SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR Fireblade riders - CBR 600/918/929/954/1000

kata_killer

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Dewei@Dec 9 2004, 02:31 AM

Haha....White_954, nice to meet U today at Mah. Wat a coincident.:smile: Hope to join U all once I get back my bike? Btw, U still got ur 954 user manual? Can I photo copy from U? I also willing to buy.

hey i got the manual ......maybe just let you have it at $5 . I also have the original service manual for sale at $40

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/redsuns74/FP3762J-1_zps552ea30c.jpg

Originally posted by Sckona@Dec 11 2004, 03:19 PM

dewei, i suggest you take it slow with this bike, dun push yourself first. get use to the bike, its quite a major leap from a 400cc to a 1000cc bike.

ride safely.

Hi Sckona, thanx for ur advice. R U the one which I saw yesterday(sat) at Dunlop Street? Coz I saw a 929 with a red color back sit? Oh well, I was there to hunt for some both swing arm and frame slider and set of engine armour. Btw, got any good recommendation to get those stuff?

Originally posted by Ken@Dec 11 2004, 05:55 PM

So, the design of the mirror is good, mine sure crack all the way.

Total repair fee not that much mah, think the shop not eating u.

i was afraid the shop might eat u in the 1st place.

Hope the welding provide good results.

Must change good tires and good brake pads soon man.

Remember not to push hard again man.

Good luck Dewei.

Just in doubt? Ok,I just got my bike for 2 weeks. As for tyre....the previous owner fitted the Pilot. Ok,the thread for the tyre still ok. But I personally feel tat the tyre are rather hard. Dunuo is the tyre kept too long in the shop or due to the pressure. Anyway to find out? As for brake pad....durin' the day I get bike, just ask the shop to change the front liao....but I think they change the cheap cheap type for me lah. As for the rear pad...still haven't change....coz tat day the shop say their rear pad run out of stock and ask me to come back the other day to change.

Yaya...is all the 954 brake so strong? I just apply a gentle pressure on the brake when travelling at 110+km/hr....then I skid liao. Dunuo is the tyre no grip or I still can't get use to the brake. Is all the class 2 bike brake so strong? But I did heard tat 954 got a fantastic brake system as compare to other litre class bike. Pls justify me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Hikaru@Dec 11 2004, 09:21 PM

hey i got the manual ......maybe just let you have it at $5 . I also have the original service manual for sale at $40

Ok...thanx...well...I personally got the service manual...but I heard there is another User manual which I dun have. U also have it? If got I buy from U. For CBR954...beside the service manual...wat other manual come wif the bike?

Originally posted by Ken@Dec 12 2004, 03:54 AM

Changed to DC 180/55, $420. Hope it dun disappoint me...

Toking abt this tyre...I know nuts!! Is BT012 good? Ok, I hope to get a tyre with very good grip mostly on dry road. As for wet...normal grip will do. Wearing rate...I dun realli care. Is there such a tyre to suit me? Yaya...budget also important.

Can tell me some pro and cons of ur newly change DC? $420 for the entire set of tyre?

ya $420 for front and rear.

If u r looking at road tires, try the BT014, although i had only tried BT014 on this bike, i can tell u that u will love it.

Want milleage? u got it.

Want grip? u got it too. Very good grip infact.

Should be around $340.

I'm biased.

Ken, did you just changed your tyres for the track??

Diablo Corsa or Supercorsa??

i presume you know that the tyres have to be very well worn in before you whack it hard on the track.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Originally posted by Dewei@Dec 12 2004, 03:54 AM

Just in doubt? Ok,I just got my bike for 2 weeks. As for tyre....the previous owner fitted the Pilot. Ok,the thread for the tyre still ok. But I personally feel tat the tyre are rather hard. Dunuo is the tyre kept too long in the shop or due to the pressure. Anyway to find out? As for brake pad....durin' the day I get bike, just ask the shop to change the front liao....but I think they change the cheap cheap type for me lah. As for the rear pad...still haven't change....coz tat day the shop say their rear pad run out of stock and ask me to come back the other day to change.

Yaya...is all the 954 brake so strong? I just apply a gentle pressure on the brake when travelling at 110+km/hr....then I skid liao. Dunuo is the tyre no grip or I still can't get use to the brake. Is all the class 2 bike brake so strong? But I did heard tat 954 got a fantastic brake system as compare to other litre class bike. Pls justify me if I'm wrong.

Pilot is the oem tire for 954.Think you should ride around b4 you start to explore

the smooth power of a blade. :smile:

Originally posted by Dewei@Dec 12 2004, 03:54 AM

all honda brakes r powerful , when i rode cb400 , cbr600f4i , i can feel tat the braking has btr feel n control as compare to other bikes .

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Having a double front brake disc is definately more effective than a single 1 when u applied it. Tat's the difference compared to smaller bikes. :btw: As for the tyres, i think there is a manufatured date stated along the sides. Got to search for it. Correct me if i am wrong. :thumb:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/introspect7/JsRacingRear-1.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/899/mainlogoir1.jpg

FB 39 H - Traxxion Dynamic Fork Kit , Traxxion Titanium Preload Adjuster , Penske Rear Shock Absorber , M4 Full Titanium Full System , Pc 3 USB , Factory Pro Velocity Stacks , BMC Race Air Filter , Gilles Adjustable Rearset , Sprint Damper , Brembo Master Cylinder , Floating Pins , Swage Steel Braided Brake Lines , AFAM Rear Spocket 47" , DID 'O' Rings , Akrapovic Titanium Slip-On , Puig DB , Powerbronze Rear Hugger - End Of R1 05 Era ( 14/7/06 )

Originally posted by Throttle@Dec 12 2004, 07:50 AM

Ken, did you just changed your tyres for the track??

Diablo Corsa or Supercorsa??

i presume you know that the tyres have to be very well worn in before you whack it hard on the track.

Diablo Corsa. I always did a 4 laps warmup and stopped to check the tire condition then decide it needs more warmup anot.

actually what i meant was that if you have not clocked enuff on your new tyres, they may not be ready for the track. but i think you know better.

plse see if you can get a tyre gauge today and i will try to get mine back from my friend, otherwise no tyre gauge to to ride on track?? does buzzbeam have??

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Originally posted by Dewei@Dec 9 2004, 02:31 AM

Haha....White_954, nice to meet U today at Mah. Wat a coincident.:smile: Hope to join U all once I get back my bike? Btw, U still got ur 954 user manual? Can I photo copy from U? I also willing to buy.

yo dewei, ya i got my manual with me.... u want???? :smile: btw tokking abt 954, i do miss my bike very much... sobsob :cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/andy954/White954.jpg

Speed kills, ride a Honda......The power of dreams!!!

Originally posted by Throttle@Dec 12 2004, 05:15 PM

actually what i meant was that if you have not clocked enuff on your new tyres, they may not be ready for the track. but i think you know better.

plse see if you can get a tyre gauge today and i will try to get mine back from my friend, otherwise no tyre gauge to to ride on track?? does buzzbeam have??

Orr, didnt get ur ''worn in'' correctly, 100km on it with some bends should be okie bah.

Originally posted by Dewei@Dec 12 2004, 03:43 AM

Hi Sckona, thanx for ur advice. R U the one which I saw yesterday(sat) at Dunlop Street? Coz I saw a 929 with a red color back sit? Oh well, I was there to hunt for some both swing arm and frame slider and set of engine armour. Btw, got any good recommendation to get those stuff?

nope.. that not me.... think i should change my rear seat cushion colour liao....:sweat:

NSR 150SP; Super 4 Spec I; CBR 929; GSX 750; R 1150 GS; Piaggio X8

Feels like moving a circle....

Originally posted by White_954@Dec 12 2004, 06:18 PM

yo dewei, ya i got my manual with me.... u want???? :smile: btw tokking abt 954, i do miss my bike very much... sobsob :cry:

Hi...just to check out wif U. I got a photocopy of the service manual of 954. Heard tat there is another call " user manual" right? I'm lookin for this. Btw, how many manual come wif ur 954 when U purchased last time. If got, I'm willing to buy from U. Thanks alot and hope to join U all soon. Hee hee...gettin my bike back tml evening.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Originally posted by DeltaBox V@Dec 12 2004, 10:32 PM

Any of you guys going to the anniversary :confused:

I'll definitely go. Coz I goin to search for some protection slider and engine armour. See during tat days realli got discount or not.