SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NC700X

kmjoe

dont use mineral as the next chg is at 4800 which will be a long one

Noted. :)

I am still currently on mineral oil and have another 600km to go before my 1st oil change. Will go for a ride to Port Dickson and back then go for my 1st servicing.

Hope the panniers can make it in time otherwise have to activate backpack :(

saw a gray and orange NCS wave at me on the expressway while going to work ytd morning wonder who is he haha, nice to see fellow NC brothers otr...

btw NC brothers, r&g rear huggers are in stock

Hi all,im quite interested in this bike.. Btw,so far any major problem with this bike other than the 1 faced by bitx?

whats the + & - point of this bike?

+ great fuel consumption (up to 32km/l)

+ up to 12k interval for servicing (but not advisable due to our climate?)

+ only 2 spark plug (parallel twin)

+ easy/excellent control

+ nice torque

+ extra storage space at the dummy tank

- low top speed for a 700cc due to parallel twin (up to 18xkmph)

- no fork guard (can diy or buy)

- rear shock exposed to dirt fling from tire (get a rear hugger)

- front fender a little too short (get a fender extender or radiator guard)

- can be troublesome at petrol fills as its under pillion seat

personally i ride slowly and even a class 2b is enough but some extra speed for light touring, ABS to avoid skids, comfortable n slightly tall bike to suit me but yet economical and the NCX fits the bill very very well. so generally this is a excellent bike if you want a economical class 2 commuter.

Edited by kmjoe

saw a gray and orange NCS wave at me on the expressway while going to work ytd morning wonder who is he haha, nice to see fellow NC brothers otr...

btw NC brothers, r&g rear huggers are in stock

+ great fuel consumption (up to 32km/l)

+ up to 12k interval for servicing (but not advisable due to our climate?)

+ only 2 spark plug (parallel twin)

+ easy/excellent control

+ nice torque

+ extra storage space at the dummy tank

- low top speed for a 700cc due to parallel twin (up to 18xkmph)

- no fork guard (can diy or buy)

- rear shock exposed to dirt fling from tire (get a rear hugger)

- front fender a little too short (get a fender extender or radiator guard)

- can be troublesome at petrol fills as its under pillion seat

personally i ride slowly and even a class 2b is enough but some extra speed for light touring, ABS to avoid skids, comfortable n slightly tall bike to suit me but yet economical and the NCX fits the bill very very well. so generally this is a excellent bike if you want a economical class 2 commuter.

Sounds good...

interest generated !!!

street price 19+?

I currently on Vstrom 650

Ride until pretty bored..

Wonder if this baby can be a equivalent ...

full tank local can clock 360++

i just feel the sai tao a bit small.

Touring 2 up still can maintain 140?

Parallel Twin has less vibs than V-twin. .which is GOOD!!!

anyone with 3 boxes already? Givi? H&B ? Sw-motech rack?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Oh dear.. I'm 1.68m and intend to get the 700X. I managed to tiptoe on both legs on the 700S. How tall are you?

Looks like I may have to lower the suspension by 2cm if I were to get the X.

I mounted the bike @ Loois....

Feels like a very high S4.....

Mounted Crossrunner.. the bike is short

Mounted Crosstourer... Feels weird.... (cos mounted F800,GS1200, S10, )

Hahahah

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

btw guys anyone intalled any after market mirrors.. wana change mine.. cz sometime while squeezing the mirror tends to hit cars side mirror while squeezing..

trying to find a good mirror that is strong and affordable and the same length as the handlebar..??

"Let them hate provided they fear"

went for my 4000km servicing last week although my mileage was at 5500km when i sent in to BS..

wanted to go for the cheaper grades oil..

basically BS have two type of engine oil that u may choose to use and include in the packages:

1)fully syn castrol power 1 10w50 and

2) mineral oil castro activ 20w50.

the first one felt way better changing gear and starting up engine and dont feel that sluggish. cost $146 with GST with labour charge 41 bucks.

currently regretted choosing the 2nd one for my 2nd servicing.. although its cheaper $107 with GST with labour charge 41 bucks.. gear change feels sluggish.

although BS says its still a recommended cheap and safe engine oil.. i will probably stick to the castrop power 1 engine oil for my next service..

btw guys wad kind of engine oil did u guys change to..?? all these my previous bike was always motul semi-syn.. however due to BS warranty my 1st year oil changing etc must be done by them.. sad..

"Let them hate provided they fear"

Sounds good...

interest generated !!!

street price 19+?

I currently on Vstrom 650

Ride until pretty bored..

Wonder if this baby can be a equivalent ...

full tank local can clock 360++

i just feel the sai tao a bit small.

Touring 2 up still can maintain 140?

Parallel Twin has less vibs than V-twin. .which is GOOD!!!

anyone with 3 boxes already? Givi? H&B ? Sw-motech rack?

otr is around 19k+ for my abs model inclusive of my pathetic 1.6k insurance n 2k coe, but i tink the price of the bike have been marked up abit. I'm not sure if the NCX can be compared with the Vstrom as its ment to be a real adv tourer. NCX is just a crossover.

due to the fact that this bike full tank is only 14.1L i usually clock about 31x-330 before reserve light blinks. ytd topped up 10.526L after 333.1km which gives me ard 31km/l at only rm20 hehehe, but fc varies due to riding style, i ride damn slow tts y got this millage.

yes the "windshield" is pretty damn small, but its actually not all that bad, better than no windshield at all.

the thing about this bike is they purposely give u all the "cheap" stuff or dont give at all and sell the preferred/necessary parts separately to keep the cost of this bike low and earn from their parts like mainstand, touring windshield etc etc

140 not an issue at all, its a good cruising speed.

yup the vibration is not that bad.

h&b i believe someone have alrdy, but not sure if he is in this community

Hahahah

i used to have a s4, now after riding the ncx for some time... s4 or fz6 feels like a tiny bike to me lol...

went for my 4000km servicing last week although my mileage was at 5500km when i sent in to BS..

wanted to go for the cheaper grades oil..

basically BS have two type of engine oil that u may choose to use and include in the packages:

1)fully syn castrol power 1 10w50 and

2) mineral oil castro activ 20w50.

the first one felt way better changing gear and starting up engine and dont feel that sluggish. cost $146 with GST with labour charge 41 bucks.

currently regretted choosing the 2nd one for my 2nd servicing.. although its cheaper $107 with GST with labour charge 41 bucks.. gear change feels sluggish.

although BS says its still a recommended cheap and safe engine oil.. i will probably stick to the castrop power 1 engine oil for my next service..

btw guys wad kind of engine oil did u guys change to..?? all these my previous bike was always motul semi-syn.. however due to BS warranty my 1st year oil changing etc must be done by them.. sad..

wa bro never use mineral oil, its only for 1st time use due to short interval... if i had a choice i would rather go out to my regular mech to chg oil etc, BS is overpriced yet duno wth they did to your bike.... even if they didnt do anything you also wont know...

Hi all,im quite interested in this bike.. Btw,so far any major problem with this bike other than the 1 faced by bitx?

whats the + & - point of this bike?

mine was more like a freak incident. personally find no problem with the bike :)

Hahahah

After riding for a couple of months, the height doesn't bother me already. Feels good to be tall and see ahead.

does anyone here bring your own engine oil for boon siew servicing? i just realized that the 10w-50 they use is too thick. no wonder throttle doesn't feel smooth at all... recommended in our manual is actually 10w-30...

has anyone tried to redline you NC? i tried ytd and felt a jerk, i quickly lower the rev after that, is it suppose to be like this?

does anyone here bring your own engine oil for boon siew servicing? i just realized that the 10w-50 they use is too thick. no wonder throttle doesn't feel smooth at all... recommended in our manual is actually 10w-30...

has anyone tried to redline you NC? i tried ytd and felt a jerk, i quickly lower the rev after that, is it suppose to be like this?

I'm sending mine in on Tues, will give Mr Toh a call to see if I can bring my own oil.

Rev up to around 6000+ rpm, no jerk or anything funny, just that the power diminish quite a lot when reaching redline. Still on mineral.

thx bro, can save alot on the eo if possible... my friend's vfr bring his own oil and the mech will say they are not responsible for any problems if they use it, its rather lame as the oil he brought is better than what they selling...

Most importantly is that they don't void warranty.

No bikes at the moment,i think BS left only NC on display.NCX are hot! ASP told me coming liow,but when?Next month maybe.They said Honda bikes are like that,must wait very long,even main-stand in Japan also no stock!Much longer than PML,they air-freight not like Honda by sea......sian