SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sym GTS 300i/200 evo (joymax)

phantomintheair

That is a bad crack there. But its fine. As long not ur mechanical problem. U should try go Mforce at jb if u want to get it cheap price. Or go mah motor and weda. Its easy fix if diy urself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312421[/ATTACH]

Pic uploaded.

It's strange because I had cleaned my scooter a week ago and didn't see this crack.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love pirelli diablo. So good traction on the road. Smooth running for long journey.

Good morning, veteran Joymaxers.

I changed my rear tire about 2 weeks ago. Wanted the same one - Pirelli Diablo but no stock. So Sporting Motors fitted a Michelin Pilot Citygrip.

Ride and grip is great for 1 up.

I find when I have 2 up, I sense that the tire is rubbing against something when I go over uneven surface or humps.

I increase the tire pressure to 250, the rear shocks at the 2nd softest setting.

I think Michelins usually have softer side walls and not sure whether that has contributed to the rubbing sensation.

Any advice is deeply appreciated.

Regards

That is a bad crack there. But its fine. As long not ur mechanical problem. U should try go Mforce at jb if u want to get it cheap price. Or go mah motor and weda. Its easy fix if diy urself.

Thanks for info, Toeshimino.

Sorry, but what does WEDA stand for?

Regards

There are 2 cracks/splits. I wonder whether it's due to vibration as the edge seems to be touching the brake oil reservoir.

Bought a new one from Mah without installation for $25.

Took a matt grey one instead of shiny black (my bike color) as I find the shiny black throws the afternoon sunlight to the eyes. It's discomforting.

Have not fit it yet as Meng Tong/Sporting Motors is away.

Pgohctoon are u keeping the old cover ? If not can pass to me ? ;) wanna try test do base plate for a gps mount on the cover

Edited by hondaoftroy

Good morning, veteran Joymaxers.

I changed my rear tire about 2 weeks ago. Wanted the same one - Pirelli Diablo but no stock. So Sporting Motors fitted a Michelin Pilot Citygrip.

Ride and grip is great for 1 up.

I find when I have 2 up, I sense that the tire is rubbing against something when I go over uneven surface or humps.

I increase the tire pressure to 250, the rear shocks at the 2nd softest setting.

I think Michelins usually have softer side walls and not sure whether that has contributed to the rubbing sensation.

Any advice is deeply appreciated.

Regards

I use citygrip also but I use

Front 240

Back 280

This gives me the best mileage and 2 up riding

Lower pressure tends to be unstable when I'm cornering

I use citygrip also but I use

Front 240

Back 280

This gives me the best mileage and 2 up riding

Lower pressure tends to be unstable when I'm cornering

Dear Hondaoftroy,

Thanks for sharing.

I will try that tire pressure.

Regards

Hi All,

My rear tyre went flat 2 months ago and to replace it costs $130. I was thinking it's about time to replace the front tyre as well since it's coming to 1 year. I would like to know is this the market rate for tyre replacement? $130 spunded steep to me.

I paid 120 for the rear Pilot City Grip.

Changed city grip front n rear 210. Pirelli woud be abt 30 to 50bucks cheaper

Hi Lunzai,

Where to get Pirelli tyres please? I find that even though I pay reasonable price for the tyres, when it travels over road marki g (the arrows on the road), it can get quite slippery!!

So..... What's the point. Might as well buy cheaper tyres.

Hi Lunzai,

Where to get Pirelli tyres please? I find that even though I pay reasonable price for the tyres, when it travels over road marki g (the arrows on the road), it can get quite slippery!!

A.c. motors at kakit bukit...call before u head down....ah chong-90220203.

Hi Lunzai,

Anyway bro no matter what tyres u use ride carefully escp..... Avoid/go slow when u going thru metal covers above the drains or white lines. Those are hazards for bikers....stay safe cheers!

Yup i agree with @lunzai. No matter what tyre u use still if u ride on the white stripe it will be slippery on raining weather.

@Bimbobiker

U can go a.c. motor. I think for front n back pirelli diablo price range $170-$190 i think. But call him first if he have stock.

Hi Toeshimino,

Thank you for sharing too!! :-) Yeah.... I felt that to pay $130 for a back wheel was a little high.....

Yup i agree with @lunzai. No matter what tyre u use still if u ride on the white stripe it will be slippery on raining weather.

@Bimbobiker

U can go a.c. motor. I think for front n back pirelli diablo price range $170-$190 i think. But call him first if he have stock.

Thanks for the reply, Toeshimino. Yeah..... I felt paying $130 for a rear tyre was a little high. It's time for me to change front tyre too since it's coming close to 1 year.

Givi high windshield for joymax300i is at the price of $250.

Hi Toeshimino, Any idea how much higher is the screen compared to original? Mah usually don't keep stock of most items and then when order, usually their ETA is 2 months but can run to longer than that.

Yesterday, I changed my air filter. Notice that the one that was replaced had some oily black dirt on it. Just wondering where the oil comes from. Is there just 1 air filter or is there more than 1?

I also tried to open up the belt compartment to inspect and clean. Removed all the bolts but could not pull the cover out. I didn't dare use force or screw driver to pry it open.

Has anyone done it before?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

I cant remember how high but i think its 80cm plus. No need to worry can go mah n buy. They have it now for givi.

for the air filter how long have u not change n what ur mileage?

Hi Toeshimino, Any idea how much higher is the screen compared to original? Mah usually don't keep stock of most items and then when order, usually their ETA is 2 months but can run to longer than that.

I cant remember how high but i think its 80cm plus. No need to worry can go mah n buy. They have it now for givi.

for the air filter how long have u not change n what ur mileage?

I bought the bike from another owner. He informed me that it was changed at 20k servicing. Mileage was near 25k when I took over. I sent it for servicing - oil and filter change, brake oil top up, coolant replacement, tire & brake pad replacement.

Asked the mechanic to check the belts and air filter and change if necessary.

Mechanic told me air filter and belts were good condition.

During the long weekend, had some free time and thought I just open up to check myself and also learn some DIY about the scooter.

Found a lot of dried up leaves collected on the sponge filter and was horrified by the condition of the air filter.

So Tuesday I bought the air filter from Mah and changed it in the evening when I was home after work.

I bought the bike from another owner. He informed me that it was changed at 20k servicing. Mileage was near 25k when I took over. I sent it for servicing - oil and filter change, brake oil top up, coolant replacement, tire & brake pad replacement.

Asked the mechanic to check the belts and air filter and change if necessary.

Mechanic told me air filter and belts were good condition.

During the long weekend, had some free time and thought I just open up to check myself and also learn some DIY about the scooter.

Found a lot of dried up leaves collected on the sponge filter and was horrified by the condition of the air filter.

So Tuesday I bought the air filter from Mah and changed it in the evening when I was home after work.

do you have the user manual ? if not I can try to post it here

the recommended servicing mileage is as followed

Brake Fluid - every 20,000km

Belt - every 15,000 km

uClip - every 15,000km

Rollers - every 15,000km

Spark Plug - every 15,000km

Coolant - every 15,000km

Air Filter - every 10,000km

Transmission Oil - every 10,000km

Engine Oil - 3000~5000km

for tyres and brake pads depends on personal usage wear and tear so make sure you check them often to be safe

for me its usually around 8000km to 10,000km before they fail or wear to zero usablity

do you have the user manual ? if not I can try to post it here

the recommended servicing mileage is as followed

Brake Fluid - every 20,000km

Belt - every 15,000 km

uClip - every 15,000km

Rollers - every 15,000km

Spark Plug - every 15,000km

Coolant - every 15,000km

Air Filter - every 10,000km

Transmission Oil - every 10,000km

Engine Oil - 3000~5000km

for tyres and brake pads depends on personal usage wear and tear so make sure you check them often to be safe

for me its usually around 8000km to 10,000km before they fail or wear to zero usablity

Hi HondaofTroy, Thanks for all the info.

I have downloaded the manual.

Thanks very much, much appreciated.