SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

today i went bike production to asked about the joyride 200cc price....The impression i got about the shop was damn bad...

I was inside the shop browsing for 10mins without anyone bothering me...that is fine but when i went over to the counter to enquire about the joyride price the guy there just mumble "new bike $5000"

then i asked what is included ...he mumble back box...I asked abt insurance and again he mumble back "included"....all the while he never looked at me when he toked....I wanted to ask more abt insurance...wonder how can everything be so cheap...but then think really cannot stand the feeling..think he don really think i can afford the bike...

I was really put off by this kind of attitude....

Anyway, i wanted to ask...is it true the joyride cost just $5000 OTR now ?? Think if so ....I may be able to buy one soon

I think 5K OTR is quite possible. if you refer to this thread earlier kenny did mention something like 5.2K OTR w/ 2nd party insurance.

you better check with them got other charges like GST. insurance type, transfer fee, road tax, IU etc. And oso interest rate.

Hope this help.

BTW joyride only come in 172cc not 200cc.

13Jun05 - 21Jul06 Joyride 172cc. Mileage=31050

21Jul06..... TA200. Mileage=3200

MSN = [email protected]

5k otr is possible, without IU, interest and GST!!!

Hi guys!! Just got back from Bintan trip, 3D2N. Nice and peaceful trip at Angsana Resort. Quite solid but everything the resort in USD!!! $$$ :cheeky:

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

Not bad thou. traffic there damn scary!! :giddy:

At night, so dark and no street lamp, Kup-kia light so small, they also can go 60-80km/h.

Day time at the town, All traffic jam at port!! Tricycle, Kup-kia, Lorry, Jeep all mix up and travel in a one lane traffic. We were in a jeep, riders of tricycle and kup-kia have to keep one side for us. they will pull their kup to the pavement and I mean pull using hand to allow us to pass.

Not a place for shopping but a place for relax and some sightseeing. Me and my wife sat a 3 wheels bike on Sanraggu. Its like a 125 honda plus a trishaw seat for 2pax. The path there was too small even for a 800cc small car. :confused:

In all, we spend about 1k for resort, spa, makan and shopping. :cheeky:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Originally posted by gentoro@Sep 6 2004, 09:19 AM

5k otr is possible, without IU, interest and GST!!!

Hi guys!! Just got back from Bintan trip, 3D2N. Nice and peaceful trip at Angsana Resort. Quite solid but everything the resort in USD!!! $$$ :cheeky:

Hi,

how much for the IU ah ?? Me selling off my SP soon so going to buy the joyride most likely cos of its low price ! Will need alot of advice from you all then ! Thanks !

Kim

Originally posted by gentoro@Sep 6 2004, 12:09 PM

In all, we spend about 1k for resort, spa, makan and shopping. :cheeky:

for me think 1k quite ex leh. tot bintan is cheap, alot singaporean go there :confused:

Last week just send my joyride for 2nd service, think they put too much engine oil then cause the temp. go up 3 bar when ever i ride. After they take out the extra oil then back to normal.

MSN = [email protected]

Too much oil will actually cause your engine harder to start and lower in torque. Too little oil will cause temp to go up. Your case is opps leh? :confused:

Anyway, the cost of IU is $EX, even if you transfer from SP, teh shop will deduct 100~200 for the missing IU and you have to DIY for the IU. I got a IU back at home, but too lazy to fix it. Till now, its still siting in my house. :cheeky:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Originally posted by gentoro@Sep 7 2004, 10:14 AM

Too much oil will actually cause your engine harder to start and lower in torque. Too little oil will cause temp to go up. Your case is opps leh? :confused:

not very sure leh :confused: When i ride the bike with too much oil the temp. indicator hardly drop even when i'm on the move, the radiator fan will be ON when I reach home. but now wif the correct oil level the temp indicate only 1 bar most of my journey, sometime 2 bar when stopping at junction but will go back 1 bar when moving.

May i know whether how you check your engine oil level, I usually check mine in the morning or evening when I go home before starting the bike. :sweat:

MSN = [email protected]

Originally posted by gentoro@Sep 7 2004, 10:14 AM

Anyway, the cost of IU is $EX, even if you transfer from SP, teh shop will deduct 100~200 for the missing IU and you have to DIY for the IU. I got a IU back at home, but too lazy to fix it. Till now, its still siting in my house. :cheeky:

wah you actually ride around without the IU ?? then what if you want to go CBD ??

Originally posted by Scarab@Sep 7 2004, 11:16 AM

Ride one around for at least 3 mins before checking your oil level.

Thanks. You're right. :smile:

Just manage to get hold of the manual. It's say warm up the bike, wait 3-5min, clean the dip stick and insert back the dip stick(do not screw in). Pull out again to check oil level. :cheeky:

MSN = [email protected]