SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Brake Pads Discussion

eek

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SBS as quiet as OEM brake pads.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I know sbs is noisy and dusty if i recall from reviews.

Do update please.

Vesrah green pads from eversuccess.

Ebc hh from amazon.

hi, i'm looking for an update! EBC HH ate my previous rotor, i'm not keen on it, though it is really good price on amazon, and i don't need to ride 24km to the dealer. a long time ago Bro Hachi suggested Vesrah as a really good alternative, but i'm not sure VD JL(Sintered) or SD (resin)

i am also considering Goldfren S3 (not S33) for a balance of grip and rotor life, but not sure if its decent. the AD (red) ones are terrible in the rain.

yep, i woke a very old thread.

hi, i'm looking for an update! EBC HH ate my previous rotor, i'm not keen on it, though it is really good price on amazon, and i don't need to ride 24km to the dealer. a long time ago Bro Hachi suggested Vesrah as a really good alternative, but i'm not sure VD JL(Sintered) or SD (resin)

i am also considering Goldfren S3 (not S33) for a balance of grip and rotor life, but not sure if its decent. the AD (red) ones are terrible in the rain.

yep, i woke a very old thread.

Just get the SD ( Semi Metalic compound), used them for more than a decade. Never failed me on track or tour. Maybe I am slow.

Goldfren AD dont bother, waste money. Used on my S4, changed it within 2 weeks. S3 nv used before, so no comments.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Just get the SD ( Semi Metalic compound), used them for more than a decade. Never failed me on track or tour. Maybe I am slow.

Goldfren AD dont bother, waste money. Used on my S4, changed it within 2 weeks. S3 nv used before, so no comments.

thanks bro. anyone who has been to track is definitely more speed hungry than me. i got my first vesrah SD. Trust japan tech. eversuccess $20. ah boy now only carry EBC and the usual hopeless brakes.

Update: first day with Vesrah and clean calipers, thunderstorm. The brakes felt no different from the mscp, and on the road. Perhaps I ride too slow. Good stuff suitable for my style. Brake is progressive, not the intense initial bite from ebc hh, I like it. Look forward to try d2moto.

Edited by normanlai

thanks bro. anyone who has been to track is definitely more speed hungry than me. i got my first vesrah SD. Trust japan tech. eversuccess $20. ah boy now only carry EBC and the usual hopeless brakes.

For the past 10 years, it only increases $2, one of the most underrated brake pads. I am very slow on track, cant even break the 2 mins barrier. LOL.

Anyway safe ride. Make sure your tires are in good conditions. No point having a good brake pads with wore tires.

Gear 4th

Thru the years, i learned that caliper servicing, fluid quality and rotor condition is equally or more important. Im cheap so i get my rotors from china(50 compared to 300-500)and they all performed better than the grazed oem ones. If you want more sensitivity and modulation u can also change to steel braided (i roll with china 17vs 80 per line ).

Ebc hh was fantastic but i now roll with kelvar pads from usa(d2moto/volar) for about 1/5 the price they last somewhat about 70k i think. my friends love them too because they are cheap and we cant tell the diff with ebc.

The vesrah green/fizzpower and goldfren was disappointing.

Ah boy sbs was fantastic. Thanks hachi for the intro.

I track, tour and carve the mountains. Im very slow too

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Thru the years, i learned that caliper servicing, fluid quality and rotor condition is equally or more important. Im cheap so i get my rotors from china(50 compared to 300-500)and they all performed better than the grazed oem ones. If you want more sensitivity and modulation u can also change to steel braided (i roll with china 17vs 80 per line ).

Ebc hh was fantastic but i now roll with kelvar pads from usa(d2moto/volar) for about 1/5 the price they last somewhat about 70k i think. my friends love them too because they are cheap and we cant tell the diff with ebc.

The vesrah green/fizzpower and goldfren was disappointing.

Ah boy sbs was fantastic. Thanks hachi for the intro.

I track, tour and carve the mountains. Im very slow too

Do you have a link for your rotors bro. Better still do you have link for sprocket. I got to change soon. Chain perhaps DID is fine.

Thank you for the brake pad suggestion, I will try those when I ship in other things from usa.

A quick search reveals that the price is unbelievable from USA d2moto/volar. Can give it a try when my current pads run thin.

Does D2moto ships to SG? The brake pads and sockets look good. I don't mind giving it a try.

Edited by hachi

Gear 4th

• 1 month later...
A quick search reveals that the price is unbelievable from USA d2moto/volar. Can give it a try when my current pads run thin.

Does D2moto ships to SG? The brake pads and sockets look good. I don't mind giving it a try.

My fren volar brake pad detached from the backing plate!

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

My fren volar brake pad detached from the backing plate!

thanks for the update. my vesrah is half eaten i was thinking of bring it in with my next batch of US hoots. The Vesrah vibrates in the caliper i was lookin forward to try a different brand. any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• admin unpinned this topic