SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Paint For Rusty Exhaust

hey guys. I read from my SP manual that if i remove the entire pipe and want to install back, its a must to replace the gasket. So if i take out the entire pipe to spray black, is it really a must to replace the gasket even if its in good condition?

I have removed my pipes on my Yamaha a couple of times .. Gaskets not changed. Can probably still function , manufacturers and manuals always play it safe and are afraid that you might damage (slight tear or wear/tear) gaskets when removing.

Will leak and cause temperature to feel hotter at the groin area when you stop at traffic lights and such but would not cause much damage unless it gets so hot that it melts your electrical wires or fuel lines- worst case scenario. But it gap got to be pretty big, which you would be able to see, to cause this kind of damage.

I would say it would be okay to remove a few times before replacing them depending on how comfortable you feel like doing. Anyway they are pretty cheap $3/4 should be enough I guess.

Edited by le_stann

Doing everything DIY that I can now.. Judging by the way things are rite now , it is for the best..

Makes you stronger and less dependent on bike shops.

Encourage others to do likewise and help new riders identify fair deals online~ thus making direct seller to buyer purchases.

Its the only way we can push the motorcycle industry in Singapore forward.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

After reading up on several articles on rust removing i think this is the easiest way out -

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=43917.0

160207 - 170407: Honda NSR SP150

230507 - 140807: Aprilia RS125 '99

300712 - 290113: Ducati Monster 400 '02

050213 - 190413: Honda CBR 400RR '96

090413 - Present: BMW 316i '12

Why fear the silence when it's already so noisy - Gj

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone tried using coke to get rid of rust? It works. Seriously. I didn't believe it despite all the videos I've watched, until I tried it myself on my header pipe.

Pour coke over rusted part, let it sit for about a minute, use sponge or cloth to rub away the rust. Pour more coke as you rub, keep it wet.

I used half a small bottle of coke for my pipe. And it works better than sandpaper.

Honda CG145, Honda CB150R ExMotion. And a few others in between...

Has anyone tried using coke to get rid of rust? It works. Seriously. I didn't believe it despite all the videos I've watched, until I tried it myself on my header pipe.

Pour coke over rusted part, let it sit for about a minute, use sponge or cloth to rub away the rust. Pour more coke as you rub, keep it wet.

I used half a small bottle of coke for my pipe. And it works better than sandpaper.

I will try.

Do tell was there a re occurrence?

making slow bikes go faster via mobile

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

hey guys. I read from my SP manual that if i remove the entire pipe and want to install back, its a must to replace the gasket. So if i take out the entire pipe to spray black, is it really a must to replace the gasket even if its in good condition?

good practise but not a must. Inspect the gasket for leaks

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Have you try bukit merah?

I bought and used it already few months back on my exhaust. Hold up very well for a few months. Guess i did not remove the rust completely before spraying it black. I think need rust converter to convert all first if not it will just keep coming back. I used both high heat primer and spray.

Get $10 off at www.iherb.com with coupon code SUP186 for first time customer!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Go Mustafa, buy the 1200 degrees cels (black or silver)

Sand down with medium grit sand paper to remove all those brownish stuff on the exhaust

Dry completely before sparying

Spray really fine coats

Maximum 2 or 3 coats

Fix back, start bike, let it run for about 3 mins, let it cure overnight (or at least dont touch water)

• admin unpinned this topic