SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

PS3 Racing wheels

starr

Hey all.

Just got myself the new GT5 and suddenly have the crave to buy the racing wheels. Any of you own one? Whats the price range?

I am looking for the basic wheels (with force feedback) and pedal combination.

I've came across one at vivo and its selling at $199, Logitech Driving Force. Its abit too chim for me as it has the sequential gear levers etc, I dont need that as pedal shifters is enuf.

Any lobangs or any shop that can direct me to? thank you.

Faster than fast,

Quicker than quick.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using Logitec Driving Force GT. Got a used one at a good deal. I find you still need to use the gear stick. I tried using the peddal shift but at times I am force to use the gear stick as it quite hard to use the peddal shift when you are turning the wheel. Feedback is quite ok as well. There is only 1 thing I don't like, the gear stick is on the left side. Worth considering.

Another 2 more wheels to consider is GT25 and GT27, both from Logitec as well. GT27 is the newer upgraded model of GT25. Both are like real car setup. With normal H gear shifting, clutch and better steering feedback. You can even place the gear shift either on the left or right as it is a seperate piece. You can even configure the gear to become +/- style. But a used GT25 will command around $250 and a used GT27 around $350.

I would say go for the Driving Force GT if you just want a casual gamer or just want to have a feel of it. You buy cheap and if you don't like it, you still can resell it.

Thanks for the reply bro. U did mentioned that the gear stick is on the left side? hmm. isnt it where its suppose to be? What i guess is that u mean its on the right side. :)

How much does the used driving force gt cost u?

Faster than fast,

Quicker than quick.

Thanks for the reply bro. U did mentioned that the gear stick is on the left side? hmm. isnt it where its suppose to be? What i guess is that u mean its on the right side. :)

How much does the used driving force gt cost u?

Oh ya.. it on the right.. My bad..

The market rate for used is around $130. I got it together with GT5 at total $170.. if the GT5 is selling at $50 used, then my DFGT will be $120.

Wow. U sure gt yrslf a gd deal bro.

Just came back frm simei eastpoint and went to one of their game shop called "world of JJ" and had spotted a racing wheel for only $89. Inclusive of wheel, pedals and gear knob! And when i asked the salesperson to check if the wheel does gives any feedback, all he say was "ermmm... Shld be ar.. I think have la.. "

So i was abit skeptical into buying the set.

Any inputs or feedbacks?

Faster than fast,

Quicker than quick.

So far there are only a few models which are buyable. The rest cmi. The ones are Logitec driving force GT, GT25, GT27 and I think one more is a porsche one. Driving Force Gt is the cheapest among the can make it list. Better not buy those unknown one. Resale value not there. To be frank, not really anymore fun using the steering wheel. Or maybe it the game itself. GT5 itself is too realistic which rob away some of the fun. Everytime I buy a game, I will cheong everyday to complete it. But for GT5, I will have to force myself to play it. Sooner or later, I might sell the whole set away.

So far there are only a few models which are buyable. The rest cmi. The ones are Logitec driving force GT, GT25, GT27 and I think one more is a porsche one. Driving Force Gt is the cheapest among the can make it list. Better not buy those unknown one. Resale value not there. To be frank, not really anymore fun using the steering wheel. Or maybe it the game itself. GT5 itself is too realistic which rob away some of the fun. Everytime I buy a game, I will cheong everyday to complete it. But for GT5, I will have to force myself to play it. Sooner or later, I might sell the whole set away.

Sell it all away? Hmmm. Then i'll be glad to get it frm yr hands bro. :) haha!!

The wheelset that i saw at eastpoint is kinda like cannot make it one la. Haha. I've seen it upclose and it looks brittle and looks really darn cheap. Guess i have to wait patiently for a good set of wheels to come by then.

Abt yr gaming spirit, i share similar goals too, which is to cheong and yes u cant do tt with a gt5. Tts why im getting a set of wheels to rejoice the feel again. Hahaha. Hopefully.

:)

And to sidetrack; do u play gt5 online? Hws those guys on the net? Are they good?

Faster than fast,

Quicker than quick.

Sell it all away? Hmmm. Then i'll be glad to get it frm yr hands bro. :) haha!!

The wheelset that i saw at eastpoint is kinda like cannot make it one la. Haha. I've seen it upclose and it looks brittle and looks really darn cheap. Guess i have to wait patiently for a good set of wheels to come by then.

Abt yr gaming spirit, i share similar goals too, which is to cheong and yes u cant do tt with a gt5. Tts why im getting a set of wheels to rejoice the feel again. Hahaha. Hopefully.

:)

And to sidetrack; do u play gt5 online? Hws those guys on the net? Are they good?

Not at the moment. I'm still trying to complete as many race as possible. Anyway the wheels can be used for other car games. But I got a feeling the wheels will end up like my guitar, collecting dust. Hahaha.. might consider selling away in a couple of months. Anyway I'm not a car game fans. Thinking of buying Yakuza 4 to cheong.

Online? I only played once with my friend thats all. I'm not an online player. I usually play single player mode. I susposed online players should be good bah.