t (it costs S$20/S$30, orig 14t/42t), it's a better ride on the expressway (u loose pickup a little bit).

3) change the handle grip to foam grip, i brought it for S$8 a pair at kelantan road a few shops b4 LAB.

4) forget about any fuel catalyst, i've tried it didn't work.

5) use semi-syn engine oil for engine break-in after first 500km, first service change oil n oil filter (S$7).

after 2000 km service, i recommend u use 20w/50 oil (currently i'm using royal purple max-cycle 20w-50 motorcycle oil, S$16).

change oil filter every alternative oil change means change one filter replacement for every two oil changes if u change engine oil every 2000km but if u change engine oil at 5000km recommend u change oil filter at the same time too.

manual recommend engine revolutions(rpm) not exceeding 5000rpm during engine break-in, so not to worry if u exceed to 6000 rpm for a short burst (overtaking).

6) buy a tank pad(

7) buy a can of PJ1 chain lub blue label (S$9), lubricate your chain every 300~500km or when chain roller looks shinning. spray the chain n rotates your rear wheel for about 15 seconds, if u over do it your rear rim will be splashed sticky sludges (u can use wd40 to clean it).

8) change ignitor plug(S$3) every 10,000 km or when it is difficult to start your engine.

lastly buy yourself a glove, i know full glove r difficult to take thing out from your pockets. i brought myself those cheap leather half glove (without finger tips) for S$5 (bell) from chong aik warehouse sale (some protection r better than none, have been many accidents/fell down/crashed n still up riding).

:smile:

G'day Mr stsoh & roadwin bros,

This is quite an interesting forum for Roadwin that we have here. I'm fr KL & just bought the 2nd hand roadwin fr one friend of mine last month, he used it nearly a year. That time i bought, the milage was 7k ++, worth me buying at MYR 5.2k. I'm fascinated by it's bold shape although it wasn't that good at speed. I have been keep an eye on this forum since last week but haven't got time to read all the reviews posted. Infact, I follow the basic steps to handle this bike mostly suggested by stsoh but I'm not changing anything. I think it is cool with the true identity & originality. I have some Qs to ask for you all, Roadwin bros. 1st, normally when I start the bike every morning, I will let the engine warm up abt 5-10 mins. But when i start to ride, step on the 1st gear, the bike jerk but the engine didn't stop. This thing happened every morning, once before I begin my journey to office. I can say, it also happened after I park the bike more than 3 hrs, which the engine already begin to cool down. It never happened while I stop at the traffic light or in other situation. Is it normal for this bike or it need some adjustment (carb setting probably) ? Is it the setting ok if the indicator needle shows rpm at 1 when the engine start ? Or it should be less than 1 ? Previously I rode RXZ, so I'm not good on this bike. 2nd Q, how much actually the fuel left inside the tank if the indicator shows in red area ? Sometimes, when I chked, it looks like still have abt 1l to 2l left (I think so) although the needle indicates nearly below the red area. Hopefully to get the answers fr other Roadwin pro-riders out there ;) . Overall I can say, Roadwin is a small bike but with a big soul. Cheers & happy riding !!!

hi solo rider,

this is an old thread, we move to a newer thread. please click here singaporebikes naked bikes - roadwin

to answer some of your questions:

1) i usually gives 2~3 mins warm up b4 moving off.

2) when engaged 1st gear, the jerk is likely tat the chain is slacking. u need to tighten up with 1" up-down slack. please read owner's manual how to do it or let bike shop do it for u.

3) u can adjust the carb idling screw to increase idling rpm, manual indicate 1.5k rpm but for our hot climate 1.2k rpm should be alrite. 1k rpm is too low when it is raining/cool weather engine might die-out.

4) fuel level indicator - if u have not do anything to the sensor.

top-up when needle falls below the red mark, tat u still have about 3 litres in your tank. u can judge by yourself when u top-up, full tank with reserve is 16 litres (reserve is 1.1 litre). so if u top up 13 litres, tat means 3 litres r left in your tank.

u can tune the carb for better ride, if u know wat to do.

stock setting is lean, original setting is main-jet#100, needle-jet eclip@slot#2 and pilot-screw@2 1/8 turns.

i recommend carb setting use main-jet#102, needle-jet eclip@slot#3 and pilot-screw@2 1/2 turns. u can try the needle-jet clip n pilot-screw adjustments first then try main-jet#102 later, ride will improves.

join us at the new thread n discuss everything n anything about RW.

please click here singaporebikes naked bikes - roadwin

hmm..anyone would recommend a KTM Exc200..? alot of ppl told me not to take it because matainence is very "high"...i am a big fella and its difficult for me to get a 2B bike for myself..i was thinking of the daelim roadstar as well...but just like the rodwin...its a 4T 125cc....performance wise wouldnt be good...

A phantom or Sp will be too far out of my leauge...i was considering abt a Cagiva Mito to... any comments??

thanks!

i think u r talk about daystar (cruiser), new models r 140cc named 'X5'.

daelim daystar n roadwin uses the same engine n r expensive.

y not get those 200cc bikes like phantom, scamblers, tw, scooters, bajaj, etc.

it is wat u like most n not wat others think, get the bike u luv.