SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

Hi all, it has been awhile since i last wrote here, hope every1 still keep in touch here.

Just wanna check with u guys when go for 4000km servicing, beside changing engine oil,

wat other things they did?

Like change spark plug, clean air filter n dust cover, open up clutch housing to check n clean etc?

Beside e spares, all labours cost is foc?

Edited by sym7

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Generally for new bike while the piston runs in, expect more metal deposits thus its advisable to chNge the oil filter. Spark plug can usually last about 10k. So that one can save. The major servicing usually comes around 10 to 12k inclusive of belt, roller, clips and sparky. Cheers! :)

"A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!"

— Thomas Jefferson

:eek: :eek:

Quote:

"Hi all, it has been awhile since i last wrote here, hope every1 still keep in touch here.

Just wanna check with u guys when go for 4000km servicing, beside changing engine oil,

Like change spark plug, clean air filter n dust cover, open up clutch housing to check n clean etc?

Last edited by sym7; 09-09-2011 at 08:52 PM. "

*10 dollar labor fee for oil change if you bring your own oil.

dear s3 riders pls give me some info...

The rpm meter on the left of the console ( On neutrel it is on 1800 rpm, does it goes up to 8000 rpm ard 60 - 90 km/h )

( It seems that my RPM meter does not move when i accelerate from 0 km/h to 90 km/h, it only increases from 1800 rpm to 9000 rpm max )

( Please give me some feedback, now still running in so trying to figure out the nicks and nacks )

Thank you Bro's! =]

Hi, i understand that this might be your first time riding a CVT (continuously variable transmission) belt driven bike. The CVT drivetrain is different from normal transmission drivetrain as the engine's rpm normally will stay constant in a certain range while the vehicle is accelerating. As i'm lazy to type further, you can do some research online to know more on the CVT and there are some links for your reference:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/cvt2.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuously_variable_transmission

just got mine 2 days ago.

So far so good. Was reminded by Roy not to push faster than 80km/hr, that part is not good.

1 problem though, there is an irritating sound when I have a pillion. You guys encountered the same problem?

I hear loud plastic rattling noise from the rear while accelerating when i have a pillion. Couldn't trace where the sound came from. But i suspect it's just some excessive clearance and vibration between some plastic panels.

But i do realized that there's a bolt from a clip holding on to the rear brake hose to the rear wheel mud guard went missed twice due to the vibration. Currently i'm using cable ties to secure it the clip and so far so good. =) I guess the high vibration is due to the high flowing exhuast design after all. Not a concern to me anyway.

yo bro u need to take out the whole plastic mold to change the led bulb rite? unscrew like quite alot of screws? cause i try to unscrew 1 which is on the button cant take out. can tell me the led (name, size, price) i wanna get 1 too. thanks

Initially i also thought tat one screw is all i need to remove to change the bulb. Then i realised that i'm wrong. Well you do have to remove 3 or 4 screws (i cant remember exactly how many) to remove the round plastic cover which gives access to the engine in order to gain access to bulb.

As for tat one screw, you dont really need to remove it. I've thrown away the box so i dunno wad size is the bulb. It's the same bulb as those tat are used on the dashboard (speedo/gear selector indicator etc), slightly smaller than a pill. There should be only one such bulb size around.

Best is you remove the original bulb and use it to compare before buying. Got mine for 1 dollar at autobacs ubi by the way.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

-Kelvin-

Quote:

"Hi all, it has been awhile since i last wrote here, hope every1 still keep in touch here.

Last edited by sym7; 09-09-2011 at 08:52 PM. "

*10 dollar labor fee for oil change if you bring your own oil.

Bro, how abt cleaning of air filter, dust cover n clutch housing? did they do it foc?

Bro, how abt cleaning of air filter, dust cover n clutch housing? did they do it foc?

Hi sym7, if i'm not wrong, under the first 2year period covered under the manufacturer warranty, CKA does provide labor free maintenance with reference to the servicing booklet given to you. This includes cleaning of your air filter, transmission system and so on. All you have to pay for is the cost of the replacement/expandable parts like spark plug, air filter, belt, brake pads etc.

It's definitely worth letting CKA handle your bike maintenance during your warranty period even though myself for example, prefer to use the brand of engine oil which is not available at CKA. I'm alright with supplying my own oil and paying the extra 10 dollars fee.

Cheers.

-Kelvin-

Hi sym7, if i'm not wrong, under the first 2year period covered under the manufacturer warranty, CKA does provide labor free maintenance with reference to the servicing booklet given to you. This includes cleaning of your air filter, transmission system and so on. All you have to pay for is the cost of the replacement/expandable parts like spark plug, air filter, belt, brake pads etc.

It's definitely worth letting CKA handle your bike maintenance during your warranty period even though myself for example, prefer to use the brand of engine oil which is not available at CKA. I'm alright with supplying my own oil and paying the extra 10 dollars fee.

Cheers.

-Kelvin-

Ok thanks bro for e info, cheers n happy riding.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, just went to cka kb to service my bike. Engine die off when idling n unable to start, according to roy, need to svc n wash e injection components. Any 1 encounter this problem can share some light? Thanks n happy riding all.

hi guys, just went to cka kb to service my bike. Engine die off when idling n unable to start, according to roy, need to svc n wash e injection components. Any 1 encounter this problem can share some light? Thanks n happy riding all.

how long you have ride the bike? mileage?

rear brake lights seems to be on even when engine is off? any idea... think need 2 pop by cka tml... =[

I had the same case as yours when my bike was a few weeks old. It happened after washing my bike. Could not get those light to shut off with the main switch off. Worried that the battery might drain off, i removed the main fuse to cut the supply. Drop by CKA the next day to find everything back to normal. Could'nt trace the root of problem. I guess it's water getting into the electro switches.

2 more months and my bike will be 1yr old. Receiver Key battery low indicator blinking already. Bought spare battery but yet to change. Just waiting for the current battery to die off completely. How's the case for you guys by the way? Sighted 3 other daelim S3s on the road at my workplace area today, getting more S3 on the road!

Cheers,

-Kelvin-

Hi, may i know wad grade of petrol do you usually use? Thanks.

-Kelvin-

Hi, may i know wad grade of petrol do you usually use? Thanks.

-Kelvin-

I used esso 5000, same as 95. Bike is ok after some cleaning on e switches, guess it's e water getting in also. Just drop by at kb to svc n clean e clutch housing, i was very satisfied with e workmanship roy n his crews provide, very professional n no half "f" job. They really go into details in servicing, did all e necessary touch up so no regret buying from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Slow acceleration after slowing down to a stop

I am not sure if anyone face this problem. When I reached a red traffic light, I would slow down and stop. Sometimes the moment I am about to come to a complete stop the traffic light change to green. However, when I press the throttle, the acceleration is often very slow. As a result, it can be quite dangerous sometimes as I may be infront of buses and other vehicles.

Slow acceleration after slowing down to a stop

I am not sure if anyone face this problem. When I reached a red traffic light, I would slow down and stop. Sometimes the moment I am about to come to a complete stop the traffic light change to green. However, when I press the throttle, the acceleration is often very slow. As a result, it can be quite dangerous sometimes as I may be infront of buses and other vehicles.

I do not encounter this issue, but may i know the poor acceleration is due to the transmission(high rpm, poor acceleration) or poor engine respond/loss of power(high throttle, slow revving rpm)? Thanks.

Hope you get your issue solved soon.

-Kelvin-

• 4 weeks later...
I do not encounter this issue, but may i know the poor acceleration is due to the transmission(high rpm, poor acceleration) or poor engine respond/loss of power(high throttle, slow revving rpm)? Thanks.

Hope you get your issue solved soon.

-Kelvin-

It is more of poor engine response.