SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sym GTS 300i/200 evo (joymax)

phantomintheair

too far for me, I stay jurong

Ah, maybe those staying in the east will benefit from it.

Had a "hit" and run yesterday at CTE. Yellow taxi cut in suddenly with signal and I jammed brake. Skidded and fell on the left. Entire left side of Joymax scratched and left mirror came off.

Yellow taxi sped off and van behind me braked in time. Now Joymax at workshop redoing paint job and Mah Motor got no stock for left mirror. Got to wait 2 weeks.

Bruises and open wounds on left kneecap and elbow

Edited by Bimbobiker

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Is it advisable to install speakers on motorbikes?? I am thinking of installing but don't know where to start.

2 issues I have been pondering about:

- Theft of the speakers

- Spoilage due to rain

Based on the above 2 concerns, it doesn't seem practical to install speakers on my Joymax.

Hi All,

Is it advisable to install speakers on motorbikes?? I am thinking of installing but don't know where to start.

2 issues I have been pondering about:

- Theft of the speakers

- Spoilage due to rain

Based on the above 2 concerns, it doesn't seem practical to install speakers on my Joymax.

I have seen scooters installed with speaker but not too sure how they solved the 2 problems u mentioned

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

I have seen scooters installed with speaker but not too sure how they solved the 2 problems u mentioned

Yeah. 'Cos offhand I can imagine water sipping in to the open, unprotected speakers and if people are even stealing cashcards, not to mention speakers. I think those who install speakers live in Condos or private estates.

If only Eric is still in this thread. He's very knowledgeable.

The speakers fixed on bikes are the waterproof kind. as for theft, speakers are low on the thief's list. think they rather steal the whole bike.

My opinion,

with the advances and tumbling prices in bluetooth comms, speakers are not in favour anymore.

cant hear anything with all the wind and traffic noise. Better to get a bluetooh headset. music quality is much better and you can link to any BT devices.

SYM Aficianado Singapore

https://www.facebook.com/groups/symas

The speakers fixed on bikes are the waterproof kind. as for theft, speakers are low on the thief's list. think they rather steal the whole bike.

My opinion,

with the advances and tumbling prices in bluetooth comms, speakers are not in favour anymore.

cant hear anything with all the wind and traffic noise. Better to get a bluetooh headset. music quality is much better and you can link to any BT devices.

Oh, no lah. I like attention so speakers can give me attention :-P

im back... lolx... for speaker wise, choose non paper type... normally will water resistant... when wash bike,,, just use white tape to cover it.. stilll will wet(nothing serious)...

as for raining time... still work fine after rain(dun on when raining day lah) after rain stop, let it dry a night then on it to let small minor pool of water to spill out..

My speaker work fine for 2 years rain or shine~ only the matter you choose the speaker and mounting area.

Speaker : from $70-$120 (6 1/2"inch) Sim Lim Tower Lv2

Amplifier for RCA -> 3.5mm jack(so can plug into Mp3 player or HP) - from $110-$180 Sim Lim Tower Lv2

installation est $50-100 from any car acc workshop (provided they willing to do so.)

there you go... boomz boomz boomz boomz.....

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f360/eric288/tesseract.jpg

I dUn rIdE fAst,

I rIdE wIth skIll~

im back... lolx... for speaker wise, choose non paper type... normally will water resistant... when wash bike,,, just use white tape to cover it.. stilll will wet(nothing serious)...

as for raining time... still work fine after rain(dun on when raining day lah) after rain stop, let it dry a night then on it to let small minor pool of water to spill out..

My speaker work fine for 2 years rain or shine~ only the matter you choose the speaker and mounting area.

Speaker : from $70-$120 (6 1/2"inch) Sim Lim Tower Lv2

Amplifier for RCA -> 3.5mm jack(so can plug into Mp3 player or HP) - from $110-$180 Sim Lim Tower Lv2

installation est $50-100 from any car acc workshop (provided they willing to do so.)

there you go... boomz boomz boomz boomz.....

Oooohhhh...... Thank you so much Eric!! Boom Boom Boom indeed. Hahaha.

I found a workshop called "Scooter Narcotics" at Kaki Bukit. Check out their Facebook account. May let them do everything. Aiyoh..... I so scared step into Sim Lim leh. All the Beng Bengs there :-P

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone! I'm a new rider around here and I own a SYM Joyride 200i EVO. Can anyone recommend me a good and affordable place to service my bike in near future. I'm currently at 800+km now, got it for about a month.

Bro can try ac motors(kaki bukit) or performance racing(woodlands rd). Depending where u live ;p

Wa nice! I shall go for performance racing. Thanks a lot!

Hi Dagurasu,

Welcome to the Singapore SYM family. Some factors which I use to decide on a workshop to service my bike are:

- Honesty

- Location from my home

- Operating hours

There are many motorcycle workshops at Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2.

Operating hrs are important because my current workshop closes at 7pm on weekdays so it's very hard for me to bring my bike for servicing after work, so I can free up my weekends.

Hi there...

I would like to get a mobile phone mount for GPS for my cellphone. However, unlike cars, bike mounts ought to be really robust lest it falls off whilst on the road. Any good recommendations? I have seen a few that is adhered to the handle bars of certain bikes. For our case, handle bars aren't exactly that slim nor accessible. What kind of mount works? Where can we get them?

Hi there...

I would like to get a mobile phone mount for GPS for my cellphone. However, unlike cars, bike mounts ought to be really robust lest it falls off whilst on the road. Any good recommendations? I have seen a few that is adhered to the handle bars of certain bikes. For our case, handle bars aren't exactly that slim nor accessible. What kind of mount works? Where can we get them?

I am using this phone holder for my GTS 200. so far so good. quite decent.

Hi bros,

I've recently bought a Sym Excel 150 and within a month I've already spent $500 on new clutch and $200+ on the pistol or valve that appears to be a rod-like thing in the engine. I had been going to Tai Hin Enterprise Co within 2 weeks, just need some advice on is that place reliable?

I feel that I've been ripped off because the assistant didn't indicate the price properly and say have to ship the parts from Taiwan n stuff.

I'm new to riding scooter and please guide me along on where to fix my sym bike in the future?

Hi everyone! I'm a new rider around here and I own a SYM Joyride 200i EVO. Can anyone recommend me a good and affordable place to service my bike in near future. I'm currently at 800+km now, got it for about a month.

Yours is a new scooter and under warranty plus you have 3 free service (labour free). Better to go back to Mah Motors or their authorised agents or the bike shop you bought from.

Hi bros,

I've recently bought a Sym Excel 150 and within a month I've already spent $500 on new clutch and $200+ on the pistol or valve that appears to be a rod-like thing in the engine. I had been going to Tai Hin Enterprise Co within 2 weeks, just need some advice on is that place reliable?

I feel that I've been ripped off because the assistant didn't indicate the price properly and say have to ship the parts from Taiwan n stuff.

I'm new to riding scooter and please guide me along on where to fix my sym bike in the future?

You can try

A.C. Motors - Ah Choong

Automotive Shop

First East Centre,10 Kaki Bukit Road 2 (#01-22), 417868, Singapore.

The Boss rides a Tmax.

My experience is he will not ask you to change parts unless really necessary.