SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sym GTS 300i/200 evo (joymax)

phantomintheair

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need advice from veterans Joymax riders.

I get a lot of shudder at 3000 rpm when moving from standstill or in slow traffic.

Anyway to rectify this or is there some art to how you turn the throttle?

Thanks in advance.

Need advice from veterans Joymax riders.

I get a lot of shudder at 3000 rpm when moving from standstill or in slow traffic.

Anyway to rectify this or is there some art to how you turn the throttle?

Thanks in advance.

sounds like your clutch did not engage properly, whats your mileage on the bike ?

when did you last service your bike ?

sounds like your clutch did not engage properly, whats your mileage on the bike ?

Just serviced with oil change 25k.

Belt , rollers, clips were changed at 20k by previous owner.

Regards

Visited my mechanic. He informed me that there will be some shudder. Once it's past that point (2600 - 3000 rpm, depending on gradient and whether 2 up ), it's smooth all the way. I find that if I throttle to just get it moving a bit, ease off and then throttle again, it will move off somewhat smoothly.

Very happy with the mileage though ....30+ km per liter. Fantastic.

Visited my mechanic. He informed me that there will be some shudder. Once it's past that point (2600 - 3000 rpm, depending on gradient and whether 2 up ), it's smooth all the way. I find that if I throttle to just get it moving a bit, ease off and then throttle again, it will move off somewhat smoothly.

Very happy with the mileage though ....30+ km per liter. Fantastic.

I dun have this problem i can't maintain my rpm around 2000 to 3000

when i open my throttle it will shoot pass 3000 everytime

my bike mileage just pass 15k, going for my servicing soon

been hearing some ringing sound at the transmission side

Need advice from senior Joymax 300i riders,

Where's the best place to buy this bike ?

Mah Motors ? After doing some research & comparison, I had decided to proceed with purchase

Mah is the distributor for SYM bikes, should be able to get a good price there

I got mine there :o

It's a very good bike, no regrets getting it

I dun have this problem i can't maintain my rpm around 2000 to 3000

when i open my throttle it will shoot pass 3000 everytime

my bike mileage just pass 15k, going for my servicing soon

been hearing some ringing sound at the transmission side

I am Ah Pek rider, that's why. Start slow slow. The Joymax does rev up very fast.

The problem is we move off too slowly the bike will give u a jerking moving off. By doing that u are give ur clutch shoe and bell ware of faster and even ur belting lifetime decrease. The more often move off slowly the more dust u will get in ur cvt. By doing that u are just rubbing the clutch shoe and the bell instead by giving a grip on the bell.

So to avoid all that just give a good throttle for pickup when moving off then get to ur normal speed when cruising.

The problem is we move off too slowly the bike will give u a jerking moving off. By doing that u are give ur clutch shoe and bell ware of faster and even ur belting lifetime decrease. The more often move off slowly the more dust u will get in ur cvt. By doing that u are just rubbing the clutch shoe and the bell instead by giving a grip on the bell.

So to avoid all that just give a good throttle for pickup when moving off then get to ur normal speed when cruising.

Thanks for advise.

Will try to adjust my riding mode.

My handlebar cover has a split near the left brake reservoir. I think soon it will break off. Anyone experience this? How did you fixed it or did you purchase a new cover? Other than Mah, where else can we get it? Any possibility of finding it at scrap yard? Mine is 2013 model.

My handlebar cover has a split near the left brake reservoir. I think soon it will break off. Anyone experience this? How did you fixed it or did you purchase a new cover? Other than Mah, where else can we get it? Any possibility of finding it at scrap yard? Mine is 2013 model.

How's the split ? Can superglue back ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312421[/ATTACH]

Pic uploaded.

It's strange because I had cleaned my scooter a week ago and didn't see this crack.

There are 2 cracks/splits. I wonder whether it's due to vibration as the edge seems to be touching the brake oil reservoir.

Bought a new one from Mah without installation for $25.

Took a matt grey one instead of shiny black (my bike color) as I find the shiny black throws the afternoon sunlight to the eyes. It's discomforting.

Have not fit it yet as Meng Tong/Sporting Motors is away.

Good morning, veteran Joymaxers.

I changed my rear tire about 2 weeks ago. Wanted the same one - Pirelli Diablo but no stock. So Sporting Motors fitted a Michelin Pilot Citygrip.

Ride and grip is great for 1 up.

I find when I have 2 up, I sense that the tire is rubbing against something when I go over uneven surface or humps.

I increase the tire pressure to 250, the rear shocks at the 2nd softest setting.

I think Michelins usually have softer side walls and not sure whether that has contributed to the rubbing sensation.

Any advice is deeply appreciated.

Regards