SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] KTM Dukes

ktmduker

Hi all Dukers, I need some help or inputs rather as im planning to buy the Duke 200. I am 1.8m tall and about 115kg. Will the Duke 200 suitable for me? Thanx.

Hey, I had a test ride on the 200 Duke over the weekend - going to buy one too. I'm 178cm, 82kg and the bike fit great. In all the many reviews I've read, the consensus seems to be that the height of the bike only becomes an issue if you're well over 6 feet. So at 180cm, height should be fine for you.

As for rider weight, the Duke has excellent power delivery - it just wants to go!

But you should go see the guys at Dirt Wheel - if you have a valid license, you can test the bike for yourself. The staff there are very friendly and helpful.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I'm about to purchase a new KTM 200 Duke. I was wondering what the general consensus was on running it in (break-in)? Stick to the manufacturer's instruction? Or ride hell-for-leather?

Check out this link, which recommends a hard break-in:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

What did you guys do? What has been the result?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey fellow Dukers, I am considering to get a duke 200. Was wondering if it has any issues or any maintenance related problems cause as I view the forums and online bike sellers, I see that as much a riders buy the Duke, there are also that much riders selling it as compared to other bikes... Do shed some light Dukers... I'm very interested in getting a Duke just need some info before the purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm Yan. Just got my duke 200 last 2 weeks. It's a great bike to be honest. Only thing is that the engine braking is rather harsh. It really will slow your bike down fast. The pick up is awesome too. And the handle is great to be honest. Maybe because I used to ride a sports bike last time. Any power parts to recommend. As in the ecu. I'm thinking of getting the sliders all. Anyone knows where to get it cheap. ?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs453.ash1/24942_1241684694473_1600003947_1142150_2378533_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs161.snc4/37411_1393877893691_1434487901_31346100_6816438_n.jpg

Red/black to yellow(blck stripe) to orange mix. !

How is the maintenance for duke200? And how is the FC like?

To ride on the road, You need skills,Stamina, or even luck.

But to be a good rider, you have to change with your environment,and adjust yourself to its rhythm.

Cultivate the confidence to face the different situations. Don't let yourself to be subdued by the environment :thumb:

Maintenance is fuss free, just make sure when you buy the bike it's not a lemon ;)

FC i get 35-40km/l. It runs a bit hot but that's the profile of the engine. Excellent for city traffic here with it's flickablity and pickups.

Sounds like a good bike. Are you selling? :lovestruck:

IG: @adrielwrites

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi. I'm Yan. Just got my duke 200 last 2 weeks. It's a great bike to be honest. Only thing is that the engine braking is rather harsh. It really will slow your bike down fast. The pick up is awesome too. And the handle is great to be honest. Maybe because I used to ride a sports bike last time. Any power parts to recommend. As in the ecu. I'm thinking of getting the sliders all. Anyone knows where to get it cheap. ?

agreed with engine braking...thats why gotta be careful in downshifts...its not the most forgiving bike for a newbie.

really fun in traffic though.

its really short geared..and sometimes i just shift from neutral to second in to get out of traffic and still picks up very fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Im thinking of selling my duke 125 for a ktm scrambler... I haven't seen any female duker other than myself. Bt seen quite a lot of scrambler-gals... When's next gathering before and if i sell my duke 125 for scrambler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st bike: Piaggio Sfera 80

2nd bike: Honda Phantom 150

3rd bike: Aprilia RS125

4th bike: Vespa PX150E

5th bike: Sachs MadAss 125

6th bike: Gilera VXR 200

Now: KTM Duke 125 *_*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey all. Considering buying a 4-year old Duke 200 from a colleague/friend. Price should be about $9000 to $9500.

Posted in the Bikes and Bytes section but I thought maybe here would get a better response. Bike seems to be a great deal and looks fantastic. Somebody mentioned above that the maintenance is fuss-free. Just wondering if something breaks down, are the parts expensive? That's the only thing that could be stopping me from getting the bike.

Assalamualaikum/Hello to fellow bikers...

Price : $19.90 Only with installation !!!LOWEST PRICE IN CAROUSELL !!!

100% Genuine Made In USA.

Over 400 pairs were sold !!!

PROMOTION !!!

Buy 2 pairs and above at $18/= per pair only !!! Purchase 4 pairs and above and enjoy free delivery + installation..

Contact me at 83885695 (Wan)

Pls check my listing at Carousell :

https://carousell.com/grabongrip

* 100 pairs sold in a month !! Customers who bought it, recommended to their friends coz this product WERKZ !!!

A MUST HAVE for your daily ride !!

-----------------------------------

- Grab On Grip covers reduce vibration and give you a softer feel, reducing hand and wrist fatigue, so you won't have that tingly feeling in your hands after a long ride.

- There are riders riding sportbikes with low handle bars, complain of sore palms from leaning on the grips for so long. With Grab On Grip covers, these problems will be a thing of the past !!!

- Grab On Grip covers allow you to ride in more comfort, especially on those long rides. PERFECT for the daily commuter, tour rider, and sport riders alike.

Features

---------

- Slip over existing grips for greater comfort, or to renew worn grips.

- Work with heated or standard grips.

- Save $$$, no need change the whole heater grip system which is very costly.

- Shock absorbing EPDM foam for a smoother ride.

- Provide comfort to wrist and palm. (Great for touring !!)

- Glove friendly.

- Extra durable, ozone, UV, gas and oil resistant

- Grip Covers MC402/width 1.25-1.45"/5"Length.

** Fits class 2, 2A, 2B bikes as long as its a standard grip, it can fit .

** There's customers that bought and fit it on their bicycles too !!!

Great for city riding where there's lots of traffic light, your hand will be tired during the on going "stop go" situation, this product will help to ease the stress on palm n wrist. Highly recommended for despatch/delivery riders.

"Once you try it, you'll LOVE it"

NOTE : Lot of customers been asking what's the difference between Grab On Grip with another brand that's selling @ $30-$35.

Ans :

- 1st of all, Grab on Grip is Made in USA while the other grip is Made in UK. So the difference in currencies. USD vs Pound Sterling

- Difference in QUALITY. No doubt both are EPDM Foam but customers that have used Grab On Grip and have tried the "other brand", eventually came back to use Grab On Grip. Customers claimed that the "other brand" became smelly after using it for awhile and it tends to slip to the balancer causing the throttle to "stuck" which is VERY DANGEROUS. They have never face this problem when using Grab On Grip. Well, expensive things doesn't mean its good.

- Some customers asked how come mine is "cheaper" than the rest ?

Ans : There's no need for me to claim i'm the "dealer/distributor" when the product i sell is 100% Genuine Made in USA.. As a biker, I wanted to share my great experience of using this product for more than 5 years at an affordable price.

------------------------------------

Tags : BMW - All models. Ducati - All Models. KTM - All Models. Harleys (Only if its standard grips. Those oversize grips, can't fit). Triumph - All models. Moto Guzzi, Reiju, Kawasaki - All models. Honda - All models. Yamaha - All models. Phantom, RXZ, Piaggio Vespa Gilera, Motard, Scramblers, Kups.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337219[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337220[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337221[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337222[/ATTACH]

#GrabOnGrip #GOG

"Shut Up n Ride"

• 2 years later...

Any 390 dukers here?

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/fierra_2009/HafizhCubPrix_L.jpg

Mar08-Mar09: Honda nsr150sp

Mar09-Jan10: Yamaha x1r

Jan10-Nov11: Honda super4 specIII/Suzuki Drz400sm

Nov11-Nov17: Yamaha spark 135

Dec17-Jun18: Yamaha Sniper 150

Jun18-Current: KTM Duke 390

• 11 months later...

i am looking to buy a duke 390. Any one here can advise on what to look out for?

Bikes

2003 - 2003 : TZM 150(Tasha) sold to albert

2004 - 2005: TZM 150(Tiera) sold to asphoon

2005 - 2007 : RS125(Ashley) sold to mah

2006 - 2007 : RUNNER(Gigi) Sold to a guy in sbf

2007 - 2007 : SPARK135(Shasha) Sold to a friend

2007 - current: RS250(Aini) currently riding

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/macan_putih/meNjun.jpg