SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Blackbird CBR1100 XX

Guest R1szuan

Hi All,

Was wondering if y'all could help me out with several questions:

1) I had my Blackbird inspected today and the rear brakes failed. Ah Chong at Planet Moto says this happens all the time to Blackbirds because of the linked brakes. He had me leave the bike and said he'd take care of it. How do people normally manage to pass inspection??

2) I got Convertibars :-) but when I went to install them, Ah Chong said he wasn't sure he could replace the - what is it, the brake hose? Shouldn't that be not hard to do? I remember someone had Convertibars - what was your experience?

3) I got an MRA screen. Ah Chong said he didn't think it would pass inspection (!?) Does anyone have experience with this?

Appreciate everyone's advice!!

Kind regards,

Laura

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No 1

Normally I will press hard or tap both brake due to the Cbs braking system. I just went recent I step hard it pass.

No 2

The brake hose you can measure the length and get it your self at Lim Ah Boy shop at kelantan lane. Tell him you want to change to the after market types. Metal braided..

No 3

Don't listen to Ah Chong Bullshit Abt the windshield some of us using it, it's ok. Unless they change the rules and regulations...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Sansakai,

I stomped with full force of my weight. No go. I didn't tap, though - maybe that's the trick, to build pressure in the hose?

I saw another BB owner at the shop. He said the guy who did his inspection knew about the BB linked brake problem and just passed him.

They might have changed the rules a bit. I have heard they've really been cracking down hard on mods. They busted my after-market headlights for color, but since brightness was ok they passed me anyway on that, but I've heard all kinds of horror stories about minor mods not passing.

Ah Chong's the best mechanic I've found in town so far, so I'm inined as a general rule to trust what he says (even if I only understand half cuz his accent is so strong! Haha!)

Thanks for the advice on the brake hose.

I'm kinda wishing I'd just gotten risers rather than adjustable bars. All the adjustable bars seem to push the handlebars out rather than just lifting them up.

Hi Laura, we saw ur bike and frankly speaking after we find out that u failed ur rear brake inspection, we curiously try to step on ur rear and it went all the way down. U need to bleed the rear brakes. It shouldn't behave that way. Let Ah chong work his magic aite. As for windscreen, i dun tink there's anything wring with it.

My orgasm starts at 299km/h.....

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

5th ride - CBRXX1100:thumb:

If ur'e not comfortable with ur bars, y not settle for VFR bars. Or the ones that Dennis had

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

The BB squadron had a gd recon flight to Cameron Highlands. Well done pilots

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

Hey all,

My tires pooped out. Any specific recommendations for sports touring tires? Ah Chong recommends Bridgestone Battleax T-30. Anyone familiar with this tire?

Ah Chong did his magic on the rear brakes. They seem OK now. He also got is passed for the inspection.

The MRA screen is *awesome*. I've been up to 130 in SGP and felt like I could double that speed (just not in Singapore!) MUCH better windflow than before. Windscreen problem solved!

The convertibars are great too. I like the height and the ability to move them back a bit. Handlebar problem solved!

Still working through all the last little niggles, but getting close to finishing! (Unless Blackbirds are like boats... having a boat is like standing in the shower ripping up hundred dollar bills...!)

Love the pix of y'all at Cameron Highlands! Would love to go on one of these trips one day!!

Edited by laura5

Boon is using T30 brand new tyres to Cameron, and it never fail him thru corners. Wet and dry gd grip. Checkout the blackbird video too Laura. Well glad u managed to make ur bb to ur liking.

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

Thanks Greysnail! Guess I'll go with the T30 then. Good to hear the wet grip is good too.

Which Blackbird video?

One other question - I have Motovation bar end balancers. When I put on the Convertibars, the bolt for the balancers no longer reaches, so my bar ends are bare. Would anyone know the replacement bolt size? Or where I could find something like this? I can't remember... who else had convertibars?

The two other niggles are heat (still unresolved) and mileage (28 mpg hwy, not great). Still working on these!

If i had the chance, i'll settle for carb. Easier to maintain.

Laura u might wanna pm Dennis for info

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

There u go, Cameron clips courtesy by Knawee

Personal ride -