SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Paint For Rusty Exhaust

Guest enHANZed
how about a rusty chrome pipe on a SP ? how ah ?

Rusty already then LL ... must rechrome. I suppose u had a fall therefore leaving some scracthes and the scratches rust rite? Like that cannot help. Unless u want to spray all black or high temp silver or else u need to send the thing for rechrome. Another option is for u to send the end can for plating.

so clever ...... :D ....can spray red anot ?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how about a rusty chrome pipe on a SP ? how ah ?

Rusty already then LL ... must rechrome. I suppose u had a fall therefore leaving some scracthes and the scratches rust rite? Like that cannot help. Unless u want to spray all black or high temp silver or else u need to send the thing for rechrome. Another option is for u to send the end can for plating.

so clever ...... :D ....can spray red anot ?

red??? :giddy: :giddy: :bow: :bow:

Guest StreetFighter63

U want to spray red .. CAN .. no one stopping u .. but make sure find the high temp ones. I saw a high temp red color spray at AutoBAcs. That's the only place I saw having red high temp spray.

• 2 weeks later...

i hav tried sending to the bike shop for them to spray bt the blk paint did not last to 2 months... think the bike shop did not do a good job... :sweat:

http://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/image/staff_kanan.gifhttp://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/image/staff_katagiri.gifhttp://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/image/staff_ringo.gifhttp://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/image/staff_yuukisan.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Offer u some tips of mine..... Dunno if will work for u guys.... Sand off the rust..... get air compressor to blow the area..... apply high temperature primer..... primer apply 2 coat on a hot sunny day..... each coat apply between 2 to 3 hours..... spray high temp black paint...... must wait for 24 hours before spraying black paint...... 8 months liao..... still look as good as new..... only occasionally spray black just to have that fierce look....

?? what's high temperature primer?? so u riding a Super 4 as well??

I just bought a can of high temperature spray paint from one of those DIY shop about $8..... according to what's shown... it can tahan temperature up to 1200 deg F.... so it's about 400 deg C to 500 deg C.

So will be doing up my Super 4 exhuast soon... and will see how long can it last.... will keep u guys posted...

when it heats up, aint the smoke choking?

It will, so its best to give the bike a good warming up after applying. That will make the engine oil dry onto the headers first. After that then ride as per normal, after a day, there will be no more smell.

Is it possible to organise a DIY sessons for those who want to coat their headers black.

Im in sat or sun?

There are too many coincidences in life,

Sometimes even a pair of parallel lines meet.

Is it possible to organise a DIY sessons for those who want to coat their headers black.

Im in sat or sun?

Idea, tongeh you have the high temp spray? Else we need to purchase. Share share la.

1) newspapers

2) adhesive tapes

3) black high temp spray, and what else we need

Location, tongeh house... :p (lets discuss)

Im in sat or sun?

Idea, tongeh you have the high temp spray? Else we need to purchase. Share share la.

1) newspapers

2) adhesive tapes

and also a camera, snap snap DIY guide.

Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

Im in sat or sun?

1) newspapers

2) adhesive tapes

guys , try the spajaard high temp manifold n exhast paint(its a spray) from mah motor.

i feel tat better then the rj brand high temp spray.

someone in the s4 forum intro to me n i tried it , he told me 5 mths still black.

the rj one i try but after two weeks symptons of fading shown but this spajaard brand after two weeks still looks very good(although 2 weeks but got feeling going to last )

no harm trying! :smile:

Fcuk U! Kawasaki is back!

Wow, thanx for the recommendation. I wonder would the end result be better if I spray 2 different brands of high temp spray. :p

heehee i dunno leh!

but i m veri please to see my headers going black after two weeks still no sign of fading

one more problem off my bike!

Fcuk U! Kawasaki is back!

Im in sat or sun?

1) newspapers

2) adhesive tapes

guys , try the spajaard high temp manifold n exhast paint(its a spray) from mah motor.

i feel tat better then the rj brand high temp spray.

someone in the s4 forum intro to me n i tried it , he told me 5 mths still black.

the rj one i try but after two weeks symptons of fading shown but this spajaard brand after two weeks still looks very good(although 2 weeks but got feeling going to last )

no harm trying! :smile:

Its ok having it at my place.

But i do not have the spary so we can share $$ and purchase required items.

Im definitly going to DIY on this sunday!!!

So hows the update

if we r going to do it tomorrrow then by today we gotta buy those essential items.

whos in?

No other people responded. Looks like only me and you. How about we can purchase the spray at mah motorparts, then we'll do the DIY over there? Or even at the multistorey carpark near Ahboy. Save the trouble of running around. I'll bring some used newspaper and scotchtape over.

Let's set it on sunday.

I start the list.Tomorrow 2pm at serangoon central BLK203, water tools will be supply. But the vital tool that we need to remove the exhuast will not be provided!!!!

1) tOngEh

2) Aiya4

3)

Any more comers

call me at 94385666 asap!!!

I will be buying those sprays according to head counts, soory to say that late comers may not be able to share the supply!!

Im calling aiya4 now to meetup!

Heh guyver you hadn't sprayed yours?

Actually I did not take out the manifold for spraying, only tongeh took his out as his quite bad condition. Generally I suppose we are both satisfied with the end result. Nice black new look. :D

As for how long it could last, this we'll have to see.