SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

Originally posted by dzqv53@Jul 3 2005, 01:47 PM

Wow i got quoted 7.8K with everything in (Givi Helmet , Kappa 46L box, IU) OTR.

Tradein for my FW JR200 is only 2k+- off

I think 7080 is quite a deal

Hi, where u get it from?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From mah i went in the morning abt 0945

i think at that they were the only saleman there

luckily never commit anything but did got a deal few days ago where one bikeshop offered me 5k with tradein OTR also 5% ineterest but donno about the IU thing.

Scoot for L I F E

Hyosung Aquila 125 -> Joyride 200 -> GTS 200 -> G-MAX 200 -> Adiva AD200

speedo ~~ as the bike is still new in sg, not much comments. SYM has been a manufacturer of engine for the past 20 yrs. Fyi, Honda's waven EX5 is using SYM engine. So, i do believe their engine is reliable. Even the joyrides hav not much complain bout the engines.Some might say, sym's scoots r much reiable than piaaggios!

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 3 2005, 01:51 AM

SYM GTS 200

Fuel capacity : 12L incl reserve

Maximum distance : TBA (Approx 320km b4 reserve according to agent)

Price : OTR differs with age.New rider could cost them approx$8.1k

Free gift : Kappa 46L box(enuff to put 2 helmets)

Other gifts : Negotiable. Differ from shops

Bike coulour :Black,Blue,Grey,Maroon,Silver

My friend bought it for $7.7 k with 4% interest only. :smile:

http://www.honda.co.uk/mcStatic/en/picture/product/NT700V%20ABS%20Deauville/full06.jpg

Everythings comes and go, the most important is to Catch It At The RIGHT Time.

Bob

Guest cheeko
Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 3 2005, 04:24 AM

ladies n gentlements....

If u happen to knw any1, who rides SYM GTS200, invite them to join spore bikes(if they havnt) n join in thz discussion bout da scoot of the moment. Would be glad to get to knw them n future gts riders. Hopefully we all could contribute sumtink to make da scoot a better...or maybe the best scoot ever. Lets unite....

:smile: Pls let us noe how is the actual fuel mileage of the scooter later on. See where really can hit 320km per tank or not :smile:

Guest cheeko
:confused: Yo mr road master, how much is the road tax to pay per year for a 200cc scooter? I also look at the catalog, it states that the bike is 178cc, So road tax is base on 178cc or 200cc? :confused:

Originally posted by dzqv53@Jul 3 2005, 01:53 PM

From mah i went in the morning abt 0945

i think at that they were the only saleman there

luckily never commit anything but did got a deal few days ago where one bikeshop offered me 5k with tradein OTR also 5% ineterest but donno about the IU thing.

Sorry forgot about the GST thing also

I think after plus minus here n there it might end up to be around 7.6~7.8 k (OTR without tradein) but 5% interest. Price was quoted at 30 yrs of age

I think this should be around the market price now

Scoot for L I F E

Hyosung Aquila 125 -> Joyride 200 -> GTS 200 -> G-MAX 200 -> Adiva AD200

Guest cheeko
Originally posted by vintcs@Jul 3 2005, 10:07 PM

should be 80 bucks per yr. u can check out onemotoring website.

:confused: I already go the site check liao. but can't find the info, cos too much info liao :giddy:

Originally posted by cheekozer@Jul 3 2005, 09:58 PM

:confused: Yo mr road master, how much is the road tax to pay per year for a 200cc scooter? I also look at the catalog, it states that the bike is 178cc, So road tax is base on 178cc or 200cc? :confused:

cheeko, you too long never ride 2b bike liao lah hahaha

for 200 cc and below is flat rate $80 per year

http://www.solidah.com/mystuff/dbsmall.jpghttp://www.solidah.com/mystuff/scootlogo.gifhttp://www.danasoft.com/sig/pharkee01.jpg

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 3 2005, 09:47 PM

SIlverwing what the age of ur fren who bought gts200?? i doubt he's under 24yrs. The price i was qouted is due to my age. n i decided to put my name as the owner of the insurance. So, tts y i paid $8.1k OTR.

He is 40 years old la. :sweat:

http://www.honda.co.uk/mcStatic/en/picture/product/NT700V%20ABS%20Deauville/full06.jpg

Everythings comes and go, the most important is to Catch It At The RIGHT Time.

Bob

Oooh... More & more ppl riding SYM bikes. Just last nite i found 2 joyrides at jurong west carpark. Yesterday afternoon i saw 2 malaysian bikes also looking exactly the same but with a different brand name.

Sigh~, shld have gotten the joyride carb instead of the EFI. Although the EFI mirrors are very chio, but I've difficulty following my fren who's riding a phantom. Hehe, he can squeeze & disappear in a flash, while i'm stuck behind the vehicles.

He even suggest i shut my mirrors when squeezing. :sleep:

Jeez, it's ok, i'll juz stay behind the cars. Feel their warm & cozy engines.

:sian:

Wonder if the GTS have problems squeezing anot. :goodluck:

--Lvin--

Wah old bird already. Should be cheap la... Actually my friend saw the complete price list breakdown at Lee Motor last week. Above 31yrs old with 2nd party insurance, IU, GST, Road Tax, Number Plate, Registration Fee is 7K...

:slapforehead:

Originally posted by cheekozer@Jul 3 2005, 09:58 PM

As wat fass mentioned, any 200cc bike n below, n if the bike is under 10yrs old.. rd tax is $80/yr. thz is standardize by LTA.

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 3 2005, 08:32 PM

guess wat guys... the fuel indicator will only move when u clock in bout 100km. N i've reach 320km n yet to go into reserved. Running in at most 90km/hr. Ahaks

I quoted at the SYM Joyride thread that full tank can go 320 before reserve. I guess I was wrong! Ha ha! Well hopefully can hit 380km lor... so i ask my dad dun waste time, change his Super-4 to GTS suah! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: One day i hope we can get all the SYM-riders for an outing soon... Just a normal gathering of proud riders... ahah... Ups one more time for SYM before I sleep lar! :sleep:

:slapforehead:

If u guys want to get the bike cheap(under $8k), better get sum1 older than 31(eg ur father,mother,etc) to hav their name in the insurance to get the premium(which of coz, the OTR price) cheaper.

As for me, i want to use 20% NCD from my previous bike insurance to be put in my GTS200 insurance.

For u guys out there, if u hav NCD which is still valid(provided the bike have been trade-in,scrap), u can transfer the NCD to the new insurance.

If u havn't, u can contact ur new insurance company via phone(eg mitsui), n qoute them ur previous policy number(even though its from a different insurance company). Any questions, i'll try my best to help.

Guest cheeko
Originally posted by Fass@Jul 3 2005, 10:53 PM

cheeko, you too long never ride 2b bike liao lah hahaha

for 200 cc and below is flat rate $80 per year

:lol: :cheeky: Yes, u rite, i indeed long time no ride small bike liao, so forget the road tax structure liao! Last time i remember during my 2b days, road tax is like free. :smile: Will be considering a scooty soon, only matter of time. :smile: Have to do some homework 1st. Most important is how many km/litres cos petrol cost keep on going up all the way :sian:

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 4 2005, 12:12 AM

So far so good......I'm 1 of the proud SYM GTS200 owner...... Cheers

Bro, yr bike run in already?? maybe next time join the member go Hatyai or cameron to see how yr bike perform. Really like to know the SYM, PGO on their performance. :lovestruck:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Originally posted by Mark C.@Jul 4 2005, 12:15 AM

Bro, yr bike run in already?? maybe next time join the member go Hatyai or cameron to see how yr bike perform. Really like to know the SYM, PGO on their performance. :lovestruck:

Its been quite some time i never ride up north to at least Songkla thailand with my tzr 125. yea, tzr125... very tiring. I believe with GTS, should b much of a prob.

I've only click in only 325km...still got at least 600++km b4 running in finish...

Hope to meet up with u guys in the future... if my schedule permits......

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 4 2005, 12:24 AM

Its been quite some time i never ride up north to at least Songkla thailand with my tzr 125. yea, tzr125... very tiring. I believe with GTS, should b much of a prob.

I've only click in only 325km...still got at least 600++km b4 running in finish...

Hope to meet up with u guys in the future... if my schedule permits......

I C, so bro ride safely.

And like to see you when scooter meet up. and we can sit down talk about our scoot. :thumb:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.