SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki ZX4 riders

zasper

Guest OFFICIAL
Originally posted by SK I@January 11, 2007 12:36 am

I see... Chain, sprocket, EO...

the stock ZXR400 air filter costs how much? Can change to a K&N (washable) type? If can...how much too? :cheeky: And when changing EO...need to change oil filter as well? how much again? Many thanks :cheeky:

Stock i think is about $60 i think did't change before. When i got the bike i immediatey change to K&N. Only cost me S$70- and 2 months of wait. Got it from Mah Motor Parts oppsite Sim Lim Tower.

Changing EO is the same as other 400cc. XJR not included cause only 2litre.

EO onli 3 litres filter every 2 oil change. Honda ones can use. But prefer stock or K&N.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by OFFICIAL@January 11, 2007 01:58 am

Stock i think is about $60 i think did't change before. When i got the bike i immediatey change to K&N. Only cost me S$70- and 2 months of wait. Got it from Mah Motor Parts oppsite Sim Lim Tower.

Changing EO is the same as other 400cc. XJR not included cause only 2litre.

EO onli 3 litres filter every 2 oil change. Honda ones can use. But prefer stock or K&N.

Oh..K&N air filter is only $10 bucks more than stock?...ok..then when it's time to change, I'll get K&N..cos can wash and reuse :cheer:

OFFICIAL, you mean ZXR400 can use CBR400 oil filter or many other ones? Or is there a particular model number for it's oil filter? Price about?

Be contented and you have the world... be greedy and you'll never be happy.

Get K&N... it is better and cheaper in the long run. Tricky bit is you can't get it off the shelf, got to order. Oil filter is common size... I always change them whenever I change oil. U can use Honda or any after market ones with the same size. Never used their so called original ones cos they tried to charge me $25 for it! Crazy! :mad:

Originally posted by k2kiwi@January 11, 2007 02:18 pm

Get K&N... it is better and cheaper in the long run. Tricky bit is you can't get it off the shelf, got to order. Oil filter is common size... I always change them whenever I change oil. U can use Honda or any after market ones with the same size. Never used their so called original ones cos they tried to charge me $25 for it! Crazy! :mad:

Then where do I order the K&N air filter for ZXR400 from? And Honda oil filters or other aftermarket types cost how much compared to stock kawa oil filters at $25?

Now... my screen is old, yellowing and scratched... anybody got any idea where I can find an aftermarket one that looks good? Any lobang? Or anybody got spare ones? It's hard to believe but our buddy il4 told me he bought the last one in singapore.... aaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!! :giddy:

Originally posted by k2kiwi@January 11, 2007 09:59 pm

Now... my screen is old, yellowing and scratched... anybody got any idea where I can find an aftermarket one that looks good? Any lobang? Or anybody got spare ones? It's hard to believe but our buddy il4 told me he bought the last one in singapore.... aaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!! :giddy:

Ok thanks...maybe I go LAB to check prices first...

and oh..regarding the screen... I found a webpage ( overseas) for you...maybe useful? It's a double bubble screen type...comes in different colours too..maybe you want a green colour one to match your green Ninja :p but damned..it's gonna cost you 78 pounds ($235 including delivery chgs to SG) for that piece of plastic :sian:

http://www.fastbikebits.com/acatalog/screens.html

Whahaha..fall off the lorry..

bro...this one even better!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-ZXR400-TOP-...4QQcmdZViewItem

Not only you get the tinted screen, the matching green top fairing, but also the 2 vacuum cleaner hoses!!! :sweat: all for 75pounds not incl of delivery chgs...dun even know if they will send it to SG :cheeky:

Wow...maybe too early for me..haha...

btw, how much does a new pair of tyres cost? And can ZXR400 put frame sliders? Any specific type available in the market? Think I also gotta find a pair of gloves and FF helmet liao ...$$$ :weep:

Are most sliders the same? Or the screw thread varies greatly? Anyone here put a slider meant for other models on your ZXR400?

The FF I'll probably get a MHR lah...and basic gloves... I'm not a racer..but if I become one later..then I'll get better equipment :cheeky:

Guest OFFICIAL
Originally posted by SK I@January 12, 2007 01:42 pm

Are most sliders the same? Or the screw thread varies greatly? Anyone here put a slider meant for other models on your ZXR400?

The FF I'll probably get a MHR lah...and basic gloves... I'm not a racer..but if I become one later..then I'll get better equipment :cheeky:

Why a MHR?

HJC are better in quality and it's almost the same or cheaper?

Originally posted by OFFICIAL@January 12, 2007 07:01 pm

Why a MHR?

HJC are better in quality and it's almost the same or cheaper?

HJC cheap meh? I see used MHR FFs on sale all the time at $50-$80...HJC like >$100 right?

If buy new...MHR abt $120...HJC how much? Recommend where to buy leh

:cheeky:

Originally posted by zasper@January 13, 2007 12:05 am

hi im back frm sailing ... SK I ... r u still in thailand ? u got go to any motorbikes shops ? can ask them tat they got mould the back pieces ?? heard that it was cheap there ... n the bubble visor oso can ask mah ... :smile:

I was beginning to wonder where the thread starter went...haha :cheeky:

So you're a sailer?

In fact..I always like to stop by a particular motor shop that mods fibre glass fairings for VFRs, RVFs, CBRs to give them a slick tail :sweat:

Never did ask them how much to mod...but I know a CBR400L model with a moded tail costs about 80000baht (S$3480) with license plate and slightly cheaper for a bike with no plate..

so maybe mod the tail is abt 10-15k ($400-$600)? Is that ex? How much they chg in SG and JB???

The screen hor...if I have a solid piece...I might be able to get it customed made at maybe S$50 or cheaper with Acrylic...how much to buy an original piece in SG???

But hor..ZXR400 very rare in TH...mostly VFRs and CBRs and a little RVFs...even GSXR400 also hard to find...maybe in Bangkok can see..

Guest OFFICIAL
Originally posted by SK I@January 12, 2007 11:56 pm

HJC cheap meh? I see used MHR FFs on sale all the time at $50-$80...HJC like >$100 right?

If buy new...MHR abt $120...HJC how much? Recommend where to buy leh

:cheeky:

CL-14 is about S$160 ~ S$190 depend on design.

There are about S120/- ones but i recommand CL-14. Personally has 2 of them and saw someone flung off his bike exiting a turn on track and hitting head and all. Not much damage done to the brain section but bike gonner.

Guest OFFICIAL
Originally posted by SK I@January 13, 2007 12:37 am

I was beginning to wonder where the thread starter went...haha :cheeky:

So you're a sailer?

In fact..I always like to stop by a particular motor shop that mods fibre glass fairings for VFRs, RVFs, CBRs to give them a slick tail :sweat:

Never did ask them how much to mod...but I know a CBR400L model with a moded tail costs about 80000baht (S$3480) with license plate and slightly cheaper for a bike with no plate..

so maybe mod the tail is abt 10-15k ($400-$600)? Is that ex? How much they chg in SG and JB???

The screen hor...if I have a solid piece...I might be able to get it customed made at maybe S$50 or cheaper with Acrylic...how much to buy an original piece in SG???

But hor..ZXR400 very rare in TH...mostly VFRs and CBRs and a little RVFs...even GSXR400 also hard to find...maybe in Bangkok can see..

Jb has better pricing for that. Check the "On The Track" Section. details are there.

Singapore will be first Motor. They issit on me leaving my bike behind when i told and gave measurements on what to do. Was told by people that they ichy hand things off bike.