SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia RS4 125

personified

Oh, so there's nothing wrong with my bike? Yours also cut off like that? I was told to change sprocket by my friend too.. But i don't know where to find it. If it's not too expensive maybe can change..

Is it damaging for the bike to do high revs and hold it there? For example cruising 120 from East to West coast everyday.. Cause that's my daily commute.. I usually cruise around 90-100 because i'm afraid the high revs will kill my bike.. my friend's bike seems to run on much lower revs compared to mine (Comparison of revs at same speed, he rides a Bajaj Pulsar 200NS)

I noticed you were cruising at above 100+ the day you passed me on PIE.. i figured i was just slow.. Did you do anything to improve your bike?

@sliippers Nope.. =) Nothing wrong with your bike. Mine's like that too. Its true that changing your sprocket size to a smaller one does increase a lil bit of your max speed, but its recommended that you change your sprocket when it is really the time to change(wear and tear servicing) if you are tight in budget. Furthermore, your bike is still new. One set of chain+sprocket costs about $280.

Constant high revs of your bike DAILY as what you said earlier(120km/hr) definitely damages your bike. You'll be facing wear and tear of your parts faster and sooner. My daily cruising speed is about 80-95km/hr. Though RS4 125 is not a high performance bike, it is still a high revving bike. Hence, once in a while it still need to push the speed to its limit(to 10-11RPM, maintain for 10-20secs, perhaps 1-2x a week?)to maintain its performance and then back to your normal cruising speed.

Comparing different cc bikes is hard to tell.. That pulsar you described is a 200cc bike while ours is 125cc.. Both of the bikes uses different speedometer and sensor parts. Its the same as you are comparing a Yamaha X1 , 110cc with our bike, 125cc. When they are travelling 100km/hr for example, ours will be at about 85km/hr. Hence the revs too will be different.

At that point of time i was really desperate for the toilet '-___- But just nice at that moment its time for me to high rev my bike and i was travelling at 105km/hr. Hope your doubts and questions have been clarified. =)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be getting a second hand RS4 soon, may i know what to look out for before closing the deal. Thanks ppl

I'm still new but I experienced mistake in insurance quote and actual paid.. So do double check.. I heard common problems with the bike is the gear.. So far mine no problem though.. Hard to check for defects when buying second hand bike.. Previous owner sure tell u no problem.. In that case only can check for major physical damage.. if from shop.. Ask for warranty.. Lols.. Hope this info was helpful.. Maybe Must wait for riders who rode this bike longer than me for more detailed info.. Hahaha..

guys my ride is a little bumpy n hard since i took over, seems like i cant feel the grip of the tires very well compared to other bikes i have rode. is it a common issue?

Grip of tyres? Have you checked your tyre thread and its pressure?

What i want to know is, what are the maintainence fees? As in how much to change theengine oul and all etc etc that.

Buy first hand from Mah.. Got 3 oil changes no labour charge.. Oil they give motorex one.. About 10+

If you do outside.. Change fully synthetic.. Around $33.. $23 oso have.. But u roughly get the idea..

Maintenance wise Ok for me cause still under warranty.. Anything bring back change for free.. My bike brand new I've had for about 2 months.. Issues so far (not accident).. Broken tail light.. Speedometer sensor spoil.. Now brake spring broke.. Oh and stock sava tyres are. Not good.. I skidded through red light ytd.. For a good few metres.. Ended up just running it.. Lucky there were no cars..

• 2 weeks later...
YEAH!! Collecting my bike in few days time, are there anythg I should look out for when collecting?

Check if it's an Aprilia~

but in all seriousness check out

and some parts he missed out here

this other one the first few minutes is helpful to since some people always lie about the drop part

Check if it's an Aprilia~

but in all seriousness check out

and some parts he missed out here

this other one the first few minutes is helpful to since some people always lie about the drop part

Damn! Didnt told u guys im buying a first hand bike and not a used one. HaHA!

Will be going to Mah to collect it on Wednesday..

Anyone know where I could get sliders for this bike and roughly how much I could get it for? If possible the R&G kind. Thanks alot

I got my r&g sliders for 300.. I think i saw ur bike today.. Its the only other rs4 with fbj plate there.. Not many rs4s coming out recently.. Welcome to our club.. Lolol..

Aaand the forum dies again.. Saw a FBJ****X rs4 at RP.. Looks like rs4 not so exclusive alr.. Hahas..

kids these days can 'afford' all this exclusive bike because their parents allow them too and willing to help them out..

unlike kids back in those days..

plus they willing to spend big bucks and starve just to have swag

kids these days can 'afford' all this exclusive bike because their parents allow them too and willing to help them out..

unlike kids back in those days..

plus they willing to spend big bucks and starve just to have swag

Unfortunately im one of those kids too.. Abit regret buying first hand bike.. But at least i still love my bike.. I mean i still turn around to look at it when im walking away.. Lols.. Just so sad that theres no power.. A 200cc rs4 would be sweet..

letting go of my rs4 too, pm for details.

riding this baby for 2 years so far, regular wear n tear issues, nth major.

stock parts to worry bout,

signal light s are really fragile, rain drops can break them.

tires are shitty, change to corsa 2 if possible but do take note of chain clearence

my rear break spring also broke but i had it replaced, dont ask how... nt a deal breaker unless ur really fussy then head down to amk industrial park 2 and look for ah bao, great mechanic with knowledgable exp with rs4 125

currently using motul 300v 10w40 synthetic engine oil, really good quality, noticed an increase in power and top speed. take note, regular 2b bikes take a single bottle of EO, ours need 1.2L, so its one bottle plus a lil more.

racing in traffic...

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...