SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sensored traffic light junctions

Tyrian

Do you agree that sensored traffic light junctions are useful for bikers?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree that sensored traffic light junctions are useful for bikers?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

a couple of times and esp late at nite, i just park the bike and press pedestrian crossing at junction to get the traffic working otherwise my tiny bike will not be sensed keke

http://www.emilystrange.com/aaaemily/myspace/adds/ICanSeeYouEmilyStrange.gif

Originally posted by MiCmAsta@Oct 26 2004, 03:42 AM

Waited for it to turn green on little road... But it never did.... :sian:

marsiling lane junc to marsiling rd always like dat. i check blind spot den zoom!!

I DON'T KNOW THE KEY TO SUCCESS, BUT THE KEY TO FAILURE IS TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYBODY

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Exhaus-tion/got_to_keep_my_feet_on_the_ground/ff.gif

<u>BUY MATTRESS FREE HANDPHONE</u>

The Little Road there wah liao... Waited and waited... Cos there got a Red Light Camera... Then LL wait... and wait... and wait... and wait.. Till got taxi come... Happy... But the green arrow for the taxi appear to turn left.... Then Red again.... KNN... Waited for almost 10 minutes... :sleep:

Originally posted by aub@Oct 28 2004, 12:51 AM

if beat traffic light sure will hv bright flash??

Thats right... There will be a very BRIGHT LIGHT... Don't worry... You will not miss that FLASH LIGHT....

• 1 month later...

Coming back to the traffic light topic, i feel that i generally do not have much of a problem since changing from a wave to a super 4.. is it true that bigger bike more easily kena sensored?

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Jalan Kayu, the T-junction, left turn to Serangoon right turn to Yio Chu Kang road towards the CTE flyover...

The lights on the main road stays green, turns red, arrow appears, then dissappears, pause......... THEN TURNS GREEN AGAIN! :angry:

I waited there on a damp, freezing night in the wee hours after makan session, waited there alone like a fool for 3 WHOLE CYCLES, before I got off my bike and kicked the F#$&*(#@$^ pedestrain crossing button.

Damn pissed off. Where got traffic light don't turn green one? :angry: Cannot detect my bike? Then red light camera can detect right? What bullshit....

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by standlee@Mar 4 2005, 10:06 AM

nicoll highway turning into republic boulevard

tried some of the posts' recommendations. like stopping not too front ahead & keep within the 'box'. still dun works. waited ard 15mins & this car came besides me, instantly turns green!! :giddy:

• 1 month later...

just put side stand dismount and press pedestrian crossing button. if not u don even know when the next car aka ur traffic light savior will arrive. green man comes u 1 bike pass but the light won't turn red so soon the green man will slowly blink and blink so let the cars across wait.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

• 3 weeks later...

Stop within the tar lined boxes, depress front brake before stopping when front wheel is in the box works best. Yes its weight sensored.. Why would the boxes form up 2 or 4 rectangles just nice for the wheels of cars when it is electromagnetic sensored?

2005 GSX-R1000

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/MoviStar/sig.jpg

Redefining Total Performance. SUZUKI. Own The Racetrack.

Mirrors? Dont worry about the past..

hey, i made some discovery about this issue..

in order for the sensor to work, no matter how heavy u r, it wun work coz it isn't based on the weight issue.. tested n proven by me at Woodlands 888 carpark exit..

so, this is how u should activate the sensor.. it is better to wear shoes with metal parts like those King's Safety Shoes.. (that's wat i'm wearing).. so here come's the instructions

1. stop at the centre of the box

2. put down both ur feet n juz place it or step ON both the lines

3. wait..

next method that i'm trying out without those metal shoes..

1. juz place ur bike on the longest line.. nearing to the kerb.. dat's wat i did

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Originally posted by MoviStar@May 7 2005, 12:53 PM

Stop within the tar lined boxes, depress front brake before stopping when front wheel is in the box works best. Yes its weight sensored.. Why would the boxes form up 2 or 4 rectangles just nice for the wheels of cars when it is electromagnetic sensored?

there's quite a bit of writeups on the net on this. do a search.. its definitely not weight sensored...

Originally posted by Tyrian@Jun 16 2004, 01:43 PM

for those who wanna know what i mean, try waiting for the traffic light to turn green at woodlands drive 44 going towards woodlands drive 16,

I face this problem, too, at the very same junction!!! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

from what i've heard is that if you have a strong magnet underneath your bike the sensor goes off faster. wonder how true? :confused:

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

• 2 weeks later...

Er... No leh, I don't agree it's some metal sensor or what. If anyone have tried going out from the junction after turning left from Causeway Point, weight below 150 kg should not do the trick. (Btw, why is it always woodlands? LOL)

When I was riding vespa, the traffic light just doesn't turn green, and I had to bounce/jump my bike on spot then half a minute later it turns green (without letting my mainstand down). If it had been a magnetic sensor or what, the bouncing of my weight on the patch shouldn't make a difference. Now I never have this problem riding super 4.

Maybe junction differ from junction. Some use electromagnetic sensor and some use weight?

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/gnayed/n641300248_3172135_77.jpg

It might be an induction-loop trigger.

An induction-loop trigger is a length of electrical wire buried just under the road. Usually, the wire is laid out in a couple of rectangular loops resting on top of each other.

When a bike drives over an induction loop, it disturbs the loop's electromagnetic field. This changes the total inductance of the loop circuit.

This sort of field affects not only objects around the loop, but also the loop itself. The magnetic field induces an electrical voltage in the wire that is counter to the voltage of the circuit as a whole. This significantly alters the flow of current through the circuit.

The intensity of this induction depends on the structure and composition of the loop; changing the layout of the wires or using a different conductive material (metal) will change the loop's inductance. You can also change the inductance by introducing additional conductive materials into the loop's magnetic field. This is what happens when a car pulls up to the intersection. The huge mass of metal that makes up your car alters the magnetic field around the loop, changing its inductance.

The meter in the system constantly monitors the total inductance level of the circuit. When the inductance changes significantly, the computer recognizes this shift and knows that a bike has passed over the loop.

And because of the bike's size compared to other vehicles, aiming for the loops before coming to a stop at a sensored traffic light does help. The magnet improves it.

So now you know why the magnet comes in.

duhz. so you BOUNCE! :bounce: :lol:

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **