SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SSDC - Anyone Taking 2B There?

wah, considered fast, i took 3-4 lessons per prac last time, take till pek cek.

I think all the practice I had riding during my four lesson 2s played a part :)

26 already claim midlife crisis... then what about me ....:cry:

Heh bro, midlife crisis hits diff pple at diff times. You've had a better life than me, that's why you never hit midlife crisis until much later :cheeky:

Some fast learner got tuition outside ma.. thats why go prac that time damn zai lol..

=X :cheeky:

I saw before one condo carpark got chalk drawing marks of plank and pylons woh! Somemore draw until very zhun :giddy:

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wildcat

• jhawk2820

• bobo_rider

• fleaz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello fellow 'old' man...i am older than you...hehe. Well, better mistake during learning than out on the roads.:thumb:

I noe now :) Today I actually skidded around a corner during circuit revision just before Lesson 4 assessment. (Maybe I just exposed my identity, if the instructors who helped me up are in this forum reading. I was the kokster who kena trapped under the bike because foot kena caught in between the wheel and exhaust.)

Got some cuts, bruises, a slightly sprained foot and a painful lesson on why I need to change down to gear 2 when taking corners, especially when there's rain :cry:

Also learnt the importance of wearing safety gear. Leather gloves all torn up, and knee guard heavily scratched. I can only imagine the injuries if I didn't wear the proper gear :giddy:

I noe now :) Today I actually skidded around a corner during circuit revision just before Lesson 4 assessment. (Maybe I just exposed my identity, if the instructors who helped me up are in this forum reading. I was the kokster who kena trapped under the bike because foot kena caught in between the wheel and exhaust.)

Got some cuts, bruises, a slightly sprained foot and a painful lesson on why I need to change down to gear 2 when taking corners, especially when there's rain :cry:

Also learnt the importance of wearing safety gear. Leather gloves all torn up, and knee guard heavily scratched. I can only imagine the injuries if I didn't wear the proper gear :giddy:

are u the timewalker84 in hwz? over here dont have to worry about sexposing yourself 1 lah. :p

have fun learning! :cheers:

肥仔七åƒå·

are u the timewalker84 in hwz? over here dont have to worry about sexposing yourself 1 lah. :p

have fun learning! :cheers:

One and the same :D

And yes, I am having lots of fun during lessons!

Before TP need to go how many time Revision ??

请原谅我, 一切都是我的错, 都是我ä¸å¤Ÿæˆç†Ÿ

緣分和愛情是什麼

我最深爱的人伤我å´æ˜¯æœ€æ·±

Some really useful advice by instructor Riderwoon here. Closed throttle only halfway, and actually managed to last 10 secs on the plank.

Very luckily passed Lesson 4 today on 1st attempt with seven other guys. Having lots of circuit training really pays off. No longer afraid of plank le.

But now stuck for 1 month waiting for RTT :sian:

Same as you.. now waiting for RTT on the 23rd June..:)

Same as you.. now waiting for RTT on the 23rd June..:)

One day before me :cheers: Mine is on 24th June.

Can't believe I'm going to retake it for the 3rd time this coming Saturday. ):

Mistakes from First Session:

- poor down-gear shifting

- abrupt lane change

Mistakes from Second Session:

- abrupt lane change

- wobble during u-turn

- epic fail in safety check

if there's any tip / advise for me to improve, please share. (:

08/07/2010: 2B ; 09/05/2011: 3 ; 25/08/2011: 2a ; 29/01/2013: 2

20/07/2010 - 29/10/2011: Roadwin R125

21/11/2011 - : YZF-R15

23/12/2015 - 29/06/2017: BMW S1000RR

09/02/2018 - : Ducati 1198SP

Looking for plate no. FV1317T

- abrupt lane change

- abrupt lane change

- wobble during u-turn

Lesson 5, 6, 7?

- abrupt lane change

- abrupt lane change

- wobble during u-turn

If you have no mistakes during practice, u will most likely pass. so practice until you are good.

Managed to pass 3.2 some time ago at SSDC, going for lesson 4 soon, though havent book any dates. :D Good luck everyone!

Lesson 4's an assessment round. You need to score 18 points or below to pass IIRC. The assessment is made to simulate actual test conditions, so you have only one chance to pass the lesson.

Some tips for Lesson 4:

1) Know the route like the back of your hand.

2) Perform all your left right checks, back checks and blind spot checks correctly and try to make sure the instructors see you checking.

3) Go for one circuit revision slot in the session just before your Lesson 4. It helps boost your confidence.

4) Try to book a non-prime slot! Fewer cars on the circuit to cause you trouble when you exit the figure 8 or the crank course :angel:

Some guys take 4 lessons or more to pass lesson 4. Some are lucky and pass it 1st time round. Good luck bro, all the best :thumb:

To my earlier post, lesson 5. But luckily I passed today. (:

Now, lesson 6 tomorrow. Hopefully, I will get through on the first try. I want to go for my TP test on 01/07/2010.

I really want to end this license journey fast. :x

And probably get Class 3 after obtaining 2b.

Hi, like to check with u guys/gals. hw is the new SSDC ? Bike really hving prac at the top floor? Any parking for bike there.

Want to take some course but never been there b4.. Hope anyone can help.

Thanks..

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/26/1720945/3M-CarbonFibre-Vinyl-GTR1400.jpg

Ride safe, Live to ride another day !

Hi, like to check with u guys/gals. hw is the new SSDC ? Bike really hving prac at the top floor? Any parking for bike there.

Want to take some course but never been there b4.. Hope anyone can help.

Thanks..

Parking of bikes would be on the first floor. Near the security post.

Multi-storey. Level1, Level 3, Level 5. There's no level 2 or level 4 for practical.

Fifth level is where all the bikes are placed. Class 2B - Class 2A - Class 2.

Lesson 1 and Lesson 2 for class 2B are conducted at level 5. Same goes for cars.

Level 3 are used mostly for figure 8 and crank course. Not sure about cars.

Level 1 is where circuit test route and circuit revision are held. (:

Hope it gives you a better idea how the place is like.

Parking of bikes would be on the first floor. Near the security post.

Multi-storey. Level1, Level 3, Level 5. There's no level 2 or level 4 for practical.

Fifth level is where all the bikes are placed. Class 2B - Class 2A - Class 2.

Lesson 1 and Lesson 2 for class 2B are conducted at level 5. Same goes for cars.

Level 3 are used mostly for figure 8 and crank course. Not sure about cars.

Level 1 is where circuit test route and circuit revision are held. (:

Hope it gives you a better idea how the place is like.

Woah !! Thanks for the great info... dun want to get loss there hahaha

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/26/1720945/3M-CarbonFibre-Vinyl-GTR1400.jpg

Ride safe, Live to ride another day !

Before TP need to go how many time Revision ??

To do the revision is to practice for the day when U start to ride on the public road. Traffic Police test is secondary, your own safety "MOST IMPORTANT":dot:

Was doing circuit revision today, and a huge group of lesson 4 takers showed up (about 20 over?).

Today looked like a damn suey day for many lesson 4 takers. IIRC, about 60% failed the assessment.

Maybe the instructors can share some tips on some common mistakes the lesson 4 takers make on the circuit? A while back I only narrowly passed lesson 4 with 18 points, and this is very scary, considering I haven't even hit the road yet!

Was doing circuit revision today, and a huge group of lesson 4 takers showed up (about 20 over?).

Today looked like a damn suey day for many lesson 4 takers. IIRC, about 60% failed the assessment.

Maybe the instructors can share some tips on some common mistakes the lesson 4 takers make on the circuit? A while back I only narrowly passed lesson 4 with 18 points, and this is very scary, considering I haven't even hit the road yet!

HEY! We are on the same boat. I passed on my 2nd attempt with 18points. :x

I think safety check is the problem. I dare say we new riders are pretty complacent since the hazards on circuit is not on par when coming to on road.

And I took my lesson 5 three times due to my inability to practice safety check, lane changing and u-turning. ):

Need some help here from experienced riders. I have some problems in the circuit which I need advice on.

1) When I stop on the class 2B slope, I check inwards, signal right and move off. Am I missing out any blindspot or backcheck?

2) When I turn right off the class 2B slope stop line, what are the checks I have to do, and in which order? Is this correct?

a) Left right check

b) Check inwards

c) Backcheck (or Blind spot check?), move off.

3) When I turn into the plank+slalom area, eBrake area or admin area, should I signal right since I am effectively going off the main circuit?

4)Signalling in the figure 8 and crank course When should I cancel the left signal in the figure 8 and when should I switch it back on?

When entering the crank course, I have to signal left, but when exiting the crank course, I have to turn right. When is a good time to cancel left signal and switch on right signal?

Also, is it important to do blind spot check when exiting figure 8 and crank course? It's alot to do in a very short time (esp crank course), since I must signal right, do left right check and blindspot check all within the 1m exit of the crank course.

5) When there is traffic at the exit of the crank course, I sometimes have trouble shifting down to gear 1 in time. Any suggestions?

HEY! We are on the same boat. I passed on my 2nd attempt with 18points. :x

I think safety check is the problem. I dare say we new riders are pretty complacent since the hazards on circuit is not on par when coming to on road.

And I took my lesson 5 three times due to my inability to practice safety check, lane changing and u-turning. ):

Congrats on passing lesson 5!

For many of use, there's usually always one or two modules which we have to retake many times to pass! For me, it was lesson 2 (4 Times cos of plank!!!).

It's never a loss to do more lessons though. Esp lesson 5, since your 2 extra sessions are effectively also serving as road revisions!

Yeah. I have a huge problem with correctly doing safety checks. That's why I just created one mega post above this one asking for help :cry: Hopefully some zai kia will come in and answer some or all of the questions :cheeky:

Were you in today's 1.05pm slot?

Were you in today's 1.05pm slot?

Nope. The 3.20 slot :) You're doing 2A yeah? How's the feel of the Super 4? :thumb: