SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

seeking solutions!

i got a hp deskjet f370 all in one printer. the irony is that i cant print yet i can scan.

under the print window, its always 'offline'

i cant turn it online. anyone face such problem? i already went to the website to troubleshoot, but to no avail. :(

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Windows version are you using btw?

I saw that this printer is compatible with WinXP and below.

If you're sure this printer worked before, try these steps:

Try deleting that printer (in Control Panel >> Printer or Print & Fax).

Then, re-add that printer.

If while performing the abovementioned steps you notice:

- The Add Printer screen (or any screen) hangs when you try to re-add the printer

- Printer added but it hangs when you open it up or view its properties

- Any weird behaviour

...thus, go and try these additional steps:

- Delete your printer (explained above)

- Stop the Windows print spool (Start >> Run >> "services.msc" >> (right click) Print Spooler >> Stop service)

- Start the Windows print spool (same as above, right click it and "Start service" it)

- Re-add your printer.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

@redbeacon

im using windows 7. i managed to print one piece of paper although i don't know how i did it. and i went through the steps u have told me but its still not working.

anyway, i think most likely i will end up buying a new printer. my requirement is just to print, no need the 'all in one'. its for home use thus i don't print a lot. and i need the printer to have cheaper ink refill cartridges when ink runs out.

i have went to courts at cwp to look around.. i seen 2 printers that is below $100 those are just solely for printing.

epson sep inkjet colour t13 - $78

canon spf inkjet colour ip2770 $79

what do u think? any recommendations? :angel: and i don't wanna buy hp brand printers anymore

could low or no ink cartridge cause this? i just top up my black cartridge, but colour cartridge never top up cause i won't be using colour. will this cause the printer to always be offline?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c01069564.gif

theres a blinking light on my printer and its the Print Cartridge light

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00859575&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&product=1128316#N5817

its figure 25 in the website

Any print cartridge errors should not affect the connectivity of the printer to the computer. In other words, if you hear the Windows 7 chime whenever you plug in the printer, it should say it's online, regardless of the fact that the paper tray is empty or the ink is low/empty.

One more thing I forgot to ask: you tried plugging out and in the printer?

Elsewise, my take would be on compatibility: From experience, HP printers needs drivers for themselves to work. Elsewise, as the HP website states - it didn't say it was compatible for Windows 7.

Edited by redbeacon

@redbeacon

i tried plugging the printer in and out countless of times. actually i think it supports up to windows 7, as hp website has drivers for windows 7 for this printer.

anyway, i doubt i can fix it. think i must buy a new printer.. any recommendations based on my needs below?

anyway, i think most likely i will end up buying a new printer. my requirement is just to print, no need the 'all in one'. its for home use thus i don't print a lot. and i need the printer to have cheaper ink refill cartridges when ink runs out.

i have went to courts at cwp to look around.. i seen 2 printers that is below $100 those are just solely for printing.

epson sep inkjet colour t13 - $78

canon spf inkjet colour ip2770 $79

what do u think? any recommendations? :angel: and i don't wanna buy hp brand printers anymore

If you're into specs like me, I see the Epson T13 listed as being able to print slightly faster in colour than the Canon Pixma ip2770. Plus, the Epson has individual Black, C, M, and Y color cartridges; the Canon Pixma has just black and colour cartridges.

If you like performance and results, Canon advertises as having longer lasting inks, very photolab-quality printouts, and sharp black inks.

What do you recon? Paiseh ah but the choice is usually what you prefer.

could low or no ink cartridge cause this? i just top up my black cartridge, but colour cartridge never top up cause i won't be using colour. will this cause the printer to always be offline?

theres a blinking light on my printer and its the Print Cartridge light

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00859575&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&product=1128316#N5817

its figure 25 in the website

it really depends on the interface with the printer to the OS.

some injet i've encountered wont print until u have ink in both color & black; canon & epson.

if u've the printer tools installed, it might tell u more info.

which ver of win7 r u on, 32bit or 64bit? n i suspose u're using USB for conectivity.

try on another system if u have.

n what's the printout? a printer diagnostic/demo page or a doc from the computer?

it could also be u squeezed a wrong driver.

Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.

However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?