SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF MaxSym Cafe

parotae

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont tink there is a best shop la. Can shop around and ask for the prices and free gifts. Should be ard 14-15k nw based on the new coe.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

hey guys, i had just bought a second hand maxsym 400i last week, registered in 2012 june. actually i am riding scooters for quite some time, this was the first time i had ridden a sym brand. i had some problems which i dont seem to be able to find a solution for. and the bike shop which i had bought it from, said it could be this n that, (as in trying to assume the problem)

The problem which i am facing now is that, my bike now, after starting after a long time rest, maybe 3 hrs or more. would have a VERY VERY diffcult time to start up. as in the cranking would be long, atleast 10seconds, then i will had to off the engine, and on it back, then try again, this time, it would be shorter, but still not say 1 push on ignition, 1 start kinda... the battery is new, servicing was done before i had taking out the bike. no backfire, no engine problems... but only this starting problem

any bros here got any idea what could be the cause of this long hard cranking?

Sept 06 - Feb 08 = TZM

Feb 08 - April09= CB 400 Version S

May 09 - Oct 10 = Harley XR1200

Oct 10 - Oct 12= KTM SMT 990

Oct 12 - Oct 13 = Tmax 500

Mar 13 - Jul 13= SYM maxsym 400

Jul 13 - Sep 15 = Getz 1.4

Oct 15 - Now = Burgman 650

Never ride faster then ur guardian angel could fly

I am assuming the fuel pump may not be supplying enough pressure or due to a fuel pump valve cannot hold the pressure.

Try turning on the ignition switch for 10secs and then start the bike. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I am assuming the fuel pump may not be supplying enough pressure or due to a fuel pump valve cannot hold the pressure.

Try turning on the ignition switch for 10secs and then start the bike. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

yup, i had tried that bro, even after 20 sec the bike was not able to start up

Sept 06 - Feb 08 = TZM

Hey guys, i had uploaded the picture of the problem which i had encountered

This video of the ignition problem was the 2nd start, the first cranking was about 10secs

then it started up

I switched off the bike after abt a good 5mins warm up, then took a video of the problem as shown in the video link

Pls advisehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbBTrvfuu3o

Sept 06 - Feb 08 = TZM

Get the cheap option done first. Change to iridium spark plug. U say they service before u take out the bike. Dont take their word for it.

hey bro, anyway i was just back from the bike shop, they apparently asked me a few questions, and they had ruled out that spark plugs are not the problem, before i cld leave my bike overnight with them, they had given me a few options that could be the problem, auto choke or stater coil

but a bike less then 2 yrs, can have this problem so fast meh?

Sept 06 - Feb 08 = TZM

If ur starter works (engine turning over), then ur starter parts no problem. Maybe u can see if any bikeshop can service the throttle body and injectors. Could be just dirty.

Or u can also opt to use those fuel injecter cleaner chemicals that pour into the petrol. Will be slower (maybe 1-3 tanks to have effect) but more gentle in cleaning and dont require dismantling

Have u checked the air filter? Make sure its not clogged or dirty?

Btw hw did they rule out spark plug? Got remove and check or just assume? Like i said. Dont take their word. If i were u, i will just change since its damn cheap and u confirm rule that out if the prob persists.

Nt sure bout other riders, but face this prob more often when i fill up msia petrol. Almost 2 years if sgp petrol, 100% startup first time.

wow it seems the bike shop mechanic nvr really gave me a bike in a good condition... after all these years they are still the same (most of em)

Sept 06 - Feb 08 = TZM

wow it seems the bike shop mechanic nvr really gave me a bike in a good condition... after all these years they are still the same (most of em)

as usual. they nv want to spend alot of fix a bike to maximize profit. i suggest u go to another bikeshop ah.

Hi mak, I experience such problem intermittently as well. Once I had to tow the bike as well.

However, the shops could not diagnose the problem. The bike started well while in the shop. Than I observed that when ever I had starting problem, I will switch off the engine, sometimes will also just kick the side stand down n up again than will depress the either brake lever gently... It will start. So far.. This is how I have been tackling the issue. Do not press the either brake lever too hard when you have problem starting. Try doing the steps I mentioned n depress brake lever gently... Shld solve the issue.

I experience this quite often. Spark plus changed. Side stand sensor fine..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/brendanchin/balls_1.jpg

If you're riding a bike but not calculating the 50 possibilities in the 50 meters of road ahead of you, then you're dangerous and shouldnt be on one.

hb1.jpghb2.jpghb3.jpghb4.jpghb5.jpgHB6.jpg

Selling custom made seng kwang rear rack with hepco becker universal rack. Can mount all hepco boxes. Seng kwang bracket cost me $300 to frabricate. Comes with lifetime warranty. Universal rack $120. Im open to reasonable offers. SALE DOES NOT INCLUDE BOX.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/brendanchin/balls_1.jpg

If you're riding a bike but not calculating the 50 possibilities in the 50 meters of road ahead of you, then you're dangerous and shouldnt be on one.

technically, it is the same with many scooter because we need to press brake lever and than start. i suspect just like my x9, can it be the brake lever switch??

Hi mak, I experience such problem intermittently as well. Once I had to tow the bike as well.

However, the shops could not diagnose the problem. The bike started well while in the shop. Than I observed that when ever I had starting problem, I will switch off the engine, sometimes will also just kick the side stand down n up again than will depress the either brake lever gently... It will start. So far.. This is how I have been tackling the issue. Do not press the either brake lever too hard when you have problem starting. Try doing the steps I mentioned n depress brake lever gently... Shld solve the issue.

I experience this quite often. Spark plus changed. Side stand sensor fine..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey guys, i had just bought a second hand maxsym 400i last week, registered in 2012 june. actually i am riding scooters for quite some time, this was the first time i had ridden a sym brand. i had some problems which i dont seem to be able to find a solution for. and the bike shop which i had bought it from, said it could be this n that, (as in trying to assume the problem)

The problem which i am facing now is that, my bike now, after starting after a long time rest, maybe 3 hrs or more. would have a VERY VERY diffcult time to start up. as in the cranking would be long, atleast 10seconds, then i will had to off the engine, and on it back, then try again, this time, it would be shorter, but still not say 1 push on ignition, 1 start kinda... the battery is new, servicing was done before i had taking out the bike. no backfire, no engine problems... but only this starting problem

any bros here got any idea what could be the cause of this long hard cranking?

Look for ah chong at ac motor

Honest and reliable guy

Scooter expert

Hi guys, after much consideration i've decided to sell my girlfriend of 2 years =(

color: black

Reg. Date: Apr 2012

Brand new unused Givi box and mounting will be given.

new Diablo tyres worth $500(less than 1000km)

New Brakepads (less than 1000km)

regular servicing at ACM

well maintained 2nd vehicle. selling due to lack of use. asking: $5000 COI: $123x38

call or sms me @97710767 for viewing

Look for ah chong at ac motor

Honest and reliable guy

Scooter expert

thanks man

Could i have the address of the location?

cause i always go to those shops at alexandra, nvr really 'explore' the other's

Sept 06 - Feb 08 = TZM

thanks man

Could i have the address of the location?

cause i always go to those shops at alexandra, nvr really 'explore' the other's

Alexander alot of black shops

A.C. Motors - Ah Choong. "Operating hours ... First East Centre,10 Kaki Bukit Road 2 (#03-02), SINGAPORE 417868.

Dun go so early sometime 11am he still not there

For those not already in the singapore maxsym rider fb group.

We will be attending Maxsym Riders Malaysia 2nd annual gathering at Golden Beach Resort (near Rompin) from 31 may to 2 June. 3 slots remaining. Signup on our fb page. Fast hand fast leg.

FYI. Last year 80+ maxsyms from MY and 5 from SG participated. Biggest maxsym event in the region.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

SYM Aficianado Singapore

https://www.facebook.com/groups/symas

Hi guys. I am planning to get a sym joymax 300i or maxsym 400i. Any recommendations? Thanks. .

If u r big size. Our wan more space for stuff. Our wan a modern semi fierce look for ur bike. Get max sym.

Never rode joy mMax but it looks smaller and likely not as comfortable for me 1.8m tall. I can stretch my legs fully on max sym